PDA

View Full Version : Power sliding issues?

08450ER
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey,

When going into a turn pretty fast and you shift all your weight into the corner. And you feel the back start to break loose and then you are sliding, how do you keep the back end from coming all the way around. I'm doing something wrong. I did it twice while trying to corner sharp. Either I'm giving it too much gas or I'm turning to sharp??? Any suggestions? Thanks

exracer15
08-17-2008, 08:57 PM
what you could try to do is when you start powersliding, play with the throttle some to see if you can keep the back end where you want it. also counter steer when the back end kicks out.

atvmaster0927
08-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by exracer15
what you could try to do is when you start powersliding, play with the throttle some to see if you can keep the back end where you want it. also counter steer when the back end kicks out.

X2. You gotta play with the throttle, like basicly rev it out...dont just hold it in. And you deff gotta counter steer alot. You will get used to it after a while.

One_Bad_400
08-17-2008, 09:30 PM
try not leaning in to much. also, my leaning back a little. i race TT and that was one of my problems when i first started racing was spinning out. i got better my not leaning in so much and leaning back a little.

allstock
08-17-2008, 10:21 PM
u might want to feather your cluth a little too to keep from spinning out

BlaineKaiser450
08-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by allstock
u might want to feather your cluth a little too to keep from spinning out thats what i do

Scro
08-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Seat time. You will eventually become familiar with how it reacts in corners on different terrain. It's one of those things that nobody can really teach, you just have to learn it on your own.

stoopidbot
08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Scro
Seat time. You will eventually become familiar with how it reacts in corners on different terrain. It's one of those things that nobody can really teach, you just have to learn it on your own.
That's the best response I've read yet.

It is all about throttle control, less throttle will straighten you out and more throttle will throw the back end more.

08450ER
08-19-2008, 05:02 PM
thank you guyz for the reply's. I'm a newbie with quads. I've wanted a dirtbike/quad ever since I was like 9. But my parents hate em. So Im finally at an age when I could buy one myself. So at 23. I finally bought one. I've been riding now for about 3 months and some of you guyz have been riding ever since you were born. I know it all comes with experience, but It's so much fun!!! All I think about is buying some new mod exhaust/suspension/wheels/tires etc....

atvmaster0927
08-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by 08450ER
thank you guyz for the reply's. I'm a newbie with quads. I've wanted a dirtbike/quad ever since I was like 9. But my parents hate em. So Im finally at an age when I could buy one myself. So at 23. I finally bought one. I've been riding now for about 3 months and some of you guyz have been riding ever since you were born. I know it all comes with experience, but It's so much fun!!! All I think about is buying some new mod exhaust/suspension/wheels/tires etc....

It's very addictive, both riding and buying stuff for it.

IrideMHSC
08-20-2008, 08:26 AM
im sure you are but since its not been mentioned... sometimes when your powersliding you got steer right to turn left and vice versa

TRX450RACER174
08-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by exracer15

It was mentioned twice in above posts but thanks for the input.

IrideMHSC
08-20-2008, 02:32 PM
gee thanks for setting me straight on my silly little oversight... thats what i get for beeing soooooo stupid

TRX450RACER174
08-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by IrideMHSC
gee thanks for setting me straight on my silly little oversight... thats what i get for beeing soooooo stupid

Just bustin your balls geez :D

IrideMHSC
08-20-2008, 09:40 PM
lol i know thought i might get a little sarcastic for a kick

rt20ps
08-21-2008, 06:39 AM
You may also want to play with tire pressure. Less pressure in the rear tires will help you control your slides.

86250rrider
08-25-2008, 11:17 PM
i cant believe nobody has mentioned this. while your sliding ..if you want to hook up ,pushdown on the outside peg a little to hook up with your leg while leaning into the turn. you will get the feel for it. i race woods so you need control at all times. also shifting back while doing this when shooting out of a turn for better hook-up wooks quite well. ask the tt guys about this.use the whole seat! hope this helped.;)