PDA

View Full Version : Big Bore PV MFG????

54warrior
08-17-2008, 08:31 PM
I am having a brain fart. Several years ago, there was a co. offering a PV cylinder for the 250R. Also several Big Bore options too. If memory serves, the co. was mostly into snowmobile performance.

It wasn't FTZ or CT or LRD or Hetrick, etc. It was an oddball company.

Anyone know who I'm thinking of?

54warrior
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Ahhh, just found it, PSI Performance

Thanks for the help, lol. Should have searched first.

C-LEIGH RACING
08-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Good luck.
Neil

Buttermilk
08-18-2008, 12:31 PM
You might want to check into this company as well:

CP Industries Inc. (http://www.cpindinc.com)

Calvin Pollet is making some big bore cylinders for the 250R. The largest one is available in a PV configuration as well (Sabertooth), as well as the smaller version (Sphynx).

54warrior
08-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Actually, a guy on another board was inquiring about BB snowmobile kits, and I remembered about the PSI company.

Thanks though!

mineralgrey01gt
08-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
I am having a brain fart. Several years ago, there was a co. offering a PV cylinder for the 250R. Also several Big Bore options too. If memory serves, the co. was mostly into snowmobile performance.

It wasn't FTZ or CT or LRD or Hetrick, etc. It was an oddball company.

Anyone know who I'm thinking of?

theres a 250r for sale on ebay with a green frame with a PSI topend on it. sweet looking topend i have to say

800screws
08-18-2008, 06:49 PM
are the cp cylinders drag only? there isn't really any info about them on the site. they don't seem to offer PV also? anywhere on the net to find more info on them...

Creech52
08-18-2008, 08:39 PM
I dont think the CP cylinders are specifically for drag racing, but thats what all the drag racers use. They are just huge motors. The cheeta and cub for the banshee are way popular and I have heard some good things about the R cylinder. Ive heard some things about the port design being better and the cooling jackets and all that, but mostly about the port layout. Other then that cant really help. You might wanna try poking around on the bansheeHQ for some info.

Edit: not sure if u knew this but clicking the word single on their site by the different motor sizes brings up more info and pics.