PDA

View Full Version : New White Brothers exhaust

dingo
12-07-2002, 12:45 AM
I saw in a recent dirt wheels magazine that White Brothers has a new exhaust. It looks kinda like a cross between a e-series and a r-series with a grey finish.
Any one now anything about them?

12-07-2002, 05:13 AM
white brother said they cant say anythig abt it yet:huh

all i know is its called the E2 Quiet Exhaust

Steve-o 400EX
12-07-2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
white brother said they cant say anythig abt it yet:huh

all i know is its called the E2 Quiet Exhaust

All I can say is that if it is quiet I dont want it!:macho

tprender
12-07-2002, 07:36 AM
You will find that they are gong to be making more quiet exhaust because of the noise laws and rules going into effect. In Calif you must be 96 I think as of Jan 1. It start's in Calif and then moves to the other states.
Remember less sound equals more ground to ride. This is one of many reasons that we have lost riding areas that we(I) used to ride 10 to 15 years ago.

Steve-o 400EX
12-07-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by tprender
You will find that they are gong to be making more quiet exhaust because of the noise laws and rules going into effect. In Calif you must be 96 I think as of Jan 1. It start's in Calif and then moves to the other states.
Remember less sound equals more ground to ride. This is one of many reasons that we have lost riding areas that we(I) used to ride 10 to 15 years ago.

Yea but I ride only on private land. So they can't tell me Jack S***.:devil

YZROOSTINYA
12-07-2002, 01:56 PM
they have 2 new ones. the one is a RACE which is basically a oval r series. but the silencer is titanium and the core might be differant size. the e2 is a quit version like the Q from fmf

Ryan
12-07-2002, 02:22 PM
It doesn't bother me with the noise level. I bet they won't bother the snowmobilers though. How loud is a DMC pipe And Silencer, Say on a 400ex? How many decibals about?

The harley guys are gonna get pissed at this. They are the ones who are really keeping the noise up!

Team Outlaw #34
12-07-2002, 02:37 PM
yeah they are makin two new ones....

haha yeah they always complain about us bein to loud when harleys are a lot louder and they are the ones that are going through populated areas....you don't see a quad riding down the road in cities....(well once in a while)

raptakilla15
12-07-2002, 03:16 PM
actually if you ride on private land and annoy to many people, and they call the cops on you, you will be told you cant ride there, it happened to me, in my own driveway

dingo
12-08-2002, 01:31 AM
In Oregon at Florence you have to be at at 94 decibals, so I have to have a quiet exhaust. However, if it is that quite, will it be worth it to buy a new exhaust? h.p. wise. The 94 decibal level is lower then stock but they won't bust you for having stock. They make it so you can't buy aftemarket. But then you see all these Banshees screaming by, wondering how they don't get busted. Makes me consider just buying what I want and gamble I don't get fined.

oregonrider89
12-08-2002, 06:53 AM
Sounds good, Did it say what kind of power does it make? What about with a 440? I wonder if it compares to a Engine builders pipe.

oregonrider89

Quadracer5
12-08-2002, 08:43 AM
Umm, correct me if i'm wrong, but the stock 400EX exhaust decibal level is 88 db.

Kyle

Steve-o 400EX
12-08-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by raptakilla15
actually if you ride on private land and annoy to many people, and they call the cops on you, you will be told you cant ride there, it happened to me, in my own driveway

Yea but they cant tell me that when i ride on a 150 acre farm down here and an 800 acre farm up the mountains. Even if they did I wouldnt listen, not to be cocky or anything, last year I got a ticket for riding on public roads during a snow storm bc one of my Dic* head neighbors called the cops, and it wasnt like I was ridng past their house a lot either, maybe once or twice, the cop said it was fine If I stayed on my property, I was riding my friends 99 400ex with a WB E on it with no disks, the cop heard it too and didnt say anything about noise, plus I live next to a retirement community too. I just think people need to mind their own business about the noise level, I can understand if u are riding a 7 am or 9 at night but not in mid day.

dingo
12-08-2002, 09:52 AM
Umm, correct me if i'm wrong, but the stock 400EX exhaust decibal level is 88 db. .

It very well may be 88db i was always told most stock pipes are above the 94db level.

Extremeracer167
12-08-2002, 10:38 AM
I can tell u that the race series is going to be one heck of an exhaust. Anyone ever read any Bike mags? This is the same type of exhaust that nathan ramsey runs on his trick 450. Also the same one that has a retail price of $700! I ordered them in for a few guys that have the 450s and they all said it is a AWESOME pipe. And they are using the same technologies in the one for the EX as well. Look for it to be one of th ebest pipes out there, hands down!

patrick delao
12-08-2002, 10:38 AM
I had the W/B Eseries on my 400ex and went to CT and had the W/B pro meg with my raptor and went to the Yoshi comp and Both other pipes systems gave me way more power then the W/Bs but they both came with the bikes and i got to sell them and up grade :D :D :D

chad400ex
12-08-2002, 01:44 PM
I've had my Yoshi exhaust "courtesy checked" for me at Coos Bay. They said I was pushing 97 dB, and then I put in the T.E.C. endcap (medium one) and was putting out 94 dB. With the Smallest end cap, I'm right around 90 dB. They only take a half a minute to change out, and you can carry the quiet one in your pocket or toolbox on your quad. Just keep that and an allen wrench handy, and you'll have no problems. I've never been stopped with mine because of being too loud. I asked to be checked, so they were easy on me. After I was out of sight, I took, the endcap out.

dingo
12-08-2002, 02:13 PM
maybe that is the way to go..... care the quite core with ya so as not to get busted at the check points and put in on in camp when they do there checks thru camp when playing at the beach