PDA

View Full Version : irazrs vs. razr 2

k4f5x0r
08-17-2008, 04:57 PM
id like to see some reviews for both of these tires. both positive and negative.

some things id like to know
-how long do they last?
-are they really puncure resistant(reality wise)?
-whats the benefits of one versus the other?
-what terrain are these best on?

Drewltr450
08-17-2008, 05:43 PM
RAZR 2 !!!

pudamac12
08-17-2008, 06:36 PM
the irazr will hook up a lot better then the razr2 even until nearly bald but it will wear out a lot faster then the razr2.

k4f5x0r
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
anymore reviews? i know alot of people have used these tires and im deciding between the two. so help me out.

450rdr424
08-18-2008, 02:54 PM
it all depends on what type of terrain you are riding, are you looking for front or rears? I run razrII up front and reg 6ply razr in rear, have run razr2 in rear and have had good success only having one sidewall puncture in two years of racing on them in NY where you get all types of terrain. my fronts are on their 3rd season with only one small sidewall puncture........

k4f5x0r
08-18-2008, 03:00 PM
im also in new york and im looking for all around tires. ive heard on the razr 2 front razr rear setup but i can only find 4 ply razrs on the website i ussually order from(motosport.com).

these tres are gunna go from sand to hard pack to loose soil to hardpacked track. pretty much everything

REDRIDDER
08-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I loved my I-razors good traction in just about everything and they clean their self very well.The only downside I thought they had were price and they do wear fairly fast for a 6ply.But I'd buy them again if I wanted to spend the extra cash, I've used them on snow,sand,hard packed and swampy/ muddy terrain.They hook up really well when you want them to but are also predictable.I personally would give the I-razors a 9 out of 10.

atvnut22
08-18-2008, 06:23 PM
try rockymountainatv.com, they should have the six ply razr

k4f5x0r
08-18-2008, 06:29 PM
i really hate rockymountain. they have hte 6 ply razrs but are so much more expensive. for tires all around from them they want 300. motosport for razrs all around is like 200 and some change. im just gunna go with razrs all around. i dont like the look of different tires in the front and back.

spanky
08-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Get the Razr 2 fronts you will never regreat it. They corner so much better! They steer not push out in the corners.

JCoop
08-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Fronts: go with Razr 2's. They are the best XC front tire out there. Period.

Rears: The I-Razrs are a very good straight line traction tire, they do extremely good in mud and ruts. They do have less side bite in turns due to the radial construction and spin out sometimes in turns. They do slice and cut easier on rocky terrian also because the lugs are so spaced out. There is a lot of bare rubber to be cut. Like others have said, they wear fast.

Razr 2' rear tires are, in my opinion, a good tire. I am currently running these tires and have had 0 problems with them. They wear like a brick. Very tough compound. Flats won't be much of a problem with these. They hook up good too. Also they have major side bite traction which helps and turns and ruts.

The 6 ply razr is a very good tire too. Most of the pros run this tire, it is very predictable and has good puncture resistance. They wear good too.

You can't go wrong with either tire. Maxxis rules the atv xc scene.

Hope this helps.

08-19-2008, 12:42 PM
My favorite rear tires are regular razr's. very predictable, they slide when you want them to and grip very well going foward. They make riding a quad seem less tippy because they normally dont catch you can just slide hitting the gas around a turn and you dont have to worry about over sliding. Razr2 deffinately have more bite both in turns and going foward, not for me because my trails will have huge berm sections out of nowhere lol Like mentioned the only thing bad about i-razr is since the tread if father aspart from eachother there is more of a chance to slice or puncture the tire. I know I have 2 pretty huge slices in my stock tires and i am very surprised my tire hasnt popped or leaked any air through them. My brother has razrs and he hasnt had a problem because there is so much tread it would only slice the thread and not the other part.