PDA

View Full Version : Another race, another problem

mudder700
08-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Ok, here we go again,our second race on our 2008 DRX90, l/c, first moto, ran great , second moto, pulled holeshot on 12 other 90"s, including 2 Apex's and 3 DRX's, half lap, it dies, I go over and it starts, but as soon as you give it gas it dies, just like it is starving for gas, towed it back to the pits, pulled the plug, plug looks great, installed new plug, still same thing, get it home, starts up, does same thing, then all of a sudden, seems to run great, could it be vapor locked? I had taken off the gas cap, didn't change anything, not sure, but I am not a happy camper, this quad is brand new, any ideas....

kenjolly
08-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Try running a fuel line from the reserve on the tank to the carb,bypass everything else.

humboldt hills
08-18-2008, 05:43 AM
Might have something floating in the carb, maybe a jet clogged. Set the float while you are in there.

odogracing
08-20-2008, 10:15 AM
May sound kinda weird but I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a cracked intake boot! I must have cleaned the carb 10x's before I found it. Good luck. Maybe this helps!

JIM GRACE
08-20-2008, 06:18 PM
our's did the same, was it breaking up before it stopped?

when we kicked it over there was really no compression..

both the 50 and the 70 are in the shop.. i gave up:grr:

brandon's dad #55

mudder700
08-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I am thinking it was something in the main jet, not sure,I am going to take it apart and see, just been busy with work and trying to put the square tube swingarm and ZRT chain tensioner on, along with a 18 tooth front sprocket, this week is the 50 cc race, so we are going to see what happens with that, I get beside myself over these little monsters......:devil: