PDA

View Full Version : crf heat problems

tmccaughin
08-17-2008, 03:03 PM
i just finished my hybrid and i use astock 250r radiator after i ride it water comes out the over flow i took the water pump cover off and the impeller spins when i kick it over could it be the radiator is to small or could the water pump be garbage and oil shoots out of the valve cover breather tube what would cause it

jrspawn
08-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey whats up. For your cooling issue, the stock R rads are on the small side for the big 4 stroke engines. Id say you def want to upgrade to a larger aluminum radiator regardless of your issue. Next check your jetting and also check for any air leaks. Alot of people overlook a lean condition when having overheating problems.

Also how long does it take to overheat? What type of riding do you do?

As far as the oil puking out of the breather tube. How much oil are you talking about? You will normally see some drops here and there after running it, alot of times it might looking milky(condensation and the oil mist mixture). If your getting alot out of the tube it could be a few different things. First, Blow by. Worn or cracked rings are common for this. Next you can have a seal issue in the bottom(crank, balancer, etc..). Make sure your tranny and engine oil levels are correct and your not pushing tranny oil into the engine side.

Thank you
Justin

tmccaughin
08-17-2008, 06:30 PM
water starts coming out the overflow in about 10-15 minutes of avarage hard riding
the breather tube is ran to my airbox with a pod filter and it comes out of the filter and into the airbox and covers the swingarm
thanks
tim

Glamis400ex
08-17-2008, 08:53 PM
You definately need at least an oversize if not a dual pass radiator. My crf can idle for 30 minutes in my garage with no overheating