PDA

View Full Version : black widow

JR3
08-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Well i always heard they can pop up around here. well my mom goes jay im scared i go why she goes out side and shows me and there just a dead black widow spider laying there. i put it in a ziplock bag and i examined it. matched it up on the internet it has the red hourglass etc. stuff gives me the creeps. i live in the middle of nj anyone else find anything weird round there yard ill take pics later.

ronny
08-17-2008, 02:59 PM
ehh found this, pretty cool and scary lol

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa262/ronnyzuchowski/DSC00843.jpg

ALAMX37
08-17-2008, 03:04 PM
spiders, snakes, coyotes, a mountain lion before. No big thing man, just have to be careful.

honda350r
08-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by ronny
ehh found this, pretty cool and scary lol

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa262/ronnyzuchowski/DSC00843.jpg

That is one of the best bugs a home could have period !

it is a house centipede , they eat lots of other undesirable creatures !

Don't kill it

08-17-2008, 05:09 PM
wow that house centipede if i saw that in my house i would run the opposite way and get something to smash it lol I really hate bugs. Spiders down here I hate when i'm riding the trails and I run into those bananna spiders/silk spiders because they are HUGE! I had one on my visor before from running into its web on a trail I locked up the brakes jumped off the quad and threw my helmet lol I have seen many black widow, brown widow, brown recluse. I was at this wildlife park just north of my house and they have a museum of all the spiders and stuff that live in florida they have them in glass cases. I see this huge tranchula or w/e big hairy spider and the lady said someone brought this to us they found it at their house and apparantly those just live in florida too lol. I was riding my bike at night and I ran into a spider web and the thing was on my shirt I yelled and ran out into the middle of a 4 lane road slapping my face and everywhere to get it off, luckily it was later at night and there werent any cars lol

quads14589
08-17-2008, 05:12 PM
dude black widows r around my neck of the woods all the time even wolf spiders

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
wow that house centipede if i saw that in my house i would run the opposite way and get something to smash it lol I really hate bugs. Spiders down here I hate when i'm riding the trails and I run into those bananna spiders/silk spiders because they are HUGE! I had one on my visor before from running into its web on a trail I locked up the brakes jumped off the quad and threw my helmet lol I have seen many black widow, brown widow, brown recluse. I was at this wildlife park just north of my house and they have a museum of all the spiders and stuff that live in florida they have them in glass cases. I see this huge tranchula or w/e big hairy spider and the lady said someone brought this to us they found it at their house and apparantly those just live in florida too lol. I was riding my bike at night and I ran into a spider web and the thing was on my shirt I yelled and ran out into the middle of a 4 lane road slapping my face and everywhere to get it off, luckily it was later at night and there werent any cars lol

hahah, Im the same way. I was riding and ran through a spider web, a spider went right on the inside part of the visor on my face. I jumped off and starter slapping myself.

I wake up the next morning, and found webs all over my handlebars:huh Damn thing thought it was a jungle gym. Had to brush em all off.

gcart2
08-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider

lol never ride crooms trails first thing in the morning. :p

this is one reason why i switched to mx. :blah:

ronny
08-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
That is one of the best bugs a home could have period !

it is a house centipede , they eat lots of other undesirable creatures !

Don't kill it

Yeaa ive heard that, i've only seen a few of them around and only in our basement thats pretty damp and not really used so they dont really bother me all too much. lol

powermadd400ex
08-17-2008, 06:35 PM
well we have a pool, and all the spider come in there. i find dead spiders all the time in the skimmer basket. but sometimes they're alive. thats when they meet the bottom of my etneies haha
but the usuals are black widows, wolfspiders, and somtimes a chicken snake.

Kickstarts-suck
08-17-2008, 08:02 PM
I have 4 what I think are black widows at my house 2 on my back porch 1 on a window and 1 was on my dads hitch on his truck.

Ryan
08-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Its pretty rare that you find a black widow in the NY/NJ/PA area , but they are here. Only time I seen one around here was in a old attic. NASTY SPIDERS!

ZeroLogic
08-17-2008, 08:17 PM
I hate hate hate hateeee spiders bugs and snakes.:scary:

HmF300ex
08-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Usedto be the same in ill, ive seen at least 10 this summer already, kinda weird. But w/e just leave em alone they won't bother you

honda350r
08-17-2008, 09:11 PM
In the southwest desert Black Widows are everywhere in the summer.

I took this picture 5 minutes ago right outside my back door.. It is about the size of a 50 cent piece ..

08-22-2008, 02:31 PM
i am terrified of spiders after what happened to me like 2 summers ago

i came home from my friends house and their was a huge spider just chillin in my garage. i mean it was huge lik 4 inches across. so i turn the garage light on and my mom walks out and she starts screaming and tells me 2 kill it so i put on my dad's work boots and stepped on it. well when i stepped on i heard it little pop and like 200 little tiny spiders ran out everywhere.

Yippie-Ki-Yay
08-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Where i live, the brown recluse are everywhere. Some say that the recluse is the most dangerous spider in the us due to the fact that there is NO cure for a bite. If you go to the hospital, they give u antibiotics, and a bandaid, No way to stop the skin from rotting away. Worse moment i had with one was when i was on xbox live, playing cod4, well a recluse like fell from the roof, or something, and landed on my leg ( trust me, i know what they look like) well i started yelling and cussing and threw the controler down and jumped up and it fell off and scurried under my computer desk...When i put the headset back on my real life friends were freaking out thinking that i was getting attacked or something! :p

honda350r
08-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Honda or DI3

i came home from my friends house and their was a huge spider just chillin in my garage. i mean it was huge lik 4 inches across. so i turn the garage light on and my mom walks out and she starts screaming and tells me 2 kill it so i put on my dad's work boots and stepped on it. well when i stepped on i heard it little pop and like 200 little tiny spiders ran out everywhere.

That was a wolf spider, the babies ride on the moms back and make the spider look much bigger than it really is !

Wolf spiders a little scary looikng but they are a good spider and eat cochroaches...

Keystone_Rider
08-22-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm always finding spiders in my house, my wife don't like them, she always trying to get me to kill them. I told her I don't kill spiders unless it's a black widow (never seen one in Pennsylvania), or a brown recluse. I told her I won't kill spiders cuz they eat the bugs that are disease carriers and constant pest. I went on the internet and showed her the fact that a common housefly can carry up to 55,000 kinds of dangerous and deadly germs that can harm and kill us. Most spiders don't bother us unless we provoke it, but the housefly constantly bother us, land on our food after landing on, licking and eating some fresh dog poop. I would rather kill the flies and have the spider help me. If I kill the spiders, I lost my buddy at arm on the war against flies and pests. Now my wife just tells me to catch the spider alive and take it outside, like I've been doing all my life.
I don't like to get spider webs/spiders all over me when I ride in the woods, I just let my other friends go first for the first lap and then take over as the leader. That way they cleared up all the webs for me. lol.

Kickstarts-suck
08-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Honda or DI3

lol same thing happened to me before.

08-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
lol same thing happened to me before.

x3 on that 1 lol

justin1022
08-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
In the southwest desert Black Widows are everywhere in the summer.

I took this picture 5 minutes ago right outside my back door.. It is about the size of a 50 cent piece ..

Dude that thing is huge i am in canada and the biggest spider i seen walkin around my house was a daddy long legs.

i would sure have fun dropping somthing on that!:D

08-22-2008, 09:29 PM
I heard something about some kid getting in trouble in school and then was in detention or in the principle's office and then he got bit by a black widow and started laughing about nothing like he was on some drugs and then they discovered he was bit by a black widow.

Worst spider I ever saw was a brown recluse or how ever you spell it. Seen many of them when I was building my track and a lot live in my berms :eek2: They rot your skin away and make what looks like a staff infection.

S.A.J
08-22-2008, 09:55 PM
i live in NE texas and it seems like we got abit of evrythng,black widows,recluses,wolf spiders,and buncha big ugly spiders and thn we have rattlesnakes,diamond backs,fox snakes,water mocansas(sp),n sum other kinds too...i was kneeling down in our yard once 2 shoot this bird wth my bbgun(years ago) and wasnt lookn down n i knelt wth one knee rite on a snake,i didnt get a chance 2 c wat kind though cause it didnt stick around n i didnt either,lol n i was huntn in west texas couple years ago wth my bro-inlaws n im walkn in the mesquite bushes n all n i hear ths loud rattling sound but i couldnt see wer it was comin from n my bro heard it to n he yelled 2 me dnt move n thy came ovr there(thy had shotguns i had a .22) n thy shoot it n it ended up being a 5+foot rattle snake,bout as tall as i was thn! n we found n killed couple more out there too,my bro-inlaw was jogn out thr one day n he heard buncha hissn sounds 2 n he stoped n lookd n thr was ths hole n he pulled 14 little rattle snakes outa thr n killed em all n wen he was jogn his foot was like inches from the hole wen he passed by,sum freaky stuff

REDRIDDER
08-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I hate hate hate hateeee spiders bugs and snakes.:scary: lol I hate snakes, anything that can move without legs gives me the he be jebes lol...that and their always under something you pick up all coiled up, then they come crawling out :eek2:

08-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
lol I hate snakes, anything that can move without legs gives me the he be jebes lol...that and their always under something you pick up all coiled up, then they come crawling out :eek2:

Once I saw a snake about 4ft long and I ran after it and hit it with a shovel and it turned around and coiled right up and jumped right at me. Freakiest thing ever.
:eek2: :devil:

justin1022
08-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ltr450fly
Once I saw a snake about 4ft long and I ran after it and hit it with a shovel and it turned around and coiled right up and jumped right at me. Freakiest thing ever.
:eek2: :devil:

did you end up killing it? i would of ran away like a chicken ha i seen one i dont no to the day what kind it was but it looked like i niked it wit the weed eater and thats how i noticed it because it all of a sudden coiled up and i ran my *** off to the house lol

Warnerade
08-22-2008, 11:25 PM
one time I passed out on my couch, woke up and there was a little spider about the size of a dime crawling up my chest when I woke up...I freaked out, there was an emtpy gatorade bottle next to me..i flicked the thing on the ground...trapped it in my gatorade bottle, and filled it with water.

ever since then I have done that with every spider I see...i hateeeee them.

08-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by justin1022
did you end up killing it? i would of ran away like a chicken ha i seen one i dont no to the day what kind it was but it looked like i niked it wit the weed eater and thats how i noticed it because it all of a sudden coiled up and i ran my *** off to the house lol

When I hit it I cut it. Not in half but I cut it which probably hurt and then it coiled right up and a few secs lator it jumped right at me. I dropped the shovel and did some matrix s*** and ran away and then never seen it again lol. It was a copper head. I don't know if it was one of the deadly ones or not but it had them 3 colors. Snakes don't really scare me. I put a big Boa Constrictor around my neck for a pic few years ago. Really pretty snake and they feel cool. It did start to choke me but I got it off b4 it could. When I was younger I used to catch snakes with my hands and freeze them to death in the food freezer lol. Once I hit a snake with a shovel in the head thinking I killed it and its fangs where threw its jaw and few minutes later I pick it up and it started to move and tighten up and I dropped it lol. :eek2:

Another scary thing years ago is I was swimming in a river and a dude saw 2 BIG snakes and took a log and tried to hit em and they took off and went right into the river! I heard the the grass moving around fast from them (their fast) and then the guy said get out which I couldn't cause the river was so fast I would have got took way down stream if I tried. It was a very very fast flowing river so them snakes must have went right past me in the river. :eek2:

Hondamaster5505
08-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by ltr450fly
When I hit it I cut it. Not in half but I cut it which probably hurt and then it coiled right up and a few secs lator it jumped right at me. I dropped the shovel and did some matrix s*** and ran away and then never seen it again lol. It was a copper head. I don't know if it was one of the deadly ones or not but it had them 3 colors. Snakes don't really scare me. I put a big Boa Constrictor around my neck for a pic few years ago. Really pretty snake and they feel cool. It did start to choke me but I got it off b4 it could. When I was younger I used to catch snakes with my hands and freeze them to death in the food freezer lol. Once I hit a snake with a shovel in the head thinking I killed it and its fangs where threw its jaw and few minutes later I pick it up and it started to move and tighten up and I dropped it lol. :eek2:

Another scary thing years ago is I was swimming in a river and a dude saw 2 BIG snakes and took a log and tried to hit em and they took off and went right into the river! I heard the the grass moving around fast from them (their fast) and then the guy said get out which I couldn't cause the river was so fast I would have got took way down stream if I tried. It was a very very fast flowing river so them snakes must have went right past me in the river. :eek2:

Get out of here slow. We all thought you were gone once and for all.

Honda#4
08-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Snakes aint that bad comon well atleast not for me I lovem, I use to play with them all the time had a pet garter snake once and let it run on my chest feels nice and cool and you can feel how they move around, also when I was 10 I went to a circus and held a 10' python around my neck I got a pic someplace i'll have to dig it up.