PDA

View Full Version : How to add fan switch to trx 450r

lwood
08-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Could some one please point me in the right direction on how to wire in a switch i can mount on my handle bars to turn my fan on and off as i need but still come on if i forget to flip the switch.

Dab450r
08-25-2008, 09:27 PM
i have aftermarket handle bars, and everything like my ket switch is in the front under the hood plastic, but i dont have a fan switch, where would i find it or sumthing?

lwood
08-26-2008, 06:50 AM
I have afermarket handle bars also. I have both my lights ( red and green) mounted to my front hood and then i wired my fan switch next to them. so now i can trun my fan on and off as i chose and it will also turn on when ever the motor get hot enough like normal.

Dab450r
08-26-2008, 09:15 AM
ok, yea i only have the red light. and it has never came on and i have also never has my fan turn on either?
i bought the quad from a guy like this

smokinone951
10-09-2010, 02:47 PM
IM SURE THERE ARE A FEW WAYS U CAN DO IT, PERSONALLY I WOULD SPLICE INTO SENSOR WIRE( DONT CUT IT) CONNECT WIRE TO IT TO SWITCH THEN ON OTHER END OF SWITCH RUN TO GROUND.

Scro
10-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by smokinone951
IM SURE THERE ARE A FEW WAYS U CAN DO IT, PERSONALLY I WOULD SPLICE INTO SENSOR WIRE( DONT CUT IT) CONNECT WIRE TO IT TO SWITCH THEN ON OTHER END OF SWITCH RUN TO GROUND.

The sensor wire he is talking about is the thermostat sensor wire. It is located on the thermostat housing on the front of the motor. Cut this wire, add the two cut ends to either side of a switch, and ground that had the factory connector.