PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Crashes

rooster300ex
08-17-2008, 07:56 AM
On youtube i've been watching quad crashes, and alot of them are banshees, also alot of them are during a jump. Most of the time the rearend bucks up and they wipe out. Does this have something to do with the frontend being to heavy or something??

08-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Known Fact.

People who ride banshees at a track usually just cant ride.

rooster300ex
08-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Its prolly the rider more then anything.

08-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Ofcorse

250rAL
08-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Crappy stock suspension and on/off powerband makes jumping difficult.

Ruby Soho
08-17-2008, 08:39 AM
banshees are terrible mx quads.

there terrible anywhere but in a straight line.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 09:22 AM
I like jumping the banshee more then my 400ex. It seem's to fly much straighter and doesn't nosedive or anything with me. The 400 gets a little tricky sometimes.

But, that being said, the 400ex lands much nicer:p Stock front banshee shocks suck arse.

Most of the time it's rider error. If you can't ride on a track or jump, then don't do it. It's that simple.

The most wrecks I see on youtube believe it or not, is 400ex's and 450's in general.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
I like jumping the banshee more then my 400ex. It seem's to fly much straighter and doesn't nosedive or anything with me. The 400 gets a little tricky sometimes.

But, that being said, the 400ex lands much nicer:p Stock front banshee shocks suck arse.

Most of the time it's rider error. If you can't ride on a track or jump, then don't do it. It's that simple.

The most wrecks I see on youtube believe it or not, is 400ex's and 450's in general.

this would be because his weight on the back of the quad offsets the terrible nose dive

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
this would be because his weight on the back of the quad offsets the terrible nose dive

Actually, you have a point.

being 210, I can jump the banshee fairly easily. But, my cousin is only 150 and can jump it fine too. So it must be the rider.

The 400ex, as long as I stand up, it won't buck on me as much as other people claim it does.

Banshee's are balanced, but with chity suspension.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 10:07 AM
haha yep and just so you know regardless of our other conversation that was actually my point, because i myself can ride a banshee fairly well on the track, but it just doesn't have the balls that the 4 strokes do

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 10:10 AM
haha yep and just so you know regardless of our other conversation that was actually my point, because i myself can ride a banshee fairly well on the track, but it just doesn't have the balls that the 4 strokes do

The banshee's are just about equal with 450's as far as acceleration and top speed goes. Being a banshee owner, I like them more, but I will admit the 450's def. have some balls too.

The powerband sucks on the track though. You either scream the piss out of it the whole race and go like hell, or lag it in the bottom and mid-range. Why the 250r's and 450's are also better on the track, lol

450raider
08-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho

exactly, i had a brand new 04 at one time, (got stolen and totaled within 6 daysd of me owning it), and i can say when people put the money out for a banshee all their really paying for is the motor, id still like to have another one just to have and still love the unique bodywork but here though people go on so much about 2 bangers you really get sick of em after awhile.....

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 10:11 AM
the problem being exactly what you posted, most mx tracks include enough tight corners to render what power the banshees have useless.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by 450raider
exactly, i had a brand new 04 at one time, (got stolen and totaled within 6 daysd of me owning it), and i can say when people put the money out for a banshee all their really paying for is the motor, id still like to have another one just to have and still love the unique bodywork but here though people go on so much about 2 bangers you really get sick of em after awhile.....

lol, you should look over at bansheehq. We're all a giant banshee cult. haha.

It depends on the preferences of people. Some call it 2-stroke fever. Once you ride one, you want to keep putting more and more money into it to go faster and faster.

Hell, my banshee has my wallet held hostage. It pulled a gun on me the other day as a matter of fact, haha.

08-17-2008, 10:31 AM

i 100% agree on that. from riding them to talkig to owners I have only found 2 people that really like them 1 being hondamaster5505 and my cousin. i'll bring out some banshee owner/rider quotes. "dont ever buy a banshee they are built like crap, tell your friends to never waste their money on these stupid things" that guy owned 2 of them. heres another previous banshee owner/rider "tell your cousin not to buy a banshee, i had one and it sucked. it was only good for going fast in a straight line"

ALAMX37
08-17-2008, 10:58 AM
So much hate towards Banshee's. In stock form they suck balls, but hell I have yet to ride anything I liked all stock. Throw some suspension and pipes and hold on. I loved my banshee, it was prolly the funnest thing I have ever rode. It is the rider not the machine.

rooster300ex
08-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 250rAL
Crappy stock suspension and on/off powerband makes jumping difficult.

Can you make a banshee have quite a bit of lowend power with mods?

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
i 100% agree on that. from riding them to talkig to owners I have only found 2 people that really like them 1 being hondamaster5505 and my cousin. i'll bring out some banshee owner/rider quotes. "dont ever buy a banshee they are built like crap, tell your friends to never waste their money on these stupid things" that guy owned 2 of them. heres another previous banshee owner/rider "tell your cousin not to buy a banshee, i had one and it sucked. it was only good for going fast in a straight line"

see, but you're only posting one side of the argument. There is not ONE quad that doesn't have at least one person that hates it. I know people that hate 400ex's, 450r's, yfz's, z-400's, and so on.

Go on bansheeHQ and ask around. You'll get a much different result.

And I agree with ALAMX. There is NOTHING like a piped banshee. They are so unique in every way. Is there any other twin 2-strokes atv's out there? Anything that looks like it? Anything that sounds like it? Plus they're a blast to ride.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by rooster300ex

Yes, 2 into 1 pipes, single carb, reed spacers, etc.

But why bother? Your ruining the nature of the beast. When yamaha built it, it was designed to be a huge top-end screamer.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 12:12 PM
I found a neat video for you guys.

It's the 2002 Supercross in Montreal.

Banshee's weren't all that bad in supercross. Two 250r's placed first and second, and a banshee took 3rd. No podium finishes for the 4-strokes at all. All the 400ex's and raptors were dominated by the 2-strokes.

Just found it neat the banshee's, with the right riders and suspension work, CAN finish on the podium.

http://www.montrealsupercross.com/Video.aspx?no=121

450raider
08-17-2008, 12:19 PM
lol, you should look over at bansheehq. We're all a giant banshee cult. haha.

It depends on the preferences of people. Some call it 2-stroke fever. Once you ride one, you want to keep putting more and more money into it to go faster and faster.

Hell, my banshee has my wallet held hostage. It pulled a gun on me the other day as a matter of fact, haha.

lol.... nah just to clarify i just mean where i live alot of the time youll see someone (usually some guy on some philipino quad), on the trails and it doesnt matter what youre riding theyll compare it to a shee, from me on my 450r to my cousin visiting on his crf450 or even now with my kfx... you can go out when theyre is many people out (like a sunday) and youll see some hick wave you down and ask you meaningless questions like "what the hosepower on that thing" or "whats it register".... and it dont matter what answer you give they always know somebody somewhere with a banshee that can smoke you "any" where..... and after hearing that so many times it gets old...

xtullyx16
08-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex

cant u put in a better crank? so it would have sum torque outta the corners.. ik my friend bought a mx blaster.. and it is bored .50 over,reeds, 250r carb and intake, etc and pulls with the stroked big bore blasters, mostly i htink because it has a built bottom end..

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by xtullyx16
cant u put in a better crank? so it would have sum torque outta the corners.. ik my friend bought a mx blaster.. and it is bored .50 over,reeds, 250r carb and intake, etc and pulls with the stroked big bore blasters, mostly i htink because it has a built bottom end..

Yes, they make 4mil cranks, and the add torque all around, but 2-strokes are very tempermental when it comes to exhaust. You can get more low end from an exhaust then a stroker crank on a banshee.

They motofast 2-1 pipe, along with a single carb setup, reeds, and higher compression, will give the banshee a ton of bottom and mid-range.

But it really defeats the purpose of the banshee.

xtullyx16
08-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Yes, they make 4mil cranks, and the add torque all around, but 2-strokes are very tempermental when it comes to exhaust. You can get more low end from an exhaust then a stroker crank on a banshee.

They motofast 2-1 pipe, along with a single carb setup, reeds, and higher compression, will give the banshee a ton of bottom and mid-range.

But it really defeats the purpose of the banshee.

yeah but if u put a 4mil crank in the banshee it would still have its crazy topend +sum added bottom-mid power, right? j/w

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by xtullyx16
yeah but if u put a 4mil crank in the banshee it would still have its crazy topend +sum added bottom-mid power, right? j/w

more midrange then anything, but yeah.

There are some sick banshee motors with 4mils that still rev to the moon, but it does make more low and mid.

To get a lot of low-mid while retaining the top, is power valves. Like the 250r's have.

On the rz350 (same as banshee motor) it has powervalves. People have adapted them before, and it makes the power MUCH more broader.

Ruby Soho
08-17-2008, 02:58 PM
id much rather have my slow EX than a banshee any day of the week. the banshee screams, yes ill give it that. that is why it rules the dunes and drag strips. but thats what it basically was built for. there is no point (to me atleast) to buy a banshee and build it for MX, XC, FMX, etc... your much better off with a 4 stroke with better geometry, or a 250r.

im not saying its a bad idea, because you may really like them. and built banshees are cool.

but theres a reason the 450's are kings of just about everything:scary:

exrider49
08-17-2008, 03:10 PM
yeah im gonna haev to agree with ruby, and hondamaster, your telling us were posting on one side of the arguement, and then you say your in the online banshee cult so of course what we say you will stick up for your banshee but anyways ive always wanted to ride one but i ive rode a 250r with a little motor work and i didnt care for how the power is delivered compared to my 4strokes

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by exrider49
yeah im gonna haev to agree with ruby, and hondamaster, your telling us were posting on one side of the arguement, and then you say your in the online banshee cult so of course what we say you will stick up for your banshee but anyways ive always wanted to ride one but i ive rode a 250r with a little motor work and i didnt care for how the power is delivered compared to my 4strokes

Yeah, but I usually will help both sides of the arguments. Did I not say the banshee just isn't great for FMX or SX.

But the banshee doesn't compare to the 250r. The banshee is more of a push you in the seat when you hit 6,500 rpm, where the 250r is more of a broader powerband. Both 2-strokes, but 2 different animals, lol.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 03:36 PM
id much rather have my slow EX than a banshee any day of the week. the banshee screams, yes ill give it that. that is why it rules the dunes and drag strips. but thats what it basically was built for. there is no point (to me atleast) to buy a banshee and build it for MX, XC, FMX, etc... your much better off with a 4 stroke with better geometry, or a 250r.

im not saying its a bad idea, because you may really like them. and built banshees are cool.

exactly.

I most likely wouldn't have a banshee if my main riding wasn't coalmines. Thats where the banshee shines and the 400 just.. sucks.

I mean, the banshee is tolerable in the woods when you get used to it and learn how to ride it, but I would MUCH, MUCH rather have my ex in the woods.

08-17-2008, 04:48 PM
I most likely wouldn't have a banshee if my main riding wasn't coalmines. Thats where the banshee shines and the 400 just.. sucks.

speak for your own 400, not everyones lol

Ruby Soho
08-17-2008, 05:04 PM
hondamaster, you're also comparing a banshee to a 400ex. now i will stick up for the 400ex and i love mine, but its not an up-to-date 4 stroke. a 450 compared to a banshee is no comparison because the 450 will compete with the banshee in topend, but it has the bottom end the banshee lacks.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 05:34 PM
speak for your own 400, not everyones lol

lol, well thats what I was kinda refering to.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 05:39 PM
hondamaster, you're also comparing a banshee to a 400ex. now i will stick up for the 400ex and i love mine, but its not an up-to-date 4 stroke. a 450 compared to a banshee is no comparison because the 450 will compete with the banshee in topend, but it has the bottom end the banshee lacks.

Yes, but my preference (which isnt everyone else's) is that the banshee is much more fun as far as the engine goes. The fact it is all mid-top is what thrills me. It dogs until powerband hit's and it's like a light switch.
I feel the banshee is much more fun at ashland. Lot's of wide-open, hill climbs, smooth trails, etc.

Now, this is where people get me wrong. I never once said I hate 450's. I actually love them way more then the 400ex. Although I like the banshee's engine more, the 450 would definitely be my next choice. They have good all-around power and suspension, and, this coming from a banshee owner, I will admit that they 450 is equally as fast as the banshee and is the only other bike imo that will give a shee a run for it's money.

Down the road in the future, im planning on throwin the fo-hundy up for sale and getting a 450. I think it would be cool as hell to own two of the coolest quads ever built.

I mean, I love the 400. It has a good feel and is great in the trails. That's why I havent sold it yet to put money in the shee. But in the future I would like a 450 much more.

Ruby Soho
08-17-2008, 05:52 PM
i think the 450's give it more than a run for its money. yes banshees will rip on high rpm's. ive ridden them i know what your saying. but a 450 has that hit from idle to the limiter.

i cannot stand the banshee in the woods, or jumping it. i have more fun on my friends praire 360 in the woods.

08-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by walshyfz86
Known Fact.

People who ride banshees at a track usually just cant ride.

it's the truth. there was like 3 banshee's at the last race, n00bing the track up, and blowing more smoke then they where roost.

Ruby Soho
08-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
it's the truth. there was like 3 banshee's at the last race, n00bing the track up, and blowing more smoke then they where roost.

do you remember the last practice i believe it was of last year at walden, the black dude with the banshee and the like oldschool motorcycle helmet

that guy was hilarious

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 06:47 PM
i think the 450's give it more than a run for its money. yes banshees will rip on high rpm's. ive ridden them i know what your saying. but a 450 has that hit from idle to the limiter.

i cannot stand the banshee in the woods, or jumping it. i have more fun on my friends praire 360 in the woods.

That may or may not be true. I'm just speaking from my experience. I may be real biased, but I don't lie when I say something as far as speed.

The banshee im usually on (my dads) with just pipes, head, etc. Has been faster than the 450's I get a chance to ride. They usually are piped/filtered/etc also.

When you get on one, then the other, the banshee is faster. Only slightly, if not about the same. They run real close. Then I actually raced my dads shee against it, the other guy being lighter, and we were about dead even. He was maybe .5 quad lengths behind me, not enough to call a race.

Like I said, this is just what I experienced, it could very well be the 450's you rode were faster.

And yep, the banshee flies awesome!!...... until you land. Those front shocks are ball busters.

EDIT:

the 450 has me the first gear or two. Then the banshee catches up once it's able to hook up, haha. I need a -2 swinger.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 06:48 PM
do you remember the last practice i believe it was of last year at walden, the black dude with the banshee and the like oldschool motorcycle helmet

that guy was hilarious

.. he was wearing a motorcycle helmet on a quad:huh

wtf, lol.

Ruby Soho
08-17-2008, 07:12 PM
well, you put the same mods as your dads banshee has in a 450, im gonna say the 450 will be on top.

08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
.. he was wearing a motorcycle helmet on a quad:huh

wtf, lol.

i see it all the time lol its hilarious. something shocking I saw once before while riding I slam on the brakes because someone cuts in front of me. I take a better look and its a street bike that came through the trails and was crossing the pit back to the parking lot. I stopped and watched because it seemed so funny for a crotch rocket to be riding in the soft sand and whoops like that

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 07:19 PM
well, you put the same mods as your dads banshee has in a 450, im gonna say the 450 will be on top.

the 450 had more mods, lmao.

YFZ
Full HMF exhaust
EHS Airbox lid
K&N filter
GYTR CDI
Cam mod

Banshee
Full FMF exhaust
Shaved head
Stock filter
Stock airbox lid w/o snorkel

wheel_spacers
08-17-2008, 07:29 PM
i agree with rubysoho, the 450's have such an advantage over the banshees.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by wheel_spacers
i agree with rubysoho, the 450's have such an advantage over the banshees.

Of course, someone biased comes in here, with no info to back himself up, and says something like this.

wheel_spacers
08-17-2008, 07:35 PM
ive ridden with plenty of banshees, then again i wouldnt say its an even match... but still, the handling of a 450r is much better than a banshee anyday.

and how would you know if i had any experience on banshees and what not?

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Of course, someone biased comes in here, with no info to back himself up, and says something like this.

you are by far the most biased person i have ever met in my life, stop being so freakin defensive and get over the fact that your just wrong once in a while, you've told me yourself that you usually have a little insight on what your talking about but this is one case where you obviously have none, for you to say that your mostly stock banshee is faster than a yfz with a pipe and cam mod is absolutely ludicrous.

08-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Hondamaster5505 what makes you opinion more valid then any others?

you have a banshee and thats all you know, so you feel you need to defend it, your obviously young and still very ignorant, you need to relax and do more riding then typing

the technology is not there, a 450 out compares the banshee in every which shape and form

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 07:43 PM
you are by far the most biased person i have ever met in my life, stop being so freakin defensive and get over the fact that your just wrong once in a while, you've told me yourself that you usually have a little insight on what your talking about but this is one case where you obviously have none, for you to say that your mostly stock banshee is faster than a yfz with a pipe and cam mod is absolutely ludicrous.

How? I have raced, and rode both. I am biased, but present true facts.

Whats so hard to believe about a piped banshee keeping up with a yfz piped with cam mod? Have you ever ridden a piped shee? out of all quads, the shee gets the largest increase in power with pipes.

So I guess im just crazy and was in la la land while riding the both of them..

At least im willing to admit that 450's can keep up and occasionally beat a banshee, when it seems you 450 guys won't admit chit and think the 450's are almighty.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by nuts&bolts
Hondamaster5505 what makes you opinion more valid then any others?

you have a banshee and thats all you know, so you feel you need to defend it, your obviously young and still very ignorant, you need to relax and do more riding then typing

the technology is not there, a 450 out compares the banshee in every which shape and form

where are all these new members coming from??

My banshee doesn't even run yet. That's not why im defending it. It's because I HAVE ridden both, and from what I rode, they're equal. Whats so hard about that.

Yes. the 450's will outhandle a banshee in every way, but it doesn't take much technology in the 2-strokes to make them competitive engine wise.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 07:46 PM
How? I have raced, and rode both. I am biased, but present true facts.

Whats so hard to believe about a piped banshee keeping up with a yfz piped with cam mod? Have you ever ridden a piped shee? out of all quads, the shee gets the largest increase in power with pipes.

So I guess im just crazy and was in la la land while riding the both of them..

At least im willing to admit that 450's can keep up and occasionally beat a banshee, when it seems you 450 guys won't admit chit and think the 450's are almighty.

banshees are fast no doubt but they are not...i repeat not....as fast as a piped yfz with a cam if they only have a pipe, i have owned a piped shee but i do 98% of my riding on an mx track and the other 2% is drags on my driveway, so don't sit there and tell me how you know this that and the other thing, until you have owned and raced both long enough to know the ins and outs of both bikes do not sit here and give me a biased opinion about how fast your 1988 piped banshee is.

08-17-2008, 07:47 PM
stock shee aint something to brag about being fast. Its slightly faster than a stock 400ex. I know 1st hand from racing. Now my cousin bought pipes, a K&N, and jetted it $700 later. My cousins banshee beat me when i was at 3/4 throttle and he was at full throttle lol i didnt know that my thottle was that much out of adjustment I even had to rejet because of the extra airflow. But now I have the timing key which did quite a bit and i am running at 100% throttle so I say we run even or I pull him by a bit. On the road he will win though because of the extra RPM. I have ridden modded banshee's too. They were fun to drift sideways and do donuts but other than that the handling is HORRIBLE! and they aint all that and a bag of chips lol.

08-17-2008, 07:49 PM
hmm a dual cylinder motor getting better gains from a free flowing exhaust rather then a single cylinder.. go figure :confused:

seriously kid if you need to defend a specific quad on a internet forum then theres something wrong, obviously you like to talk and not ride.

how many hours of seat time you have on a 450? im guessing about half the amount of time you have in that computer chair

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 07:49 PM
banshees are fast no doubt but they are not...i repeat not....as fast as a piped yfz with a cam if they only have a pipe, i have owned a piped shee but i do 98% of my riding on an mx track and the other 2% is drags on my driveway, so don't sit there and tell me how you know this that and the other thing, until you have owned and raced both long enough to know the ins and outs of both bikes do not sit here and give me a biased opinion about how fast your 1988 piped banshee is.

It's not an aftermarket cam, just the cam mod. Stock cam.

You're entitled to your opinion, im entitled to mine. You may have different experiences then me. But whenever I go riding I get to ride both of these machines. I have a lot of seat time on them. And this is just my experience.

Until I ride some other 450 and see how it compares, my opinion stands.

and btw, im not talking about my shee. It doesn't even run yet.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 07:50 PM
where are all these new members coming from??

and who are you to question new members as a 14 yr old kid who has only been here for a year and obviously still has a lot to learn

Ruby Soho
08-17-2008, 07:51 PM
hondamaster, first of all, a yfz450 with an exhaust and cam mod isn't really the same. maybe if you mill the head on the 450 and raise compression to equal the banshee the story would be a little different.

second, i dont even have a 450, i used to try to be against them, but the fact of the matter is you cannot beat them. they have such recent technology compared to the banshee's whopping 80's technology. there is no comparison, yeah maybe "top speed" the banshee will beat a 450 but whos comparing top speed? were not little fast and furious wannabe's over here comparing whos got the faster top speed. you look at the overall quad of say a yfz450, and a banshee, the 450 will walk all over it in handling, looks, geometry, power, power delivery, and anything else you can name besides the all mighty "top speed".

which if you really wanted to, you could gear and build a 450 to beat a banshee any day of the week, but why bother?:rolleyes:

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by nuts&bolts
hmm a dual cylinder motor getting better gains from a free flowing exhaust rather then a single cylinder.. go figure :confused:

seriously kid if you need to defend a specific quad on a internet forum then theres something wrong, obviously you like to talk and not ride.

how many hours of seat time you have on a 450? im guessing about half the amount of time you have in that computer chair

No, because look at the stock banshee pipes and the aftermarket. They restricted the HELL out of them for insurance reasons.

I have maybe, 18 hours total seat time on the yfz. Never really keep track of that stuff.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 07:54 PM
and just so everybody knows our little genius here is only 14 so don't rag on him to hard he might cry

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 07:56 PM
hondamaster, first of all, a yfz450 with an exhaust and cam mod isn't really the same. maybe if you mill the head on the 450 and raise compression to equal the banshee the story would be a little different.

second, i dont even have a 450, i used to try to be against them, but the fact of the matter is you cannot beat them. they have such recent technology compared to the banshee's whopping 80's technology. there is no comparison, yeah maybe "top speed" the banshee will beat a 450 but whos comparing top speed? were not little fast and furious wannabe's over here comparing whos got the faster top speed. you look at the overall quad of say a yfz450, and a banshee, the 450 will walk all over it in handling, looks, geometry, power, power delivery, and anything else you can name besides the all mighty "top speed".

which if you really wanted to, you could gear and build a 450 to beat a banshee any day of the week, but why bother?:rolleyes:

:o
Im done. This is pointless. If it comes down to I have to go riding with people on here, race it, and film it, just to show you, then I will.

I hate top speed. Whats the point. It's not about top speed, it's about how fast you get there. Thats why we run 12 tooth front sprockets on our banshee's, and why we have banshee's.

I cant believe you guys find it so hard to accept that they are equal. And you keep pulling the technology card out.

If were talking tech., then im talking tech. Any of you ever hear of the RZshee? Yeah, the rz350 had powervalves. By converting the powervalve cylinders/electronics over to the banshee, you have a 55hp quad... stock. Throw pipes, filter, shaved head, and porting, and you easily have a 65+ hp banshee.

What I experienced is what happened. I dont know what experiences you have, but this just happened to be the outcome for me.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 07:58 PM
and just so everybody knows our little genius here is only 14 so don't rag on him to hard he might cry

what a physcologist you'll be:rolleyes:

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:01 PM
to the guy that said I get everything handed to me, you are so wrong.

My dad paid for my blaster. Then we sold that, and got 800 towards my ex. The ex was 1800. So I payed 1000 for my 400ex, $100 for the exhaust, just recently $20 for a new light switch. All out of my pocket.

Then I worked my arse off for $245 just to rebuild my banshee. And working even more recently for the head, etc.

The only thing my dad pays for it regular maintaince. Oil, spark plugs etc. We are not rich, so I can't be one of those spoiled kids that gets everything handed to him. I work for my stuff.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:01 PM
hondamaster this is by no means a doctor/patient or potential patient relationship so i have no need to act professionally towards a spoiled 14 yr old kid, and to make a comment like that you must think you really know me so please pick apart my life and tell me what else i'm gonna be good at because i'm dieing to know.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:02 PM
hondamaster this is by no means a doctor/patient or potential patient relationship so i have no need to act professionally towards a spoiled 14 yr old kid, and to make a comment like that you must think you really know me so please pick apart my life and tell me what else i'm gonna be good at because i'm dieing to know.

before you start calling me spoiled, read my post above yours.

08-17-2008, 08:04 PM
your so ignorant to whats going on its unbelieveable,
talking about a built banshee and yours isnt even nothing to brag about

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:05 PM
hondamaster i would like to know where you work at 14 that you make enough money to buy these thing,

Ruby Soho
08-17-2008, 08:06 PM
there isnt jack for technology in a banshee. its a simple 1980's twin cylinder 2 stroke. give it up. a 4 stroke engine will produce more power any day of the week.

a banshee is NOT equal to a present day 450.

you build me a 450 and then you build me a banshee with the same exact of whatever you want in its engine, and then you tell me what has more power. and were not talking topend power, were talking raw power, from all over the rpm range.

i give up aswell, because your immature than i thought and can't except the banshee is a 1980's hunk of ****:chinese:

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:11 PM
hondamaster i would like to know where you work at 14 that you make enough money to buy these thing,

12 hours a day at my dads shop.. long boring jobs doing 1000's of pieces on machines.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:13 PM
there isnt jack for technology in a banshee. its a simple 1980's twin cylinder 2 stroke. give it up. a 4 stroke engine will produce more power any day of the week.

a banshee is NOT equal to a present day 450.

you build me a 450 and then you build me a banshee with the same exact of whatever you want in its engine, and then you tell me what has more power. and were not talking topend power, were talking raw power, from all over the rpm range.

i give up aswell, because your immature than i thought and can't except the banshee is a 1980's hunk of ****:chinese:

Ok, mod for mod. huh?

Try a 10mil stroker cub on race gas pushing 100hp.

Its not equal to a present day chassis by any means. Put full suspension on a shee and a 450, the 450 still handles better. But it's pretty pathetic if this 80's technology could even keep up with this modern technology

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:14 PM
so maybe you do work, but as far as i'm concerned you still are having things handed to you, where does your dad work so i can report him to osha and the feds for his taxes, you wouldn't have any of these things that your talking about if your dad didn't hand you a job.

Ruby Soho
08-17-2008, 08:16 PM
ok you put the same stroke in the 450 well see whos winning.

you also have to compensate for what a 2 stroke can do compared to a 4 stroke. yes 2 strokes have obvious advantages but they have a lot more disadvantages. sure your banshees gonna make 50hp with whatever mods but its also going to blow up months before this so called not so advanced 450 does.

08-17-2008, 08:16 PM
hondamaster, you absoutly brought it upon yourself...

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:18 PM
so maybe you do work, but as far as i'm concerned you still are having things handed to you, where does your dad work so i can report him to osha and the feds for his taxes, you wouldn't have any of these things that your talking about if your dad didn't hand you a job.

Yeah, he handed me a job, but he is not handing me anything else. It's still working my arse off no matter what. I make him money, i get paid also.

If I was getting things "handed to me" then I would be sitting home doing chit and asking for parts. That aint how it works

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:19 PM
thank you jesus i keep forgetting to save that on my computer for later use

Ruby Soho
08-17-2008, 08:20 PM
you work in a machine shop? thats not hard work..

and let me ask you this. if you work that much, you should be getting atleast minimum wage. you should be making plenty to finish your banshee, and not skimp out on mods for your ex. something doesnt sound right to me.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:22 PM
ok you put the same stroke in the 450 well see whos winning.

you also have to compensate for what a 2 stroke can do compared to a 4 stroke. yes 2 strokes have obvious advantages but they have a lot more disadvantages. sure your banshees gonna make 50hp with whatever mods but its also going to blow up months before this so called not so advanced 450 does.

It really depends on who built it.

Everything has it's limit's until it blows up. If your average person built the motor, yeah, it'll blow up. But lets say.. you have F.A.S.T racing build it. It'll be pretty dependable.

Same goes for the 450's. But correct me if im wrong, but they don't even make a 10 mil for the 450's.

On the banshee's, when you get to 22mil, they are ticking time bombs. 10mil is still pretty safe, with the right builder

08-17-2008, 08:23 PM

and let me ask you this. if you work that much, you should be getting atleast minimum wage. you should be making plenty to finish your banshee, and not skimp out on mods for your ex. something doesnt sound right to me.

fo sho. i worked 6 hour days at minimum wage(like $7) and paid off a brand new YFZ.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah, he handed me a job, but he is not handing me anything else. It's still working my arse off no matter what. I make him money, i get paid also.

If I was getting things "handed to me" then I would be sitting home doing chit and asking for parts. That aint how it works

no that is just another definition of getting things handed to you, no matter how you look at it you have do no legitimate work on your own to earn these thing.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:24 PM

I dont work all the time, only when I need something.

My cylinders are at passion right now being bored, and im getting the top end kit back with it.

Im not dumping money into the ex. I plan on selling it down the road, so it would be like throwing cash into a black hole.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:25 PM
It really depends on who built it.

Everything has it's limit's until it blows up. If your average person built the motor, yeah, it'll blow up. But lets say.. you have F.A.S.T racing build it. It'll be pretty dependable.

Same goes for the 450's. But correct me if im wrong, but they don't even make a 10 mil for the 450's.

On the banshee's, when you get to 22mil, they are ticking time bombs. 10mil is still pretty safe, with the right builder

yep and still slower than my grandmas electric wheel chair....

do you honestly think someone could build that motor and romp on it like a serious rider would and it will last more than an hour or maybe 2

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:26 PM
yep and still slower than my grandmas electric wheel chair....

do you honestly think someone could build that motor and romp on it like a serious rider would and it will last more than an hour or maybe 2

So I guess all those banshee riders runnin 10mils at the dunes wide open all weekend long doesnt count?:confused: im lost.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
whoa whoa we just went from 22 to 10, what happened to all that confidence in your maxed out motor

Ruby Soho
08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
so back to before, i think we can all agree that banshees blow, other than in a straight line.

enough said, im done.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:29 PM
oh and one more thing, i think you should ask those guys how often they replace top ends......

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:31 PM
whoa whoa we just went from 22 to 10, what happened to all that confidence in your maxed out motor

I just said the 22's are unreliable, lmao.

"On the banshee's, when you get to 22mil, they are ticking time bombs. 10mil is still pretty safe, with the right builder "

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:33 PM
but no respons to the top ends?????????????

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:33 PM
on 10 mils, idk. But on a piped shee with coolheads and such, they'll last a good 3 seasons.

08-17-2008, 08:35 PM
on 10 mils, idk. But on a piped shee with coolheads and such, they'll last a good 3 seasons.

WTF? 3 seasons on the same head? Are you riding once during those 3 seasons. Schieß, I ride a 450 and I redo my topend atleast once every MX season.

08-17-2008, 08:35 PM
hondamaster5505, you getting owned:rolleyes:

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
I ride 4 BIG trips every year, then just some bullchit here and there in the local trails.

I dont race mx with it. I like to take care of my stuff.

This thread has gotten way out of hand, and way off topic. Let's all just stop, we all have our own opinions, and let this thread die.

Im now leaving, and I recomend all of you do the same and let this thread die.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
in your freakin dreams they will, any 2 stroke proper maintenance on the top end is consider 8-10 months for a top end, you might get it to last longer but you are not putting out peak power, where as i have a 1986 hond fourtrax 250ex that was rebuilt once in 95ish and doesn't smoke,tick,clink,clank or do anything else to show that it is in need of another overhaul....granted it should have gotten a few just because of the time its been on the one it has now, but i beat on it on my mx track every once in a while with no problems

08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
hondamaster, you absoutly brought it upon yourself...

ROFL that is hilarious!!! i saved that for future use and sending it to my cousin that has a banshee

powermadd400ex
08-17-2008, 08:46 PM
i for see this thread getting locked :p

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:48 PM
haha from now any thread hondamaster posts in will get locked. believe you me.....

08-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I dont race mx with it. I like to take care of my stuff.

I serously don't even know what to say to something that ignorant.

Your quad doesnt even run. And your trying to say that us MX riders/racers dont take care of our bikes? That is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard. I will bet you any amount of money that a MX quad is in better condetion than both of your quads.

I guess in your eye's pro's like Gust, Weinen, Natalie etc are just people who beat on quads all day, and your quads are obvisouly better.

:rolleyes:

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:52 PM
haha from now any thread hondamaster posts in will get locked. believe you me.....

no, only threads like this where people feel the need to argue.

I dont even know where this crap started. my post was just that I mostly see 450 and 400 wreck videos, and somehow it turned into a banshee vs 450 fight.

But I see how mature you people are. Instead of lettin it die you keep going

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 08:53 PM
I serously don't even know what to say to something that ignorant.

Your quad doesnt even run. And your trying to say that us MX riders/racers dont take care of our bikes? That is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard. I will bet you any amount of money that a MX quad is in better condetion than both of your quads.

I guess in your eye's pro's like Gust, Weinen, Natalie etc are just people who beat on quads all day, and your quads are obvisouly better.

:rolleyes:

THATS NOT WHAT I WAS GETTING AT.

I said I don't race mx, and like to take care of my stuff. They werent meant to be together like that. It was just another reason the shee lasts 3 seasons.

No need to get huffy

08-17-2008, 08:54 PM
of course they nosedive the front bumper weights lik 80 lbs

08-17-2008, 09:01 PM
i foresee myself going to bed soon and waking up and going to school tomorrow lol i also forsee more banshee bashing. I might make a freeweb and do a forum section on it for bansheebashing lol

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 09:03 PM
i foresee myself going to bed soon and waking up and going to school tomorrow lol i also forsee more banshee bashing. I might make a freeweb and do a forum section on it for bansheebashing lol

holy crap you have school tomorow?:huh

I dont start till sept. 2nd.

powermadd400ex
08-17-2008, 09:04 PM
i gots skewl too :(
ur a lucky ******* haha

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
i gots skewl too :(
ur a lucky ******* haha

haha.

Im moving at the end of this year though, then ill be starting in august:(

08-17-2008, 09:09 PM
i may start earlier but i get out earlier, much earlier because i'm a senior so I have less than 180 days of school. South florida has a hurricane day tomorrow and tampa has a hurricane day tuesday. my county on the other hand does not:(

Quad18star
08-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Here's what I forsee .... if some members don't start cleaning up their act and keep starting arguements we're going to be a few members short the next day.

And this doesn't just go out to 1 member .... it goes out to a few of you guys in this thread. Re-read the thread and if you THINK this is directed at you , it probably is.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 10:27 PM
i'm gonna go ahead and toss myself right in with that bunch

08-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Here's what I forsee .... if some members don't start cleaning up their act and keep starting arguements we're going to be a few members short the next day.

And this doesn't just go out to 1 member .... it goes out to a few of you guys in this thread. Re-read the thread and if you THINK this is directed at you , it probably is.

Not trying to start ****... but I don't see anything out of line in this thread. There's no personal attacks or flaming going on(maybe MINOR flaming, but nothing bad), just a discussion about banshee's vs. fourstrokes.

blacknblue#2
08-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Im not here to start any fights or take any sides. Just got done reading this whole 8 pages of Shee bashing bickering so i just wanna throw out my .02 cents and experience and thats it. I am a guy who has owned alot of quads. Not gonna lie when i was growin up i had what i wanted not cause we were rich but my parents done what they had to for their kids. back in 2003 i had a 400EX and started going to some MX when i got my license. The 400 was a great quad and it was the second one i had owned at that time. back at that time i was pushing 270lb so the 400 just didnt have what i needed to clear the gaps i wanted. So i was dead set on a banshee but had never rode one so i got one kinda blindsighted. Dont get me wrong, for the Shee to have the exact same designed untouched since 1987 i feel like Yamaha definitely had their head on straight but its obvious that quad MX was not a huge even back then. first place i raced it was a tight indoor MX track with hairpin turns and jumps right out of the turns and the Shee just couldnt handle it. I mean if you didnt care to have your left hand on the clutch as much as you had your right hand on the throttle it woulda been OK then. And in OPEN trails where you wasnt real tight it was alot of fun and could eat a hill up. but since then i have owned 4 450Rs and they are definitly an all purpose quad and easier to ride. My Shee was bored .030 with some port work, full FMF gnarly exhaust, shaved head and a trinity single carb. It ran good but it didnt run any better than my 04 450R did with a full yoshi exhaust, stage one Hot Cam and good jetting. On the road the 2 could run side by side till the 450s rev limiter since the Shee didnt have a limiter. Thats just my .02 cents on my experience with ownin the 2 quads that have for some reason caused an 8 page dramafest

klutch
08-18-2008, 12:11 AM
I forgot who said it but.. "I've had furniture that handled better than banshees"

Hondamaster5505
08-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by klutch
I forgot who said it but.. "I've had furniture that handled better than banshees"

That was wilkin250r :p

I actually like the way they feel. They feel light, very flickable, and stable. You just have to stay clear of rocks and big jumps, thats all. lol.

Maybe ill go work some more and look into a protrax frame with 250r geometry. Thats pretty costly though.

chris46250r
08-18-2008, 11:30 AM
in your freakin dreams they will, any 2 stroke proper maintenance on the top end is consider 8-10 months for a top end, you might get it to last longer but you are not putting out peak power, where as i have a 1986 hond fourtrax 250ex that was rebuilt once in 95ish and doesn't smoke,tick,clink,clank or do anything else to show that it is in need of another overhaul....granted it should have gotten a few just because of the time its been on the one it has now, but i beat on it on my mx track every once in a while with no problems

What is a 1986 250ex? Never heard of one.

Hondamaster5505
08-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
What is a 1986 250ex? Never heard of one.

lmao!

I don't know about 250ex. Maybe he meant 250x:confused:

chris46250r
08-18-2008, 11:35 AM
lmao!

I don't know about 250ex. Maybe he meant 250x:confused:

Not in 1986.

powermadd400ex
08-18-2008, 11:43 AM
250r?

extremeblastr
08-18-2008, 11:47 AM
it may not be an actual ex and i received it from my uncle in 95/96 when the rebuild was done, so it could be newer than 86, i'll try to get some pics but its a 250cc honda utility thats at least 13 yrs old lol

Quad18star
08-18-2008, 12:34 PM
If it's an '86 , it would be a TRX250 . My old man has one ... it's sitting at the cottage . It's got more miles on it than most quads ... I used to beat the hell out of it when I was a kid .... aired it out over 6 feet in the air landing on the 4 inch shocks .

It's still running on the same piston and rings since it was new. Just recently changed the brushes in the starter for the first time in 22 years. She smokes a little but still runs good. :devil:

extremeblastr
08-18-2008, 01:00 PM
and after some quick research a trx250 it is and i am amazed at the pounding these things take lol