PDA

View Full Version : Borich Tells All!!!!

TRXman86
08-16-2008, 10:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone has read this months issue of QU4D Magazine yet? If not... be sure and pick it up and read teh article about Borich. His interview has some good points in it about Ballance and the "frame" crap. Also about when he was DQ'd for supposedly cutting the course... GOOD STUFF!!!!

IOWAracer
08-16-2008, 11:07 PM
I read it and have personally talked to chris about the frame situation and i believe its BS my self the rule was never posted and i remember when RP wouldnt let yokley race the LTR because it wasnt on the show room floor but magically the rules change when #1 wants to run something no one else has....

Dont get me wrong im a Ballance fan but thats still some BS!

Broc

08-17-2008, 07:52 AM
I never new about there conflict till i was taking a crap and read that. Its some bull. but borich is still kicking ***. Hes a unbelievable rider mx to. Wow is he smooth at the track. If the rule was writing they should be announced. Like iowa racer said cause hes number 1. Gave me a bit more respect for borich

bradley300
08-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
I read it and have personally talked to chris about the frame situation and i believe its BS my self the rule was never posted and i remember when RP wouldnt let yokley race the LTR because it wasnt on the show room floor but magically the rules change when #1 wants to run something no one else has....

Dont get me wrong im a Ballance fan but thats still some BS!

Broc

the only reason yokely didnt race the LTR at every round was b/c it was 50 inches wide. not an issue at the florida race (first GNCC of the year, by the way, before LTR's were in the showroom) but he had to switch back the the LTR until Roll had narrow XC a-arms ready for it.

no conspiracy theory about that at all, I think yoke got his LTR's like a week before the FL GNCC and just didnt have enuff time to work on a-arms with Roll

08-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
the only reason yokely didnt race the LTR at every round was b/c it was 50 inches wide. not an issue at the florida race (first GNCC of the year, by the way, before LTR's were in the showroom) but he had to switch back the the LTR until Roll had narrow XC a-arms ready for it.

no conspiracy theory about that at all, I think yoke got his LTR's like a week before the FL GNCC and just didnt have enuff time to work on a-arms with Roll

correct me if im wrong but borich is on walsh a-arms. i saw him in jan at pax and he had the narrow walsh?

bradley300
08-17-2008, 06:45 PM
yeah i think borich has walsh this year, but i cant remeber. i havent payed much attention this year

my post tho was in response to IOWAracers's yokely comment which was two years ago when yokely ran for suzuki

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 07:43 PM
what he was attempting to say is that there was about 0 downtime between when walsh decided to build an xc a-arm (which he did for the first time with borich) and borich getting them, these guys aren't new to this they should be able to create a design in 2 days if need be or less seeing as they are spending there entire day on it.

coryatver
08-17-2008, 07:54 PM
your talking about walsh though they don't mess around unlike roll it probley takes them a year to develop stuff. They had borich ltr a-arms done before anyone even knew he was racing for suzuki. That was pretty much what first tipped everyone off when they posted them for sale on there website. I hope borich wins the rest of the races this year I think he is a lot better than the results he has been getting.

mxpimp2000
08-17-2008, 08:03 PM
someone fill me in here lol i dont yet have this issue of quad:D

ALAMX37
08-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Coryatver who are you trying to fool. Roll has had the same design for 10+ years and every year someone else borrows there design. Look at the JB LT Pro series arms, look familiar? How bout the king pin design? Walsh's flow a-arms, gull wing, who made the first gull wing a-arms? Roll.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:17 PM
jb is more a copy of walsh then anyone else and a walsh a-arm will outperform anything roll design has ever dreamed of making.

ALAMX37
08-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Ok, think what you want, have you personally rode either setup? I have, and Walsh is very nice, and so is Roll Design and I will leave it there.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:47 PM
i have ridden both and walsh is definitely a better setup, and a walsh p.e.p setup correctly is by far the best combination available right now, the foxs are pretty good to but just not the same.....

08-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
jb is more a copy of walsh then anyone else and a walsh a-arm will outperform anything roll design has ever dreamed of making.

Thats a bold statement. Ive been on walsh for past 4 years. but rolls just as good. Better? to some people yes.

extremeblastr
08-17-2008, 08:51 PM
i personally have never been able to bend, break, or otherwise harm a walsh product of any kind within reasonable restrictions (this means i am counting out hitting trees or anything else that i could not possibly wish to move with anything less than large truck, whereas when i was using roll design i found them somewhat simple to bend on larger jumps, granted if i'm bending a-arms i'm landing to hard but at the same time a walsh has never failed me in this situation.

54warrior
08-18-2008, 09:10 AM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245/54warrior/Selinsgrove%207_26_08/S6302682Large.jpg

IOWAracer
08-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Bradley300

Yokley commented on not getting to run the LTR in a magazine article due to it not bein in production yet....Im just quoting what i read...

Broc

bradley300
08-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
Bradley300

Yokley commented on not getting to run the LTR in a magazine article due to it not bein in production yet....Im just quoting what i read...

Broc

thats strange, i know he race it at the first round GNCC that year then switched back. surely they would have said something to him beofre the season started, but who knows

deathman53
08-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by walshyfz86
correct me if im wrong but borich is on walsh a-arms. i saw him in jan at pax and he had the narrow walsh?

Your talking about Pax track near daytona beach florida? I saw him at Hard Rock Mx in ocala florida in the beginning of january for one day. Along with Natalie and some other pro's.

j_cyrus3
08-19-2008, 05:44 PM
He should have stayed on the Honda, he would have had a championship this year if he would have. But hey, he's getting paid to race im sure he's happy.

Quad18star
08-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
He should have stayed on the Honda, he would have had a championship this year if he would have. But hey, he's getting paid to race im sure he's happy.

When all is said and done , the Old Mighty Dollar prevails.

It's what buys homes, cars and puts food on the table.

coryatver
08-19-2008, 08:28 PM
before suzuki he already had a nice home in pa and one in daytona and has a new lifted truck, a semi toter home

A championship is priceless.

54warrior
08-19-2008, 08:29 PM
I talked to the man himself about a month ago. He said he was more disappointed than anything with Honda. Slowly getting the 'Zuk worked out. There was a rep. from Japan running all kinds of different maps and stuff through it at his place in PA a few weeks before I talked to him. He's bought a house in Florida, has 5 race bikes, and handful of other stuff from Suzuki.

He seemed pretty happy with the deal overall.

Scro
08-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
before suzuki he already had a nice home in pa and one in daytona and has a new lifted truck, a semi toter home

Couldn't have said it any better.

lancems007
08-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Glad you guys liked the interview. I was pumped that he answered all the crazy questions we asked!

Flynbryan19
08-22-2008, 12:28 PM
It was a very good interview. I throughly enjoyed it.

And I'm quite certain Chris is making more money this year than he has in years past. Remember guys, this sport isn't free and even the top guys still have to pay the bills. Having a full ride like Chris has this year is whats priceless.

08-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
Your talking about Pax track near daytona beach florida? I saw him at Hard Rock Mx in ocala florida in the beginning of january for one day. Along with Natalie and some other pro's.

Yes that pax. went down to fl for a week to practice. I rode with natilie and greg gee out at hardrock to. I beleive we went out to pax on jan 22ed ish. maybe 21st not sure

reptikes
08-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by coryatver

Exactly!

Pappy
08-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by lancems007
Glad you guys liked the interview. I was pumped that he answered all the crazy questions we asked!

This event happened almost a year ago, and has been told numerous times through various sources:p Maybe if you all actually followed GNCC racing you would have read about it long ago:devil:

http://www.atvriders.com/videos/2007/gnccatv/2007gncc13chrisborich.html

Volume 4, Issue #1 - February/March 2008 (http://www.atv-insider.com/backissues.htm)

lancems007
08-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
This event happened almost a year ago, and has been told numerous times through various sources:p Maybe if you all actually followed GNCC racing you would have read about it long ago:devil:

Seems like a little bit of sour grapes to me!

Pappy
08-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by lancems007
Seems like a little bit of sour grapes to me!

Actually it was targeted to those who "lost"respect for Borich when his story was told long ago

***Edited as to not hurt anyones feelings***

prepracing
08-23-2008, 09:10 AM
ahhh...Pap, you should have let that last statement ride...! after all it is true....!

Pappy
08-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by prepracing
ahhh...Pap, you should have let that last statement ride...! after all it is true....!

naaa, no need to start trouble over a dead issue. It ticks me that people claim AFTER almost a year that they now respect Borich again after reading information that has been out 2 weeks after the alledged incident.

lancems007
08-23-2008, 11:38 AM
naaa, no need to start trouble over a dead issue. It ticks me that people claim AFTER almost a year that they now respect Borich again after reading information that has been out 2 weeks after the alledged incident.

I've actually been a friend of Borich and his family long before he was a GNCC pro, so I have known the story since the day it happened. I follow the GNCC series religiously and when I get time, try to do one now and then. So....this was a cool story for me to do.

To be honest, alot of magazine subscribers could care less about racing and never heard this story before. So, it was important for us to talk about this season, his new ride, and some of the background information that has resulted in his epic battle for a title.

extremeblastr
08-23-2008, 02:21 PM
not to much you can say to that huh?

Pappy
08-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
not to much you can say to that huh?

I was out most of the day, so to respond would have been hard.

I know who Lance is, and if he took what I stated as directed at him the wrong way then what can I say excpet it wasnt my intention. The fact is the info is outdated with regards to Ballance and the frame(circa 2007) and the "cheating" incident(circa 2007) no matter who wrote it(dont mean to step on Lances toes but thats the facts.) The sad part is it is still a hot topic for those that like to bash, just take a look at the last few live race coverage threads to affirm this.

Now, as far as the sour grapes comment, remember, you came here, I did not go to Quad to chat about the story.

And.....as a paying subscriber to Quad, I think I am free to have an opinion on the subject matter whether the author of the story agrees or not.

extremeblastr
08-23-2008, 11:49 PM
I was out most of the day, so to respond would have been hard.

I know who Lance is, and if he took what I stated as directed at him the wrong way then what can I say excpet it wasnt my intention. The fact is the info is outdated with regards to Ballance and the frame(circa 2007) and the "cheating" incident(circa 2007) no matter who wrote it(dont mean to step on Lances toes but thats the facts.) The sad part is it is still a hot topic for those that like to bash, just take a look at the last few live race coverage threads to affirm this.

Now, as far as the sour grapes comment, remember, you came here, I did not go to Quad to chat about the story.

And.....as a paying subscriber to Quad, I think I am free to have an opinion on the subject matter whether the author of the story agrees or not.

welll from the way i read it and i'm sure many others did you were stepping on his toes, you came at him very aggressively for no reason, everybody knows it happened last year and understands that but this was an opportunity to get borich's point of view after hes had time to think it over, i for one had already seen that video and known about it a long time ago but i gained a lot of respect for chris by reading this article after seeing how he reacted after having time to realize how badly he got boned by the rule, the track cutting incident was absolutely ridiculous, there was no reason he should have been directed that way(especially in the malicious manner it seems it was done) and he shouldn't have been called out on it because it was so miniscule a difference and pappy please don't threaten to ban me because i disagree with you, i'm not tryin to be a d*** just havin a discussion.

Pappy
08-24-2008, 07:45 AM
its no problem extremeblastr, just remember i have an opinion just like everyone else, but it seems i have to fully explain every word i type and frankly its getting old.

your arent being a dick? your previous posts"not to much you can say to that huh?" tells me all I need to know about your position but ofcourse im always the instigator or bad guy. its ok, my skin is tough, i stand by my opinion and backed it up with fact. there is no wrong stance on the issue, just the smell from teh dead horse being beaten.

extremeblastr
08-24-2008, 08:11 AM
that was more of a rehtorical question, aimed at no one in particular with no expected answer lol. its all good just try to ease it back a little, you seem kind of uptight on here lately.