PDA

View Full Version : rearend

MAD450r
08-16-2008, 01:14 PM
What has to be done to use a long shock in the rear on the cannondale. My friend still races his dale. I think it needs help inthe rearend badly for him to be any faster. He has nice setups on the frontend of both his racers. xc and mx. But both run elka's stock length and seem to run out of adjustment no matter what he has them setup like. He sent both rears out and had them setup for mx and still he has the same problem

My trx 04 450r has rearend issues too. I have made mine better with a rebuilt rear and new link. C-dales no link kindof makes him stuck with that shock correct ?

any help would be greatly appreciated or links to someon that may still make a swingarm for the dale I guess would be the next ?

http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/E0/73/78/iE073785D-7F37-4A1E-AFC5-955DD183C805.jpg
http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/29/55/BD/i2955BD6C-41EA-4C3C-8785-91A9AAAE098A.jpg

just playing on his blaze xc-dale :)

witech
08-17-2008, 06:52 PM
I would go back to the stock ohlins . Zps if you need to. I had elka quaddruple rate long travels on the front and a double rate rear. It was great for trail riding but like you say when it comes to adjustabilty for mx the ohlins have way more to them. They dont pack up and never fade.

Brown450R
08-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by witech
I would go back to the stock ohlins . Zps if you need to. I had elka quaddruple rate long travels on the front and a double rate rear. It was great for trail riding but like you say when it comes to adjustabilty for mx the ohlins have way more to them. They dont pack up and never fade.

I agree that the stock ohlins with zps is the way to go on the rear, but they will pack up if you don't adjust them properly, and they damn sure will fade. I just adjust it with a little more compression damping then I really want at the beginning of the moto, so that by the end it is feeling good. That oil really gets hot. Touch your resi sometime after a long hard moto. The exhaust location doesn't help much either.