PDA

View Full Version : will 05 parts fit a 08

kazza-101
08-16-2008, 10:15 AM
I am buying some parts online for my TRX450R but they only have 04-05 and i was just wondering if they will fit fit my 08.

the parts are the Advantage Performance Pro ATV Power Pack and AC engine and swing arm skid plates both 04-05.

The only reason im buying online because my honda dealer will rip me off and i will have to wait for like a month for the stuff to arrive.

Dave400ex
08-16-2008, 10:44 AM
For the three parts listed no. And I would suggest looking at other parts. Check out PRM for the engine and swingarm skids. Much better then AC.

JH Racing
08-16-2008, 05:45 PM
All the parts listed above are avai. for 06-08

08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
i dont see why everyone hates AC? i have there nerfs and couldent be happier, they fit great and look it also. i mean a skid plate is a skid plate, any brand is going to do the same as AC! why spend more $$ on a "better" brand when you can buy AC for cheeper and it look and work better than the more exspensive one? it doesnt make any sense.if i were you i would buy AC . best stuff i have ever had.:rolleyes: ;)

Dave400ex
08-17-2008, 01:15 PM
There is a big difference in skid plates. One huge difference is the mounting system. PRM has one of, if not the best mounting system. And for swingarm skids PRM just holds up better then AC, period.

08-17-2008, 01:36 PM
I have 2 PRM products and I must say they are very strong and nicely designed. If I had to get skids again I would get PRM. Mine have been bashed onto rocks and stumps still nothing but a few scratches. I've hit a stump so hard with the swingarm skid plate before I stopped and looked behind thinking my skidplate ripped off I looked underneath and there were no signs on the skidplate that I just banged it off a stump lol