PDA

View Full Version : ATV vs UTV

lollydog04
08-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Well you see i currently own a Raptor 350 2008 (very sporty) about the same top speed as a rzr. i love my quad but i am thinking of trading it in for a rzr i can't afford one without selling my raptor . So i would really be so thankful for some advise on how you feel about you'r rzr compered to an ATV. If i buy the rzr will it be a vehicle that will carry me around or will i have a the power in a rzr to to pull it around into powerslides or drift's like i can with my raptor?How does it corner? does it take skill to take the rzr down smooth trail's at high speeds? and do i need to keep on the gas to blast uphill's ? and the most important question of all how sporty is it will it feel as sporty as my quad and will the rzr be like driving a sport's car off road?

i will be very greatful for you'r opinion:)

cjkranz
08-15-2008, 07:02 PM
If you are currently riding a Raptor 350 then a RZR will feel like a porche.. I do most everything with my side by side that I do with my Raptor 700 and YFZ 450...

troybilt
08-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by lollydog04
Well you see i currently own a Raptor 350 2008 (very sporty) about the same top speed as a rzr. i love my quad but i am thinking of trading it in for a rzr i can't afford one without selling my raptor . So i would really be so thankful for some advise on how you feel about you'r rzr compered to an ATV. If i buy the rzr will it be a vehicle that will carry me around or will i have a the power in a rzr to to pull it around into powerslides or drift's like i can with my raptor?How does it corner? does it take skill to take the rzr down smooth trail's at high speeds? and do i need to keep on the gas to blast uphill's ? and the most important question of all how sporty is it will it feel as sporty as my quad and will the rzr be like driving a sport's car off road?

i will be very greatful for you'r opinion:)

I own a 250R and a RZR, and the RZR will definitely put a smile on your face. It has lots of power and seat of the pants feel. One thing you won't be able to do is wheelies. So if you love wheely-ing, then stick with the quad. But you can fly through trails amazingly fast and they jump great. I'd look into aftermark wheels and/or spacers if you can't afford long travel suspension. This helps with the cornering, they are a bit tippy stock, at least in the dunes for me. I've taken mine thru some wild jeep trails in Colorado and a week later was flying thru the dunes in Oklahoma.