PDA

View Full Version : Nerf bar installation help

redroost85
12-06-2002, 07:18 PM
I am trying to put the DG alloy nerfs on a 250ex and am curious how the webbing goes. There are three holes for each strap. What is the configuration? i.e. In the top, straight through the bottom, back through the middle? Heck, I have tried about ten different ways. I am sure that it is simple as heck, but I am buzzing on the kerosene fumes in the garage! Any help would be appreciated!:(

4TraxRider
12-06-2002, 08:31 PM
set the nerfs like they are going to be on the quad.Put the web throught the top first, then out the second, then in the third. I used a pen to push my webbing through and it took about a half hour each. Oh yeah, make sure you put the webbing ont he right side of the nerf. It realy pisses you off when you gotta do it 4 times.

Sparks425Ex
12-06-2002, 09:16 PM
Do a search. I asked the same question when I got mine. I remember somone drawing a picture in paint on how it goes.

TravEX
12-06-2002, 09:28 PM
hehe,,,it took me several tiimes to get it right, i bet i spent 2 hrs with it,,,

redroost85
12-07-2002, 08:11 AM
4trax, do you mean bolt up the bars first then put the webbing in? Also, when you say put the webbing on the right side of the nerf, do you mean putting the stitches facing down or something. Just clarify, I think I know what you're saying. Don't worry I am already pissed off that this is taking so dang long!;) You have been a big help, thanks guys!

4TraxRider
12-08-2002, 08:36 AM
sry bout that, make sure your putting the webbing on the nerf right side up. If you put them on upside down u gotta start all over again. I did mine off the while i was watchin tv. It made the time go by faster.