PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Forester S question

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 07:39 PM
hey.

My mom has a 2002 Subaru Forester S. The one with the limited slip rear and such.

It only has the 170 HP 4-cylinder. The thing is, I think it's so god dang slow for what it is. It's fairly light, and has the 5-speed manual and feels slower than dog dirt.

We rented a altima 2.5S a while back, which is also 170hp, and it would just smoke the scoob. It wasnt even competetion.

Now, I think the catylitic may be clogged up some, because it starts to whistle real loud around 3,800 RPM.

Now, are these cars really that slow, or do you think the cat is real clogged and reducing the hp some.

Im not expecting it to be a sports car, but jeez.

08-14-2008, 10:23 PM
is it possible at the time the car was loaded down?

any overwieght objects in the vehicle will hinder its performance, it can turn a cheetah into a dog real quick

08-14-2008, 10:48 PM
haha, who are you?:confused:

Kickstarts-suck
08-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by hondarider661
haha, who are you?:confused:

:huh

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Black Top Bully

any overwieght objects in the vehicle will hinder its performance, it can turn a cheetah into a dog real quick

dude this guy is my idol lmao you should see some of his other work.

Rip_Tear
08-15-2008, 02:24 PM
it'd partly do to the fact that your scoob is turning 4 wheels, it's not as light as the altima. Scoob's trannys are not meant for pick up, they are tall gears and meant to be slowly rev'd out. The exhaust on the scoob is also probably very restrictive.

08-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Black Top Bully

hahaha