PDA

View Full Version : Had A 400EX stolen last night

mxracer111
12-06-2002, 07:12 PM
A close friend of mine had his 400ex stolen this morning. 12/6/02 around 4:30 am. they stole his Gold 2002 Toyota Tacoma that had his red 99 400ex locked in the back. i know its a longshot but keep your eyes open for us. the VIN# 478TE2306XA003794. it is a 99 Red 400ex. sorry i have no pictures that i can post but it has a chrome DG exhaust, Ac propegs, red renthal bars, RTC levers, beadlocks on the back. new read plastic with a black HONDA seat, shaved and beat up front fenders. thanks guys. email me if you have any info. mxracer111@aol.com

DantheEXman
12-06-2002, 07:21 PM
Thats terrible.. I feel sory fo him because i dotn even what to think about twhat it would feel like to get a truck and quad stolen form me. Let us know how it turns out

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-06-2002, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear about that man :(

OutlawEX
12-06-2002, 07:24 PM
Jeus christ this is the second quad i heard about in the past week of getting stolen

stupid driver
12-06-2002, 08:23 PM
that really sucks man. If i were ur friend, i'd take a 12 gauge, and go hunt the creeps down myself. :devil

Woodsrider
12-06-2002, 08:43 PM
That sucks, but why in Gods name would you keep your quad locked in the back of the "perfect getaway rig". and not have it locked in the garage?

Sparks425Ex
12-06-2002, 09:08 PM
I hope he has insurance.

Did he report it to the police? Whoever it was i bet they have been planning it. People just don;t get up one day and start looking for a Truck and 400Ex to steal.

Sorry about it anyway. Tell him to claim it on insurance and remember that the 400Ex had a full Sparks motor. Everything was chromed and Pced. Trick to the Bone.

LMAO. THat would be sweet.

ridesa02400EX
12-06-2002, 10:52 PM
i hate to hear that man that sucks if i just figured out that mine could have easily been stolen the other day i was walking home from the bus stop when i heard a loud dirtbike or quad and my friend has a really loud dirtbike it sounds just like my quad so then I see my quad coming down the hill and my friend is on it laughing cause i had the keys with me he figured out how to get it started without the key(he told me how to but i wont tell anyone else) so now i keep it under a big @$$ chain and lock

MichaelS693
12-07-2002, 12:51 PM
that extremely sucks...i mean they stole his truck i would be pissd.....BUT A QUAD!!!!!! HUNT THEM DOWN!!!:D :D

Ryan
12-07-2002, 02:26 PM
More quads get stolen every week. Keep them locked up as tight as you can.

2fastandfurious
12-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Just got my state farm insurance. Sure glad I did. I just told them how much it was worth with all the mods. I asked what would happen if i tottaled it. They said they would jsut write off a check for how much its worth. So keep that in mind when you go get yours. Its about 150-200 a year. With all the theft going on you really need it. I had a lt180 stolen a few months back. D a m shame!
-Ben :(

12-07-2002, 04:14 PM
sorry to hear that man:(

ridinthedunes
12-07-2002, 06:32 PM
I think you have to wait till they find the quad to make an
insurance claim though.
R/T

2fastandfurious
12-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Well think about that. Why would you make a claim if you found it? Thats what theft is. (when you CANT find it!) I mean ya, anybody can lie but it doesnt make it fair and right.
-Ben

Dave400ex
12-07-2002, 07:14 PM
Yeah we are going to start locking our's up. There has been a few accidents around here and we don't need to have them get stolen. Most guys have it all planned and wait for you to leave and then take them.

RIDER11X
12-07-2002, 07:20 PM
THAT'S TERRIBLE!!! POST SOME PICS SOON-ALSO ON OTHER FORUMS- SOMEONE MIGHT RIDE IT SOMEWHERE AND BE SEEN, OR TRY TO SELL CERTAIN TELL TALE PARTS.

ridinthedunes
12-07-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by 2fastandfurious
Well think about that. Why would you make a claim if you found it? Thats what theft is. (when you CANT find it!) I mean ya, anybody can lie but it doesnt make it fair and right.
-Ben

Well think a bout it. You would want to make a claim if
you found it destoyed....wouldn't you?
R/T

2fastandfurious
12-07-2002, 09:21 PM
right but do you think that someone who stole a quad would destory it? I have heard that they sand off the serial numbers and pay 200 to swap the plastic. Then it looks like a whole different quad.
-Ben
When ever I see I LT180 I wonder. But the sad thing is I'm pretty sure its someone I know who heard through the grape vine that I was going out of town. I usally keeo my quad at lukes in his attached garage. He doesnt go out of town much and i let him ride it a lil' for storing it.

ridinthedunes
12-07-2002, 09:35 PM
Yes, I think someone ( a dirty thief!) would trash a bike
they stole, I think a lot of stolen vehicles are just taken
by kids that want to go on a joy ride.
I think that would be better than having to wait and see
if they find it.
R/T

Chef
12-07-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by 2fastandfurious
Just got my state farm insurance. Sure glad I did. I just told them how much it was worth with all the mods. I asked what would happen if i tottaled it. They said they would jsut write off a check for how much its worth. So keep that in mind when you go get yours. Its about 150-200 a year. With all the theft going on you really need it. I had a lt180 stolen a few months back. D a m shame!
-Ben :(

So if I were to get state farm on my EX, for example, they would write me a check for $19g's if it were stolen? wow :eek:

My 400 was almost stolen today I think. I rode it up the driveway to get my golfcart real fast, and just left it in the yard in plain view of the road. A big white van drove by, and then I think it must have went back by right after that. Well, probably like half an hour after that, I took the golf cart back up to get the 400, and I came back down to my house for a while, then in like 25-30 minutes I went back up to get the mail and that same white van was sitting in my driveway. When I got about halfway up the driveway, like 200 yds away from them, they backed up real quick and drove off. I think it was a close call, but I dont know.

BlazingYamahaYz
12-07-2002, 09:49 PM
that sux man.....i keep my bike in my attached garage...my moms car is in there too....if someone tried to steal it, the would have one **** of a time trying to start it(my bike has some hard starting the first ride of the day...after it warms up, it starts 1-2kicks) and if they got it started, it would wake up every single freaking person in Millbrook....my bike can be heard from 1+miles away......

outlaw319
12-09-2002, 11:24 PM
A couple of years ago my 95 300ex was stolen! The bad part was i just missed em by 15minutes, i fell asleep watching movies....late night! I received a phone call around 5:15 A.M.
A neighbor heard the dogs barking and a loud vehical (my quad) start up down the road, they thought someone was out trying to steal gas. I got up and looked in my truck and my quad was gone (what a nice feeling to wake up to). I just brought it home late that night from my shop after installing new carrier in it. So I got in my truck and went hunting! I followed the tracks for about 2 miles into town, then i seen the police at a local motocycle shop.
So then i was thinking they found my quad and thought someone broke into that shop, but I was wrong.....they found my quad BUT it was struck by a full size Ford van after the theives attempted to cross the highway! The passanger died and the driver came out with internal bleedings and a badly mangled arm! The bad part was I had no insurance, and I got stuck with the towing bill:grr P.S. Here is a pic of the quad after hit by van at around 65 m.p.h...........Honda tough!

OutlawEX
12-10-2002, 02:17 PM
Lmfao,at least all the parts are still there:D

iceman2488x
12-10-2002, 02:39 PM
one of my friends had his rancher loaded onto the trailer in his driveway, his father was going to take it to the honda shop the next morning on his way to work...well, over night the quad and trailer were unhooked from his dad's truck and the criminals stole them both!!!...he was really pissed off, since then he has got a new 2002 rancher es, just like his old one. He should have watched out but being in a small town he didnt think anyone would do it.

iceman2488x
12-10-2002, 02:45 PM
another one of my friends had his quad in his shed...and his dad's car was parked in front of the shed door...well they moved the car and then got in the shed and drove off with his 4wheeler, that was when their was these people around that stole quads and dirtbikes and would just ride them through the woods until they ran out of gas...that really was dumb on their part.

4Wheels
12-10-2002, 02:53 PM
I have had my balster 2001 stolen but luckily , it was recovered in new york city. 2 puerto ricans were founds riding it around the streets of new york city the riped the ignition out and hot wired it. I picked it up next.......sorry to hear about your friends quad hopefully he will recover it.
JZ:macho

2fastandfurious
12-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Yep I have insurance on my 250x! Its great. I live in a small town too. You gotta keep these things locked down! LOL! Well. Needless to say unless your on a hill most people can't start mine casue of the hp pistion. My brother will show you scars.
LOL!
-Ben

danney f
12-10-2002, 05:26 PM
Anymore the quads are taken apart piece by piece and sold through places like ebay. They could make enough money off parting out a quad or two, to just about buy a brand new one. Thats why just about every part of my quad has my name engraved on it. The trick is to engrave on a place that is hard to see that way the theifs dont notice it and grind it off.

shelbygt350
12-11-2002, 07:43 PM
my buddies 2002 400 was boosted last night, right out of his garage! The police are hot on the trail because my friend has been trying to sell it with no luck and then out of the blue someone calls to see it and then its stolen 12 hours later HMMMMMMM. Blocked numbers are always traceable with the proper paperwork

fwm416ex
12-16-2002, 04:28 PM
sorry to hear that ,I also had a prize wheeler ripped off and it just makes me want rip that S.O.B. head off.the guy that took it better watch his back.hope you have some insurance on the bike. keep that new one locked up real tight and out of sight when your not roosting with it

DaveEX7
12-16-2002, 05:09 PM
i gotta question.... who are the people that knew u were comin home that nite with the quad??? and why leave the quad in a truck which is the best way to steal a bike next to drivin it away??

go outside and listen, mabe ul hear it sometime, and if u do follow the sound to the source.... i live in PA also and we got bike stealers stealin quads like their goin outta style, i live only a hour from downington... il keep my eyes open

Big Gun "Race" System
WB Powerfilter
DynoJet Jet Kit Stage 2
Bandit Front & Rear Tires
Travis Spader Tag Bars
WB Nerfs
WB Front Bumper

Upcoming Mods: Carb, Piston, & Plastic