PDA

View Full Version : Mustang or Tiburon?

jesseweaver
08-14-2008, 05:10 PM
having trouble deciding between these 2 but leaning toward the stang. any input?

2003 Mustang- charcoal grey 3.8 v6 55k miles new tires, good condition 5 speed blue book value- 6900

2004 Tiburon- red 2.7 v6 64000 miles 5 speed excellent condition blue book value- 8800

stang is $6,795
tiburon is $6,800

mustang- rwd:) domestic:) more aftermarket parts:) bigger engine:) more expensive insurance:( worse gas milage:( not as good of a deal:(

tiburon fwd:( good deal:) foreign:(

although gas mileage isnt a big deal at all cause i drive a ninja 250 most of the time (60mpg)

i think im leaning toward the mustang and going to look at it later tonight, any things to watch out for on those cars? btw im 16 paying for it all myself, gotta loan about $1000 from my parents if i still want to get a bike.

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 05:22 PM
mustang all the way, tiburon's are a little girly just my opinion.

jesseweaver
08-14-2008, 05:27 PM
yea i like the mustang better too i think, just surprised me that the tiburons blue book value was so much higher

any problems with 03 stangs i should know about?

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 05:32 PM
not that i know of. are you buying these off the street or from a dealer?

ZeroLogic
08-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver

mustang- rwd:) domestic:) more aftermarket parts:) bigger engine:) more expensive insurance:( worse gas milage:( not as good of a deal:(

tiburon fwd:( good deal:) foreign:(

Reread that. I think that should make your decision.

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 06:42 PM
The tiburons are actually fairly quick. I like them.

Yeah, they may be FWD, but I would imagine it's faster than the mustang. It's designed to be sporty. A V6 mustang is like a V6 corvette. Theres no point. I wouldn't buy a mustang unless it's a GT.

Mustang
150@4000 HP
215@2750 Torque
0-60 average 9.9 seconds
1/4 Mile average 16.8 seconds

Tiburon
172@6000 HP
181@4000 Torque
0-60 average 7.7 seconds
1/4 Mile average 15.8 seconds

I don't know, but if it were up to me I would be getting the tiburon. Good handling and much sportier, unless you get the GT mustang.

trxwannbe
08-14-2008, 06:43 PM
haha i know i'm gonna get bashed for typing this but the tiburon is the faster car stock and slightly modded and with the better gas mileage would be the better buy for you

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
haha i know i'm gonna get bashed for typing this but the tiburon is the faster car stock and slightly modded and with the better gas mileage would be the better buy for you

Don't worry, your not alone. haha. V6 mustangs are gay, IMHO. The GT's are cool.

Tiburon all the way.

mineralgrey01gt
08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
plan on modding it much? If so id go with the mustang, just not long ago in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords they had a 10sec TT v6 on there. Pretty sick IMO. Id rock it for sure. The tiburon's are just "feminine" to me lol, sorry but no way id rock one

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Ok the tiburons arent gay?? Honestly i dont like the fords that much except the kind i have but i would take a Ford over a hyundai anyday. And probably a sonata over a tiburon if i went hyundai because like i said they are girly IMO! As for you guys with the GT's are cool HAHAHA Mineral no offense i imagine you have one but if your going to go that route go all the way and go COBRA like me!!!!

08-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Master LTR450
mustang all the way, tiburon's are a little girly just my opinion.

lol and mustangs arent? most mustangs look girly to me

jesseweaver
08-14-2008, 07:03 PM
those numbers change things a little. i figured the stang would have more power with the bigger engine. i plan on modding it a little but mostly cosmetic stuff not much performance wise. now im stuck, i figured the mustang would have a little more power:ermm: i would get a v8 but insurance will get me pretty bad:ermm: i think i would go with the tiburon a lot quicker if it was a RWD

and on the topic of cars how far behind are the 1.8 4 cylinders and stuff compared to those 2 cars

trxwannbe
08-14-2008, 07:05 PM
haha i saw the musting that mineral is talking about in the mag and if you were to put the same mods on the tiburon you'd be runnin 10s no problem maybe low 10s if you take enough weight off the car

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Damn, a lot a Hyundai haters on here, eh?

I really don't see how the tiburon is girly. That's hyundai's sports car. Girly is the sonata, elantra, etc.

I don't know about you, but a 5-speed 2.7 liter v6 that will take a v6 mustang in a drag and outhandle it in the corners is anything BUT girly, unless that must be some hot chick that can drive.

Seriously, im using cold hard facts. Im not coming in here saying this one is better because it's a certain brand.

If you have that many issues and feel you need a mustang to make you feel manly, then go ahead. But me, ill take the hyundai in this situation.

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 07:10 PM
those numbers change things a little. i figured the stang would have more power with the bigger engine. i plan on modding it a little but mostly cosmetic stuff not much performance wise. now im stuck, i figured the mustang would have a little more power:ermm: i would get a v8 but insurance will get me pretty bad:ermm: i think i would go with the tiburon a lot quicker if it was a RWD

and on the topic of cars how far behind are the 1.8 4 cylinders and stuff compared to those 2 cars

the 1.8 in the tib would be slow. Trust me, go with the 2.7. You won't be disapointed.

Im one of those guys, who would pull up to a mustang, race them, and lmao when they loose to a hyundai. I mean, come on, that must be embarrasing for them

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 07:15 PM
2004 tib with a 13psi boost turbo and nos, thats it, running 12.53
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2C-4ztU7SW8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2C-4ztU7SW8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jesseweaver
08-14-2008, 07:18 PM
what about other 4 bangers? would the stang be faster than civics and golfs and stuff cause thats what everyone around heres got. what about faster than my friends 06 A4 1.8t? or faster than the cobalts, theres a lot of them around here and how would it compare to a supercharged cobalt ss? how much money do you have to put in a mustang like that to make it say 300+ horse?

mineralgrey01gt
08-14-2008, 07:19 PM

the best bet you can do is drive each one and see for yourself which one you will enjoy more.

Also any car can be made to haul *** with any amount of money, but IMO rwd is so much funner than fwd (ive owned both but my mustang GT has been the most pleasurable car ive had yet), plus ive had bad luck with fwd cars, they hydroplane easy and at least with a rwd car you can still maintain control somewhat, but a fwd car, once the front wheels go up thats all she wrote....

mineralgrey01gt
08-14-2008, 07:23 PM
what about other 4 bangers? would the stang be faster than civics and golfs and stuff cause thats what everyone around heres got. what about faster than my friends 06 A4 1.8t? or faster than the cobalts, theres a lot of them around here and how would it compare to a supercharged cobalt ss? how much money do you have to put in a mustang like that to make it say 300+ horse?

a cobalt ss will smoke both of those cars and bad, the mustang you could get some spray put on it for a good price. I have $150 into my nitrous kit and id like it to see 12.50's shortly but im not sure that will happen, but high 12's is there for sure. Its running 13.50's right now with a few bolt on's.

what size shot is that tiburon spraying? Sorry but on 13lbs of boost and spray, only 12.53? Sorry, thats pathetic, even for a 4 cyl

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 07:24 PM
jesse how much are you looking to spend?? if you have some money to play with and want to get a 4 banger go get yourself a Evo or WRX!!

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Did you ever consider the rx7?

You can find a mid-late 80's one in the 3G range. Nothing like a 1.3 rotary that'll blow the doors off other cars.

The fiero v6 was a fast car, but had overheating issues.

Oh, heres a supercharged tiburon smoking a wrx.. and we all know how fast wrx's are.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPFuMjqL72s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPFuMjqL72s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mineralgrey01gt
08-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
2004 tib with a 13psi boost turbo and nos, thats it, running 12.53
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2C-4ztU7SW8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2C-4ztU7SW8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

man cmon now, lol just turbo and nitrous? Yeah right lol. Slicks took off a good bit of et, it has full exhaust, we dont know if its a full weight car or not, just a lot of factors go into things like that. I could gut my car out and run 12.90's right now if I felt like it, with no problem, but im not going to do that

mineralgrey01gt
08-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Did you ever consider the rx7?

You can find a mid-late 80's one in the 3G range. Nothing like a 1.3 rotary that'll blow the doors off other cars.

The fiero v6 was a fast car, but had overheating issues.

Oh, heres a supercharged tiburon smoking a wrx.. and we all know how fast wrx's are.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPFuMjqL72s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPFuMjqL72s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i have to agree with you on the rx7's they can be fast but rotary's can be a pain if they start to break.

A WRX is not fast... a WRX STI is fast and that was no STI for sure

What do you consider a fast car? Maybe my definiton and yours are different?

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 07:31 PM
yeah both of them youtube post dont meen nothing!! you dont really know whats done to those car and the second one doesnt really mean nothing anyone can film a wrx behind there car and say they are spanking them.

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
i have to agree with you on the rx7's they can be fast but rotary's can be a pain if they start to break.

A WRX is not fast... a WRX STI is fast and that was no STI for sure

What do you consider a fast car? Maybe my definiton and yours are different?

Me? I consider a fast car a corvette zr1 or buick GS 455.

But, in the real world, young adults cant afford those cars. So I consider them fast for what they are and how cheap.

Anything beats a civic, i f'ing hate them.

And the rotarys are just awesome, but they hate the cold weather and older ones didn;t last very long because they couldn;t make good enough rings on the rotor to hold up long term. I believe in the late 80's they got better.

416exfreak
08-14-2008, 07:34 PM
The tiburons are actually fairly quick. I like them.

Yeah, they may be FWD, but I would imagine it's faster than the mustang. It's designed to be sporty. A V6 mustang is like a V6 corvette. Theres no point. I wouldn't buy a mustang unless it's a GT.

Mustang
150@4000 HP
215@2750 Torque
0-60 average 9.9 seconds
1/4 Mile average 16.8 seconds

Tiburon
172@6000 HP
181@4000 Torque
0-60 average 7.7 seconds
1/4 Mile average 15.8 seconds

I don't know, but if it were up to me I would be getting the tiburon. Good handling and much sportier, unless you get the GT mustang.

Where did those numbers come from?

mineralgrey01gt
08-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Me? I consider a fast car a corvette zr1 or buick GS 455.

But, in the real world, young adults cant afford those cars. So I consider them fast for what they are and how cheap.

Anything beats a civic, i f'ing hate them.

And the rotarys are just awesome, but they hate the cold weather and older ones didn;t last very long because they couldn;t make good enough rings on the rotor to hold up long term. I believe in the late 80's they got better.

i agree 100% with everything your saying. That ZR1 is sick. Id like a grand national but this isnt about me lol

Yes civics are just retarded IMO, they are the most rediculous cars ive ever seen. Id take one but strictly for DD purposes so I could park my car and keep miles off of it.

My mom used to own a RX8, biggest POS ive ever seen or driven. That motor was junk in that car, but ive seen plenty of RX7's wear that *** out with those turbo rotary's

Master LTR450
Mustang Numbers look more like this

193 hp @ 5500 rpm
225 ft @2800 rpm

AGAIN GO MUSTANG

Hondamaster5505
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Where did those numbers come from?

consumerguide auto, MSN autos, mustangforum.com, and drag times something or other.

08-14-2008, 07:42 PM
a very surprising car is the civic si or srt4. srt4 are under estimated i've been well past 100mph in a stock one top speed btw on it was 153mph it would want to go anymore. Civic si are pretty quick aswell but not as fast of course because they are not turbo. If you dont want either of those get the tiburon, the newer styled look pretty good. The older style man that car was made by dragging it through the ugly forrest for years lol how the back end went down instead of more flat lol

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 07:42 PM
msn autos have the numbers i just posted?? looks like the stang has better numbers. now whos driving the manly car?

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=2003&make=Ford&model=Mustang&trimid=-1

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 07:43 PM
i agree 100% with everything your saying. That ZR1 is sick. Id like a grand national but this isnt about me lol

Yes civics are just retarded IMO, they are the most rediculous cars ive ever seen. Id take one but strictly for DD purposes so I could park my car and keep miles off of it.

My mom used to own a RX8, biggest POS ive ever seen or driven. That motor was junk in that car, but ive seen plenty of RX7's wear that *** out with those turbo rotary's

OMG, don;t get me started on grand nationals. I love those freakin cars. They were killing corvettes when they came out. Plus they are such a cool sleeper look.

Civics are good for commuting and stuff, but I hate those teenages that put an exhaust and spoiler on them and think they're fast as hell. They drive them like an a-hole. My dads 92 bonneville SE would smoke that POS.

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
a very surprising car is the civic si or srt4. srt4 are under estimated i've been well past 100mph in a stock one top speed btw on it was 153mph it would want to go anymore. Civic si are pretty quick aswell but not as fast of course because they are not turbo. If you dont want either of those get the tiburon, the newer styled look pretty good. The older style man that car was made by dragging it through the ugly forrest for years lol how the back end went down instead of more flat lol

My dads 92 bonnevile base v6 can go over 125mph or better. Whats your point, lol.

Seriously though the SRT4 with the ARC racing package is real hot.

mineralgrey01gt
08-14-2008, 07:45 PM
OMG, don;t get me started on grand nationals. I love those freakin cars. They were killing corvettes when they came out. Plus they are such a cool sleeper look.

Civics are good for commuting and stuff, but I hate those teenages that put an exhaust and spoiler on them and think they're fast as hell. They drive them like an a-hole. My dads 92 bonneville SE would smoke that POS.

ricers are rediculous about trying to get me to race them, i dont waste my gas 1/2 the time.

Im waiting for my buddy to get back from Iraq so I can beat him in his civic SI. He said he dumped $15,000 into it and is looking to run low 13's. LOL for $1500 ill be running 12's so im pretty happy :D

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 07:46 PM
msn autos have the numbers i just posted?? looks like the stang has better numbers. now whos driving the manly car?

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=2003&make=Ford&model=Mustang&trimid=-1

ahh:o

One thing for you to learn, theres a lot more too it then horsepower and torque. The tiburon is also lighter and handles better, and there are much more contributing factors to that.

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 07:48 PM
i know there is more then hp and torque but state your facts right and i would disagree on the tib handling better yes it probably is lighter.

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 07:48 PM
ricers are rediculous about trying to get me to race them, i dont waste my gas 1/2 the time.

Im waiting for my buddy to get back from Iraq so I can beat him in his civic SI. He said he dumped $15,000 into it and is looking to run low 13's. LOL for $1500 ill be running 12's so im pretty happy :D

haha.

When me and my dad made a run to jersey, we were in the ol bonneville.

A couple mexicans pulled in the lane next to us and kept trying to race us. They were in a camry, lol. Next thing we know, we here them punch it, and we're still at about 3/4 throttle barely straining. We were pretending we werent racing. At about 80mph, we just punched it and pulled away from them so fast it was rediculous.

jesseweaver
08-14-2008, 07:49 PM
jesse how much are you looking to spend?? if you have some money to play with and want to get a 4 banger go get yourself a Evo or WRX!!

looking to spend 6-10g. WRX wouldnt work cause id be too tempted to turn it into a rally car (something ive always dreamed of having)

dont really want a RX7, i was looking to get a 2000 and up car, something kind of newer. i dont want a race car thats for pure speed, i want a nice daily driver (when im not on the ninja) but something that will still beat a lot of cokcy kids in their ricers

mineralgrey01gt
08-14-2008, 07:50 PM
i know there is more then hp and torque but state your facts right and i would disagree on the tib handling better yes it probably is lighter.

i have to agree, with the suspension kits they have out now for mustangs, its easy to get it to handle on rails for a good price. Not sure about the tiburon though.

Like i said to the OP, just go out and drive both, find out what really suits you.

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 07:52 PM
looking to spend 6-10g. WRX wouldnt work cause id be too tempted to turn it into a rally car (something ive always dreamed of having)

dont really want a RX7, i was looking to get a 2000 and up car, something kind of newer. i dont want a race car thats for pure speed, i want a nice daily driver (when im not on the ninja) but something that will still beat a lot of cokcy kids in their ricers

and masterLTR those numbers are what i wanted to see:macho where are they from? and thats not the GT is it?

You know, the late 90's bonneville's were nice cars.

The SSEi was fairly quick and you can bump up the boost with a smaller pulley. They were rather comfortable and roomy, and the suspension wasnt horrible.

mineralgrey01gt
08-14-2008, 07:53 PM

and masterLTR those numbers are what i wanted to see:macho where are they from? and thats not the GT is it?

definitely not the GT, my GT with just tuner, pulleys, and exhaust puts down around 250rwhp, so about 275hp at the crank or maybe a little more. Its the v6 numbers. How old are you and how much is your insurance now? My insurance at 19 on my 2001 mustang GT was $295 a month. I know for a fact you can get one of those in your price range, or hell even a 97/98 cobra for that price.

jesseweaver
08-14-2008, 07:58 PM
definitely not the GT, my GT with just tuner, pulleys, and exhaust puts down around 250rwhp, so about 275hp at the crank or maybe a little more. Its the v6 numbers. How old are you and how much is your insurance now? My insurance at 19 on my 2001 mustang GT was $295 a month. I know for a fact you can get one of those in your price range, or hell even a 97/98 cobra for that price.

im 16 this is my first car. insurance would be like 1800 a year, pretty cheap. i was looking at other stuff too, an 05 cobalt would be like 1400. a v8 mustang was a lot more i forget exactly though. is there any 2000 and up v8s out there for around 8-10 grand?

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 08:00 PM
HAHAHA Hey Honda do your research the tib is lighter you are right by a whole 100 pounds so i believe that the extra hp the stang has will get that 100 pounds around and like mineral said plenty of suspension mods for the mustang fairly cheap so whats your story now?

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 08:03 PM
HAHAHA Hey Honda do your research the tib is lighter you are right by a whole 100 pounds so i believe that the extra hp the stang has will get that 100 pounds around and like mineral said plenty of suspension mods for the mustang fairly cheap so whats your story now?

My story is 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times don't lie:D

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 08:09 PM
where do you get your info i wanna see proof?? everything i see is the mustang has a better 0-60 and 1/4 mile :macho

jesseweaver
08-14-2008, 08:09 PM
the more i think about it and look around, the more im thinking about looking at v8s:ermm: im going to look at that 03 tomorrow night. i think id be happy with that though. i dont want a REALLY fast car, id rather have a really nice looking (and sounding) car thats really clean and sticks out. i think before putting money into engine id do other stuff. i just dont want to be getting beat by the eclipses and civics and golfs and stuff

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey Jesse go with the mustang its an all around better car it has more hp, more torque, better 0-60, and 1/4 mile. but all that means nothing its all what you like bud. You asked for some opinions and i gave you mine. The mustang is a better looking car then the tiburon because like i said IMO the tiburon is rather girly.

trxwannbe
08-14-2008, 08:17 PM
where do you get your info i wanna see proof?? everything i see is the mustang has a better 0-60 and 1/4 mile :macho

yet another import hater. get over the fact that the foreign autos are starting to take over the pro street market. with the right car mods are cheap and it will make any V-6 mustang look silly. like buying a 240sx shell for like 800 off of craigslist or some other site like it and then throwing in a red top SR20-DET and a suspension and and you'll still be under 7gs and if the car is gutted and tuned right you should be gettin real close to the 9s if not breaking into them on occasion. do you know what it would take to get a mustang there as far as parts you would have to get rid of to save weight and the parts you would need to get it up to that speed. never mind the fact that the nissan would still be over 20mpg

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Not an import hater at all there buddy as a matter of fact im thinking of buying an import myself so dont speak for me as if you know what im thinking. I am just stating the proper facts. The mustang has better numbers than the tiburon up and down the board. Whether you wanna beleive it or not. Come see me in a year or so and we will race our foreign cars how does that sound??

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 08:24 PM
As a matter of fact your in CT i will come to you. do you have any tracks around you?

08-14-2008, 08:25 PM
s2k 2jz oh so sexy! how many go carts have you seen with 950hp? lol the honda s2000 basically is like a gocart super light and small and then this place on the east cost built a 30psi or so 2jz (toyota supra) motor and put it in it. but import haters need to face facts that america does not have the best cars anymore. I much rather have a civic si, or srt4 than a mustang. I drove a mustang GT last week and I wasnt that impressed. It went but it wasnt like throw you into the seat fast

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Thats because if your going to buy an american car thats going to throw you in your seat you have to spend the money. Go find yourself an 03-04 cobra and take it for a spin. Its not called the terminator for nothing.

Hey TRXwannabe I was thinking something like this what do you think??? http://www.supratraderonline.com/supras/listings/l0085.html

Flyin_250r
08-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Tibs are gay and chicks car

Same with a v6 mustang. if your thinking mustang, dont be a fool by getting the v6. A properly tuned v8 will get better mileage than someone just throwing bolt ons on the v6

Get the v8 and build it properly and itll last you a long time. Wont get the great gas mileage of an import but its all what you want. You cant have everything.

You throw high hp into an import and there goes your gas mileage and your reliability.

Oh and to you civic haters. Trust me, theres alot of civics out there thatll smoke most v8s. Ive seen a viper, vette, chevelle, nova, mustang all get their asses handed to them, believe me.

You never know what people have done to their cars. And it all comes down to personal preference.....

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 08:38 PM
s2k 2jz oh so sexy! how many go carts have you seen with 950hp? lol the honda s2000 basically is like a gocart super light and small and then this place on the east cost built a 30psi or so 2jz (toyota supra) motor and put it in it. but import haters need to face facts that america does not have the best cars anymore. I much rather have a civic si, or srt4 than a mustang. I drove a mustang GT last week and I wasnt that impressed. It went but it wasnt like throw you into the seat fast

Damn, I forgot about them. I love s2000's. My dad's machine shop has an import preformance shop next to it, and I used to go look at the cars all the time. They had this sweet s2k. Their average civic they built was around 450hp. They really know their crap, but don;t know how to run a business so they're shutting down.

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Flyin_250r
Tibs are gay and chicks car

Same with a v6 mustang. if your thinking mustang, dont be a fool by getting the v6. A properly tuned v8 will get better mileage than someone just throwing bolt ons on the v6

Get the v8 and build it properly and itll last you a long time. Wont get the great gas mileage of an import but its all what you want. You cant have everything.

You throw high hp into an import and there goes your gas mileage and your reliability.

Oh and to you civic haters. Trust me, theres alot of civics out there thatll smoke most v8s. Ive seen a viper, vette, chevelle, nova, mustang all get their asses handed to them, believe me.

You never know what people have done to their cars. And it all comes down to personal preference.....

oh don't get me wrong, any car can be fast, but we're talking about the ricer civics. You know, coffee can, spoiler, racing seats, and the black painted trunk lid.

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 08:41 PM

Hondamaster5505
08-14-2008, 08:41 PM
ttt

jesseweaver
08-14-2008, 08:46 PM
how the v6 stang compare speed and handling wise (all stock) to golfs, civics, jettas, cobalts,audi a4s(veryone around here has them:confused: ), eclipses? seems like everyone around here has one of those cars

Flyin_250r
08-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah alot of people get carried away with the imports. Give guys who actually know their stuff a bad name.

But for some people, they think v8 and instantly think they are fast. Same goes with some imports. Throw a big fart can on a pos and they think they gained some major boost.

I had a civic with a b16 swap with a bit of junk in the trunk and i lined up with a 07 mustang gt. To be honest with you, the mustang was a huge disappointment. I smoked him and it wasnt even funny. Alot of it is the driver. I dont care if you have a 800hp mustang, or a 240 hp civic. You throw a good driver behind either wheel and youll see a MAJOR difference.

But either way, the topic is getting way off the guys original post. So my final words instead of bickering and getting into a pissing match with anyone.

Go with whatever you want. Its you that has to drive the car. No matter what, someones gonna have a wise crack about it because most of the time. Its the people who are still driving their parents cars that make the smartass comments.

jesseweaver
08-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Go with whatever you want. Its you that has to drive the car. No matter what, someones gonna have a wise crack about it because most of the time. Its the people who are still driving their parents cars that make the smartass comments.

yea, im making the decision, driving the car first etc... just asking for some input and any major disadvantages/advantages to either of those cars i didnt think about yet.

and im still an amature when it comes to cars, when i go to look at it, what all should i look for:confused:

Master LTR450
08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
pop the hood make sure theres no oil on the block or anywhere on the motor, make sure its not leaking any fluids, make sure everything is dry basically. Check the tail pipe to see if it burns oil. All the little stuff, milage, condition of tires. obviously test drive it to make sure its not pulling or has any rattles or transmission noises. See if they have any records for the car. Also it cost a little bit of money but a carfax isnt a bad thing.

Flyin_250r
08-14-2008, 09:09 PM
If you know a body guy, take him with you. Its amazing how well a good body guy can find even the smallest flaws. Or if its been in any small accidents. Alot of accidents dont get reported, so have the car checked over big time.

Like Master_ltr said, do all the above.

If you can, get it put up in the air,check it all over.

Word of advice that my buddy get taken for. MAKE SURE THE CAR IS COLD! Dont even start if its a semi warm engine. Let it completely cool, even if you have to come back in a few hours. My buddy got taken for a ride on his last car. Showed up and the guy had the car running an hour earlier each time my buddy checked it out. Buys it, gets it home, goes out the next day, blue smoke coming from the tail pipe. Check the engine fluid levels. Ask about regular maintaince done to it. Records, everything. Basically anything you can think of.

Dont know what its like in the states. But we have to get etests done. Tell the guy if hes willing to sell it safetied and etested, you want it done by your mechanic. If hes legit and the car is legit he shouldnt have a problem with it. If he does, somethings up and walk away...

trxwannbe
08-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Thats because if your going to buy an american car thats going to throw you in your seat you have to spend the money. Go find yourself an 03-04 cobra and take it for a spin. Its not called the terminator for nothing.

Hey TRXwannabe I was thinking something like this what do you think??? http://www.supratraderonline.com/supras/listings/l0085.html

supras aren't really my thing. no doubt there one of the fastest out there just never been my thing. i'm thinkin i want like an 86 corolla, light, good handling, and lots of room for improvement. not the best looking cars in the world but if you want to drift when i'm done i'm in.

HmF300ex
08-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Ye I would actually go with the Tiburon even though I don't like foreign cars the Tiburon is pretty quick+you get good gas mileage, my friends got one and it beats Camrys and my other friends F-150 with pipes.

HmF300ex
08-14-2008, 11:47 PM
yet another import hater. get over the fact that the foreign autos are starting to take over the pro street market. with the right car mods are cheap and it will make any V-6 mustang look silly. like buying a 240sx shell for like 800 off of craigslist or some other site like it and then throwing in a red top SR20-DET and a suspension and and you'll still be under 7gs and if the car is gutted and tuned right you should be gettin real close to the 9s if not breaking into them on occasion. do you know what it would take to get a mustang there as far as parts you would have to get rid of to save weight and the parts you would need to get it up to that speed. never mind the fact that the nissan would still be over 20mpg
only reason imports are taking over the market is because of all the wannabes. people are proud that there supra has 1500 horses. never mentioned that that is only when the turbos are revved up and burning nos. all the other time there lost at 200hp. I wanna see i supra beat a true muscle.

jesseweaver
08-15-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by HmF300ex
Ye I would actually go with the Tiburon even though I don't like foreign cars the Tiburon is pretty quick+you get good gas mileage, my friends got one and it beats Camrys and my other friends F-150 with pipes.

not really worried about gas cause i get 60mpg most of the time on my bike. i think a mustang would beat a camry and an F150 too. i read a bunch of reviews and stuff on the mustang and it sounds like the only bad thing i hear about them is theres not a lot of interior room

stoopidbot
08-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Damn, a lot a Hyundai haters on here, eh?

I really don't see how the tiburon is girly. That's hyundai's sports car. Girly is the sonata, elantra, etc.

I don't know about you, but a 5-speed 2.7 liter v6 that will take a v6 mustang in a drag and outhandle it in the corners is anything BUT girly, unless that must be some hot chick that can drive.

Seriously, im using cold hard facts. Im not coming in here saying this one is better because it's a certain brand.

If you have that many issues and feel you need a mustang to make you feel manly, then go ahead. But me, ill take the hyundai in this situation.

It's not the performance that makes it a chick car. Just look at it! The body does it. I think a guy in a Tiburon looks just as bad as a guy in a Jetta.

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 07:18 AM
only reason imports are taking over the market is because of all the wannabes. people are proud that there supra has 1500 horses. never mentioned that that is only when the turbos are revved up and burning nos. all the other time there lost at 200hp. I wanna see i supra beat a true muscle.

you my friend are useless to the world. get a clue. for one you don't need nos to go fast and if you don't belive me go look up ryan woon's supra. he runs low 8s and had the car in the 7s once without spray. spray is for people who can't build a good engine lol or who have one but still can't figure out why their losing...and believe me a thousand horsepower supra will stomp on any 1000hp muscle car.

stoopidbot
08-15-2008, 07:42 AM
The guys with the "tuner" imports are so fake. I know some guys with some sick Acuras and I don't mean them. I don't mean the guys who know how to build a motor and are running at the strip. I mean the kid with a honda civic with a 4ft wing on the trunk. What is the point of making your car sound like a 2 stroke, and what's the point of a spoiler on a front wheel drive car? Good thing you guys apply downward force to the back end! I have a F150 with the police interceptor in it , super Chipped, K&N intake and dual flowmasters. I make those Hondas look like they are going backwards.

trick450r
08-15-2008, 08:58 AM
why dont you go find yourself a 97 and up fbody with a v6 and a 5 speed...closer to 210 hp and you will wax the mustang and the tib...and on top of that you get the piece of mind knowing that your driving a "nicer" vehicle than either of the other ones ever will be. Tiburons are the gayest cars ever made...mustangs are VERY low budget sports cars and it shows. V6 mustangs are even worse. The only mustang body car i would ever even consider owning would be a terminator.

trick450r
08-15-2008, 09:18 AM
you my friend are useless to the world. get a clue. for one you don't need nos to go fast and if you don't belive me go look up ryan woon's supra. he runs low 8s and had the car in the 7s once without spray. spray is for people who can't build a good engine lol or who have one but still can't figure out why their losing...and believe me a thousand horsepower supra will stomp on any 1000hp muscle car.

Okay you look like you could use some education as well. Supra's are dyno queens, plain and simple. They make insane power and don't put down the 1/4 times to back them up. someone i know owns the fastest street legal supra in the world 1520 rwhp at 59 psi and i want to say it ran 8.34 or something in the quarter. Now your going to say that's amazingly fast, i can show you videos of lt1 cars (an engine that cannot break the 1000hp barrier) running in the low 8's with 800-900hp, i can also show you a video of a 1000hp STREET LEGAL LS1 running a 6.866.

So before you make claims about a 1000hp supra beating "any" 1000hp muscle car why don't you just shut your trap and do some research. It seems to me when i first started visiting this site this thread would be filled up with people giving suggestions to help this guy pick a car. I'm disappointed to see nothing but a bunch of stupid punk kids trying to debate with absolutely no personal experience on the topic, most of you kids probably don't even have license's.

Next i will teach you about NITROUS OXIDE not nos. Nitrous oxide is used in probably 85% of cars that can break 11's. Some of the best engine builders in the world suggest the use of it on the track because it is your number one most efficient power adder. I have about $500 invest in my 150 TB plate nitrous system. For $500 you could not get 75hp out of the average car.

So before you go spreading your wisdom on drag racing why don't you all just head out to the track for a couple nights. Maybe you'll learn something valuable and you can come back here and talk about it like educated adults.

And trxwannabe before you talk about nitrous why don't you take your car and drive it up to connecticut and ill show you how my "crappy engine" and my "tired of losing attitude" Stomp you into the ground with or without N20. Or nos for the fast and the furious croud.

Rant over.

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
Okay you look like you could use some education as well. Supra's are dyno queens, plain and simple. They make insane power and don't put down the 1/4 times to back them up. someone i know owns the fastest street legal supra in the world 1520 rwhp at 59 psi and i want to say it ran 8.34 or something in the quarter. Now your going to say that's amazingly fast, i can show you videos of lt1 cars (an engine that cannot break the 1000hp barrier) running in the low 8's with 800-900hp, i can also show you a video of a 1000hp STREET LEGAL LS1 running a 6.866.

So before you make claims about a 1000hp supra beating "any" 1000hp muscle car why don't you just shut your trap and do some research. It seems to me when i first started visiting this site this thread would be filled up with people giving suggestions to help this guy pick a car. I'm disappointed to see nothing but a bunch of stupid punk kids trying to debate with absolutely no personal experience on the topic, most of you kids probably don't even have license's.

Next i will teach you about NITROUS OXIDE not nos. Nitrous oxide is used in probably 85% of cars that can break 11's. Some of the best engine builders in the world suggest the use of it on the track because it is your number one most efficient power adder. I have about $500 invest in my 150 TB plate nitrous system. For $500 you could not get 75hp out of the average car.

So before you go spreading your wisdom on drag racing why don't you all just head out to the track for a couple nights. Maybe you'll learn something valuable and you can come back here and talk about it like educated adults.

And trxwannabe before you talk about nitrous why don't you take your car and drive it up to connecticut and ill show you how my "crappy engine" and my "tired of losing attitude" Stomp you into the ground with or without N20. Or nos for the fast and the furious croud.

Rant over.

ok so you've made some good points and some realllllllllyyyyyy bad ones..i'm willing to bet that you didn't even look up ryan woon's car because if you had you would know hes running these numbers with the stock tranny and rearend. number 2 nitrous is an effective power adder but tough on the engine and most people that are bolting it on now a days install it like a retard or throw a 150 shot on their stock motor and call it a dragster, i've even seen someone who was impressed with himself for installing nitrous on his car and then leaving all the wires and lines hanging around on the top of the motor. number 3 i live in connecticut and i'll run down the quartermile with no shoes on faster then your car you dumb son of a b****

trick450r
08-15-2008, 11:06 AM
ok so you've made some good points and some realllllllllyyyyyy bad ones..i'm willing to bet that you didn't even look up ryan woon's car because if you had you would know hes running these numbers with the stock tranny and rearend. number 2 nitrous is an effective power adder but tough on the engine and most people that are bolting it on now a days install it like a retard or throw a 150 shot on their stock motor and call it a dragster, i've even seen someone who was impressed with himself for installing nitrous on his car and then leaving all the wires and lines hanging around on the top of the motor. number 3 i live in connecticut and i'll run down the quartermile with no shoes on faster then your car you dumb son of a b****

1. i have seen and read about ryan woons car.

2. This is true, it has a six speed in it.

3. I believe i never said anything about most people, Anyone with the brain the size of a monkey can install a basic wet nitrous kit.

4. Your basing your arguement on 2nd hand information and heresay.

5. Your an awful debater, language like that is going to get you no where.

6. Now this one is important, ready? repeat after me "my name is trxwannabe and i know nothing about street/strip cars"

and finally 7. your initial statement read
and believe me a thousand horsepower supra will stomp on any 1000hp muscle car.
I proved you wrong, instead of being a man and admitting that you were wrong you decided to attack me. As cool as this may have sounded in your head, I want to take this time to let you know you sound rediculously uninformed and stupid. Now why dont you just sit your *** back down and learn something, that will get you alot further in life.

Pappy or someone, please lock this thread up.

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 11:26 AM
haha no attack i just like violent language. its part of my personality and regardless of what you say your opinion means absolutely nothing to me, you attempted to make me look stupid and just succeeded in pissing me off by trying place fact against face but in truth yours have to many variables, whereas ryan's car is a fact. i'm right here in Norwich, CT 349 Mohegan Park Rd 06360 and if you want to call before you get here my cell # is 860-949-2823 so i can make sure my socks and shoes are off before you get in my driveway.

Regular_Joe
08-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Are you stupid. Rule #1 on the internet is don't post your name, address or phone number. I hope everyone signs you up for some porn magazines just for being a fool.

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 11:42 AM
haha do it up i'll be sure to tell em its all fraud and they should hunt down the dumbass that signed me up.

Regular_Joe
08-15-2008, 11:57 AM
1) Promo's are free. Nothing illegal. No one to hunt down. You just get bombarded with offers to Playgirl, Pickle Smoochers R Us, and all the other good mags out there that you would love.

2) Quit being a pompous butthead and just edit out your contact info already.

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 12:26 PM
haha most certainly not, and it is by law illegal for you to send me any of those things as it would be mail fraud.

mineralgrey01gt
08-15-2008, 01:02 PM

do what? Spray is for someone who cant build a good engine? HAHA thanks for the laugh, spray hurts an engine more than boost will. Since its such a sudden hit and sudden rev, boost just gradually builds up through the rpm range. I know a lot of guys that have 03/04 cobras with turbos and nitrous. They use the nitrous to spool the turbo faster, thus why 99% of the time its a 75-100 shot, its not for the extra power, but to get the 76+mm turbos spooling.

Just to let you know, a 1000hp supra will not stomp a 1000 hp muscle car, unless its driver error, the v8's have a MUCH better torque curve than v6's and 4cyl's. Its dyno proven so dont come on here saying stupid crap like that when you dont know the facts. Its sad that it takes a supra 800+hp to get into the 9's when I know a guy with a 2v mustang GT that is running 9.30's with 700rwhp, but like you said a 1000hp supra will beat a 1000hp muscle car:rolleyes:

oh and that mustang isnt a full drag car either before you bash it. It weighs 3400lbs without the driver, about 150lbs less than stock. Not bad if you ask me for a full weight STREET LEGAL car huh?

mineralgrey01gt
08-15-2008, 01:10 PM
btw your "boy" ryan woon has a 1400hp supra.... If a 1400hp car cant run 8's something is wrong, that does not impress me sorry. Its sad that people think that a 1400hp car is awesome if it runs 8's. A 1400hp 4v 4.6 and especially a 1400hp LS1 will walk the dog on that car any day of the week. Thank you for the arguement but my case is closed.

Master LTR450
08-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Hey TRXwannabe i am willing to bet if i did a little work on the terminator it would smoke a tt supra!! what if i put TT on the terminator??? do you still think that supra would stand a chance??

trick450r
08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
hp sells cars, torque wins races. Unless of course you want to race from a roll mr. vin diesel.

Thank you mineralgrey01gt, Japan has some impressive stuff that is for sure...But a well built american v8 is a force to be reconed with on the strip. Even if we eliminate some of the big dogs, LSX or terminator motors, The LTX's, SBC, and 2v ford motors still get **** done if they are built right...seen plenty of them with sub 10.00 numbers with much less than 1000hp

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 01:38 PM
say what you want the supra talk only started because of the link posted i personally am not a fan i just hate people that think there V-8 is the s*** because 8 is a bigger number than 4 or in the supras case 6. personally if i were gonna build a daily driver/strip with foreign parts i would drop a K20 in a gutted integra ls, done correctly you can get in to the low 9s and still push around 25mpg around town, and i have no facts to back it up but i heard there was a 1000hp KA24 built on all motor, i'm very skeptical about this but if it exists have fun trying to beat that with your tt terminator pal.

trick450r
08-15-2008, 01:43 PM
say what you want the supra talk only started because of the link posted i personally am not a fan i just hate people that think there V-8 is the s*** because 8 is a bigger number than 4 or in the supras case 6. personally if i were gonna build a daily driver/strip with foreign parts i would drop a K20 in a gutted integra ls, done correctly you can get in to the low 9s and still push around 25mpg around town, and i have no facts to back it up but i heard there was a 1000hp KA24 built on all motor, i'm very skeptical about this but if it exists have fun trying to beat that with your tt terminator pal.

Good luck getting a streetable integra into the 9's because it probably wont happen. They dont hook up for **** and i know this for a Fact, my buddy has a RHD 500 whp integra and he can barely get a 14.0 out of it because even with slicks it absolutely will not hook up no matter what...it was a 14.1 at like 128 or something rediculous.

Just give up kid...learn something then you can put up an arguement. And the reason everyone likes american v8's is because dollar for dollar i will stomp any ricer you find, except some DSM's, those are impressive little cars for cheap.

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 01:49 PM
ya know if you want to go there i'll tell ya what. you go get yourself a brand new mustang gt and i'll go get a brand new acura tl type s and we'll see whos got the faster car.

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Good luck getting a streetable integra into the 9's because it probably wont happen. They dont hook up for **** and i know this for a Fact, my buddy has a RHD 500 whp integra and he can barely get a 14.0 out of it because even with slicks it absolutely will not hook up no matter what...it was a 14.1 at like 128 or something rediculous.

Just give up kid...learn something then you can put up an arguement. And the reason everyone likes american v8's is because dollar for dollar i will stomp any ricer you find, except some DSM's, those are impressive little cars for cheap.

oh and by the way, you seem to have a lot of friends in these here car arguments. tell him to air down his slicks and learn how to use a clutch because i've seen 275whp integras dipping into the high 10s

08-15-2008, 02:11 PM

lolwut? The reason why imports are selling more then domesitics is not because of all the "wannabe's". It's becuase since the 80's the domestic manufac.'s started to sell some real real real bad cars. And now it came back to bit them in the ***, since the import's are now the #1 selling cars in the U.S. GM is making improvments,(camaro should be good), and so is Ford with bringing their Euro cars over here. While Chylser is on its last breath.

Back on topic.
6cyl Mustang= chick car, **** even the 8's are chick cars.
And the problem with mustangs is, the owners have the biggest ego's ever, they think there 200hp v8 is the fastest thing on the road. :rolleyes: I got a friend like that. He thinks his Mustang is the fastest car in the world, and when you remind him that it's not he just brings up his dads car."My dads rousch will smoke your car" blah blah hsdfjhd i hate mustangs.

Euro cars>Jap cars/Aussie cars>U.S cars*
(The new GM camaro, and g8 is NOT an american car, its austrailian.)

You should get the tiburon and do a 2jz swap
http://astrx.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2jz.jpg don't forget the Nas :chinese:

trick450r
08-15-2008, 02:16 PM
lets see here

Acura TL type S BASE MODEL starts at $38,425
286 hp with a 6 speed
256 lb ft tq
curb weight 3623

Pontiac G8 GT BASE MODEL starts at $ 29,995
361 RWHP
385 lb ft tq with a 6 speed
curb weight 3885

Which do you think will win?

'Nuff said...Please junior get a clue and do alittle research before you put your fingers on the keyboard again, im getting really tired of shutting you down.

And another question...do you even have a license?

Master LTR450
08-15-2008, 02:28 PM
i was wondering why would he get basically a car with a msrp of $40000 and tell you to get a gt?? a little retated if your going to compare cars compare them by there msrp and go get your acura tl type s and let trick get a gt500 since they both have the same msrp. Wouldnt that only be fair??

trick450r
08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
i was wondering why would he get basically a car with a msrp of $40000 and tell you to get a gt?? a little retated if your going to compare cars compare them by there msrp and go get your acura tl type s and let trick get a gt500 since they both have the same msrp. Wouldnt that only be fair??

Nah ill stick with my little $29995 Tl killing G8GT, actually i would love to have one, something about a fast 4 door is pretty cool, i'd like a nice black on black g8gt daily driver, plus it would match my ws6.

Master LTR450
08-15-2008, 02:37 PM
HAHA Yeah those G8's are sharp looking cars as well!!!

mineralgrey01gt
08-15-2008, 03:15 PM
ya know if you want to go there i'll tell ya what. you go get yourself a brand new mustang gt and i'll go get a brand new acura tl type s and we'll see whos got the faster car.

LOL will do, where you want to meet up at? My 01 GT will walk a TL type S, been there done that

and yes, those G8's are some good looking cars, the CTS coupe is my favorite though, damn those look good.

Ill say that I do not hate supras, in fact i love those cars but they are dyno queens, for the power they put down, they just cannot perform at the track, now top speed, they shine, but a 1/4 mile isnt there thing

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 05:54 PM
and personally i expect yours to, the new mustangs are bulky and weigh to much, but if we were to take those cars off the showroom floor right now the type s would walk the stang and its not even the performance car, if i wanted to match the stang with acura's "sports car" i would grab an rsx type s and that would definitely walk the stang.

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 05:57 PM
lets see here

Acura TL type S BASE MODEL starts at $38,425
286 hp with a 6 speed
256 lb ft tq
curb weight 3623

Pontiac G8 GT BASE MODEL starts at $ 29,995
361 RWHP
385 lb ft tq with a 6 speed
curb weight 3885

Which do you think will win?

'Nuff said...Please junior get a clue and do alittle research before you put your fingers on the keyboard again, im getting really tired of shutting you down.

And another question...do you even have a license?

haha what happened to your stang love pal...and yeah i have my license but unfortunately need something with a little utility so i drive a ranger. oh and just so you know i think the G8 GT is pretty sweet, as are most of the holden models that should be brought over and put up for sale.

Master LTR450
08-15-2008, 06:07 PM
again do your research the acura tl weighs more then the mustang and its hp and torque dont even come close to the new mustang gt. and good luck taking and rsx off the showroom floor!

trxwannbe
08-15-2008, 06:47 PM
my apologies i had forgotten that the rsx is no longer being produced.

08-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Go german dude, I have a 3 series. Throw some rims on it, and it stands out. I love my bmw, dont listen to people who hate on em. If you take the proper preventive matience your fine. I'm 17 and pay for everything my self with a 7.50 hour salary haha. They are quick and look good!!! German is only second to Italy in engineering!!! GO GERMANS

08-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Doug Hansing
Go german dude, I have a 3 series. Throw some rims on it, and it stands out. I love my bmw, dont listen to people who hate on em. If you take the proper preventive matience your fine. I'm 17 and pay for everything my self with a 7.50 hour salary haha. They are quick and look good!!! German is only second to Italy in engineering!!! GO GERMANS

e36 or e46?

440racer66
08-15-2008, 07:40 PM

and by the way a rsx wont walk a new stang im a big fan of imports and i hate mustangs but the rsx it relatively slow. they look nice. fast after forced induction but its not mustang fast off showroom.

440racer66
08-15-2008, 07:40 PM

and by the way a rsx wont walk a new stang im a big fan of imports and i hate mustangs but the rsx it relatively slow. they look nice. fast after forced induction but its not mustang fast off showroom.

jesseweaver
08-15-2008, 08:01 PM
lol i love where this thread is going. i dont think any of the cars i originally posted have been discused in the last 25 posts. i could care less though.... im pretty happy right now, i got the mustang tonight. ill make another thread of it and get some pictures when i bring it home either monday morning or wednesday evening.:macho

so....lets see how long this goes yet till its locked.:D

and 440racer are you from morgantown in PA? if you are your right down the road from me

mineralgrey01gt
08-15-2008, 10:24 PM
good choice in car, hey you can always do a 2v or 4v motor swap in it down the road if you want some more power and you will have room to grow, plus still have v6 insurance :)

check out www.svtperformance.com and www.modularfords.com

both places can help you out a lot in the looks and performance department. If you get on either hit me up, i have the same s/n as on here

http://www.putfile.com/pic/7810083/?action=zoom

oh and btw, wingless ftw! ^^^^

jesseweaver
08-16-2008, 05:21 AM
nice, mines about the same color maybe a little darker. i was thinking of putting 2 black stripes on it down hood roof and trunk. good idea?:ermm:

also do the v6s come factory with the big hood scoops? mine has it and the guy said it was from factory and i was thinking it was only the GTs and cobras with that

mineralgrey01gt
08-16-2008, 09:13 AM
what year model is it again? The 01-04 GT's came with the fake scoop and some v6's could be gotten with them. None of the cobra's ever came with a fake scoop like the GT and some v6's. If someone says they did, they shooting you some crap lol.

If yours is a little darker the color is called DSG (dark shadow gray). Very nice color and black stripes compliment that color very good. Also if you want to, black chrome looks good on that car for the wheels.

Titanium
08-16-2008, 09:18 AM
get the tiburon. everybody and their grandma has a mustang.

mineralgrey01gt
08-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
get the tiburon. everybody and their grandma has a mustang.

everyone and there grandma has an integra so whats the difference? He already got the mustang from what I understand.

jesseweaver
08-16-2008, 02:36 PM
what year model is it again? The 01-04 GT's came with the fake scoop and some v6's could be gotten with them. None of the cobra's ever came with a fake scoop like the GT and some v6's. If someone says they did, they shooting you some crap lol.

If yours is a little darker the color is called DSG (dark shadow gray). Very nice color and black stripes compliment that color very good. Also if you want to, black chrome looks good on that car for the wheels.

color sound sabout right, the guy told me charcoal grey, not sure if thats the exact name though:ermm: i was thinking blacks stripes and pretty dark windows. i was also thinking of filling in the mustang indentation in the rear bumper in black. i want to keep it kind of plain. but i have that stupid disease where i cant keep anythin stock:rolleyes:

anyone know whats a standard size for the stripes? width and distance apart? and do you go under or over the spoiler? which is better for your money, a vinyl or painted? and do most people continue them over the hood scoop or go around it and make it look like the hood scoop was put on top?

08-16-2008, 05:51 PM
e46

procircuit406ex
08-16-2008, 08:30 PM
most mustangs look girly to me

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/gnccracer/mmfp_0807_01_z1990_mustang_lxfront_.jpg

:huh lol

trxwannbe
08-16-2008, 09:18 PM
lol i had a 1994 pontiac sunbird that was scarier than that.

08-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by procircuit406ex
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/gnccracer/mmfp_0807_01_z1990_mustang_lxfront_.jpg

:huh lol

those are just ugly.

08-16-2008, 09:41 PM
lol i had a 1994 pontiac sunbird that was scarier than that.

ROFL post it up!!!!

ZeroLogic
08-16-2008, 09:43 PM
e46

Fo shizzle.

08-16-2008, 09:51 PM
e46

e36>e46;)

you on bf.c?

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 10:08 AM
I would've went with the tib, but that's me. They are both good cars either way.

I would definitley look into either a turbo or supercharger. I don't know about you, but the faster the better:D

post pics up of it!!

mineralgrey01gt
08-17-2008, 10:52 AM
I would've went with the tib, but that's me. They are both good cars either way.

I would definitley look into either a turbo or supercharger. I don't know about you, but the faster the better:D

post pics up of it!!

Id like to see some pics my own self of it.

The color is DSG, i can promise you that. That foxbody is sick. Does anyone have specs on it?

jesseweaver
08-17-2008, 11:19 AM
dont have pics of it yet. the notary was closed so were going tomorrow morning or wednesday evening to go get it, not sure yet but probably monday:D

this would probably be pretty difficult but...... would it be possible to make the rear window look like on the newer mustangs? mine looks about like the grey one, and the window on the side is pretty much 1 window. i love how the newer ones look with the body in between and that little triangle window in the back. im sure it would be really hard though....:ermm: anyone want to try to photoshop it to look kinda like the newer style rear window

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/tn_DSC00751.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/Stock-1.jpg

and i would love to get a turbo or supercharger. i really want blow off valves, they sound so sweet.

mineralgrey01gt
08-17-2008, 12:10 PM
they do make side window louvers for our style mustangs. They replace the side windows with different looks. You can get them to look like the old GT500's if you wanted to. You can always get some pieces made to attempt to look like the newer mustangs but it may not look exactly the same.

jesseweaver
08-17-2008, 12:18 PM
i dont need it to be exactly like the newer mustangs, i just like it when its 2 seperate windows, with the back one being kinda small and triangle shaped. ill look into it a little more, but i imagine it would be pretty hard

i just googled gt500 and thats pretty much what i want it to look like http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangspecs/2008/MustangGT500KR_top.jpg

where can you get things to make it look like that.

while im at it, what are some good places to get get car parts

jesseweaver
08-17-2008, 12:24 PM
i dont really like the louvers like the older ones, i like having the window there:ermm: itwould be hard, youd have to get a body shop to do it. youd need to move the window back a little and cut out for that and put some body work in between it.

mineralgrey01gt
08-17-2008, 01:08 PM
It all depends on what your looking for. For performance there is www.lethalperformance.com and check out www.svtperformance.com the for sale section in there has TONS of parts in it, so does www.modularfords.com

For looks and such, check out ebay. Just search for what you are looking for and it will come up. Thats where I got all of my "visual" parts from. The first thing I would personaly do when you get it is lower it. They all look like they have the FX4 package on them from the factory.

jesseweaver
08-17-2008, 01:14 PM
how much would that cost? and how low

mineralgrey01gt
08-17-2008, 02:49 PM
That pic I posted up of my car has Eibach sportline springs on it. I would say go with H&R SS springs because the drop looks a lot better. They cost around $250 i think, maybe not that much, and are simple to put on. To do it right and never have to fool with it again would cost around $500-$800 depending on what struts, shocks, c/c plates, etc you used but I was on stock stuff besides springs in that pic.

Titanium
08-17-2008, 09:51 PM
everyone and there grandma has an integra so whats the difference? He already got the mustang from what I understand.

not everyone around here has an integra dick smack. im the only one in the county to have one and even in the surrounding counties you'll rarely see one. and if you do see one its always a junk *** dc2. and even at that you see twice as many mustangs to integras in big cities. got to bed.

Master LTR450
08-17-2008, 09:56 PM
WOW I think that was a little unneccesary!!! And if your seeing dc2's then they are still there!!:macho

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2008, 10:12 PM
WOW I think that was a little unneccesary!!! And if your seeing dc2's then they are still there!!:macho

hahahaha.

dick smack. Thats a new one.

mineralgrey01gt
08-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
not everyone around here has an integra dick smack. im the only one in the county to have one and even in the surrounding counties you'll rarely see one. and if you do see one its always a junk *** dc2. and even at that you see twice as many mustangs to integras in big cities. got to bed.

hey "dick smack" maybe you should take a ride to louisiana because I see atleast 20-30 integras a day. Before you pop off to me again maybe you should learn wtf your talking about because obviously you dont know jack s**t....