PDA

View Full Version : alrighty

Drewltr450
08-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Got the ltr all together and she wont start. =[ It turns over and there is deffinetly compression. Valve clearences r good. For some reason my choke doesn't work. I think the choke would help for starting it the first time is there anything special i have to do to have the choke cable actuly work?

QUADSQUAD7
08-14-2008, 05:35 PM
make sure all your electrical plugs are connected.

Drewltr450
08-14-2008, 08:30 PM
ahh i think i found the problem i forgot to get rid of some rubber on the throttle positition sensor wire thing when i atached the PC to it so the metal inside the wire from the PC isn't actully connected to the throttle position wire. I think thats the problem. Cause every time i gave it a little gas to get her started it would die and stop cranking.

KingpinsEx
08-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I didnt think fuel injection had a choke?? :confused:

gsxr68
08-16-2008, 07:39 AM
they do not it is a fast idle

Drewltr450
08-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Ok i think i finnaly found the problem. The fuel line that plugs from the fuel pressure regulator to the injector assebly ( i tryied to explain it) well That hose is kinked very badly and i tried to unkink it but i cant. I got her running by pouring a couple drops of gas straight down into the cylinder and she fired right up for about 2 seconds then died. So its deffinetly a fuel problem. I ordered a new hose it should be here wednesday.