PDA

View Full Version : esr strokers

bansheeboyo
08-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Get the most out of your engine with an ESR Stroker Crank! Stroking the crank lets the piston travel farther up and down the cylinder bore, resulting in a larger engine displacement, more torque, and more horsepower! ESR starts with a brand new OEM crank that gets disassembled, stroked, blueprinted, balanced, and truedwithin exact tolerances.

No case trenching required!

i have emailed esr a few times but no reply so i thought i would ask you guys you guys must know something you know everything about the r
so do i need to trench my casings for a esr stroker ?
i haVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT A 5 MILL OR 8 MILL STROKER
will i have to make custom motor mounts for the 8 mill
what size of spacer plate will i need
thanx in advance
scott

bansheeboyo
08-15-2008, 01:37 PM
come on peolpe please reply so i can get my engine built
cheers scott

Rip_Tear
08-15-2008, 02:20 PM
My engine was done before I got it, but I am 90% sure you don't need to do any trenching. My motor is done to 265 if that helps. The only thing with the stroker is that it pushes your head up and that changes the position of your head stay, most people don't bother putting that bolt back in but still run the head stay. I'd suggest doing the same or making/modding a head stay like I did.

kiesta00
08-15-2008, 06:45 PM
ESR indexes the rods (shaves them slightly) on the 4 and 5 mill cranks so that you don't have to modify the cases. I went with a 4mm hotrods stroker crank and didn't realize that the rod wouldn't clear the case if I didn't shave the case a little.

I really doubt anyone will build you an 8 mill 250r motor...that would be a really harsh rod angle :eek2: Pistons wouldnt last too long with that setup. I have a 4mm stroker crank, and honestly I'd stay with a stock stroke crank and put the extra money in a good portjob and dome configuration. A 4mm stroke on a single cylinder isn't a huge increase in displacement like it is on say a banshee.

The stroker is nice, just be very careful that your engine builder knows WTF he is doing before you go ordering all kinds of parts. Theres many ways to build a stroker R. I'm on my second engine build, the first one was crap.

Who's building your engine??

morse250r
08-15-2008, 08:56 PM
you have to trench for anything about a 5 mm those 8 mm your case will be so thin on the bottom ive heard of them putting epoxy down there for protection i agree i just put an esr 4 mm and i think i couldve spent money else where and had better results

bansheeboyo
08-16-2008, 04:07 AM
so you guys are saying dont go with the 5 mil stroker 4 in stead

morse250r
08-16-2008, 05:20 AM
i wouldnt go with any thing bigger than a 5mm i went with a 4mm for trenching purposes did have to nick alittle out of the cases right at the top for clearance not much though actually for comfert more than anything

bansheeboyo
08-16-2008, 07:06 AM
well my casings are trenched for a 5 mill , i bought a 5 mil stroker a set of trenched casings and a ct 350 head drag ported from some guy on ebay called suprrat
but the stroker on the right hand side /clutch side has only about 3 threads the rest are wrecked
so i thought i better buy a knew 1 just wanted to know if you guys thoght what stroker would be better
and if any 1 makes custom mounts for a stroker
do you think a drag ported cylinder will be ok for the occasional trail some tight bits
cheers scott

morse250r
08-16-2008, 09:01 AM
suprat has some fast stuff i know the guy who did his work and they do trench for the safty factor but im running an esr set up not a hot rod or cranck works set up

cdrookie
08-16-2008, 09:14 AM
a drag ported cylinder is about the WORST setup to use on tight trails. IMO scrap the stroker setup and get yourself a new OEM crank(reliability) and a big bore cylinder. have it ported for your riding style, and live happily ever after.

bansheeboyo
08-16-2008, 11:11 AM
only once or twice a year i do tight trails mostof the time i ride big wide open fields and a few tracks

kiesta00
08-16-2008, 06:12 PM
By the time the powerband starts to kick in...it'll be time to slam on the brakes and take a turn lol...it should be an interesting ride...just get ready to do some fancy clutch work to keep it in the powerband :)

That bike should haul some *** in the dunes.

bansheeboyo
08-17-2008, 03:35 AM
to bad there aint no dunes i can ride in scotland ,although there is a lot of hills,
the dunes nearest me are in balmedie aberdeen and i cantride there because they are protected and donald trumph is away to build a golf course there