PDA

View Full Version : this really pisses me off..

dehner47
08-14-2008, 10:14 AM
i really dont like the fact that this web site has been running information about c class rider dalton millican.so what if his daddy is a pro top fuel drag racer.does that give everyone the right to write articles and stuff about him running the c class and how he's doing and all.i understand he crashed good in tn(glad he was not hurt bad) and all but there were a few articles about him and how hes coming to a few nationals this year.in my opinion,i think its a slap in the face to all the other c,b and even a class riders and there families that put all there blood,sweat and tears into racing the whole series and there not getting no recognition for there efforts and dont get a chance to give a shout out to there sponsers.as a racer and a buisness owner,thats not right to the companys/sponsers that give products away to guys/girls that race every weekend and there riders are finishing on poduims and even winning races and there riders dont even get a chance to thank the people that get them to the races and the companies that support there efforts..

now,before some of yall go all postal with your posts saying i'm an ******* and all for my little rant,just think if you had sponsers that supported you 110% and your out winning a national event and you dont even get a chance to thank them.how would that make you and the sponsers feel.like ****. thats how..

now i'm dont know dalton and i'm not knocking him personally at all.he could be the coolest dude in the world for all i know.hell,he might even become the next timmy farr for all i know.but the point is,others "NEED" to be showcased every now and then.not just some kid thats daddy is a pro drag racer.hell,my father raced top fuel dragsters as i was growign up,and i never had no articles written up on me.and the year i ran c class,i won 7 or the 8 motocross races and 3 of the 8 tt races(there were combined then).in my opinion,its sad..

represent618
08-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Wow, Jealous?

gcart2
08-14-2008, 10:24 AM
why does this piss you off??

i would hate to see what you would do if you found out your girlfriend was cheating on you if something as dumb as that "really pisses" you off.

Quad18star
08-14-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm not speaking for others , since I did not write the article nor did I interview this young guy and I don't even know him ... but I'm sure the reason it was written has nothing to do with the fact that his dad is a top fuel racer .

Maybe it was written because the kid conducts himself in a professional manner , could be that he's overcome injuries and continued racing , maybe he was just in the right place at the right time to be interviewed ?!?! I don't know.

I'm sure ATVRiders.com would love to interview tons more riders and post up all the interviews , but when 700+ racers show up , it's pretty impossible to do.

If you don't make it on the interview page , keep an eye out in the photo galleries ... chances are you'll be in atleast 1 of the thousands of pictures that are taken on event weekends.

I'll let Admin or whoever takes care of the interviews speak for themselves on this issue.

represent618
08-14-2008, 10:29 AM
do you really see this pokemon player with a girlfriend?

gcart2
08-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by represent618

you are right.

sorry :ermm:

dehner47
08-14-2008, 10:41 AM
nope not jelous.i haven't even raced for a year or two.it just the fact that many racers need to have the time in the sun too.and i'm not talking about me.not many of you know me on here so if you did,you would know,i have nothing to be jelouse of.guys like jrspawn know what i have done in my racing career over the past 10-12 years.i'm not gonna go and blow my own horn, but if i did i would blow all your minds on some of the things i've done and who i know and where i have raced.but i'm not the kinda guy who is gonna make himself sound cool to everyone on here.i'm a very mild mannered kinda dude so i dont go and do those kinda things.i did not write that little rant to speak of myself.i wrote it to show some of yall,that "YOU" guys/girls deserve your chance to shine and give a shout out to your sponsers.and please,dont go there about coming back from injuries and still riding/racing.again,i'd blow your mind with the injury list.just trying to help up and coming racers out and show the world that some of yall need your time to shout out your sponsers.

and as for the dude that says about my girl cheating and i'm sure that would really piss me off.far from it bro.i dont get upset over chicks.if my girl cheated on me,she aint worth my time or energy.she just another dirty girl that gets kicked to the curb.and in a few years when you get a bit mature,you'll understand how i feel when i say what i say..

dehner47
08-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by represent618

haha that actually is funny.anyway,i'm not here to play childish name games with yall.you dont know me and i dont know any of yall.so i'm not even gonna play stupid kid games.just trying to help some of ya racers out. thats all..

gcart2
08-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
haha that actually is funny.anyway,i'm not here to play childish name games with yall.you dont know me and i dont know any of yall.so i'm not even gonna play stupid kid games.just trying to help some of ya racers out. thats all..

why all defensive lol? :p

dalton millican is lucky to be noticed. be happy for him.

im sure theres lots of other people out there who would love to be noticed. however, they dont go posting threads bashing one individual who is lucky enough to be noticed.

trick250r
08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
the kid was in the right place, at the right time, with the right people there... did you ever think that maybe they saw this kid race and they saw some potential? maybe more potential than theyve seen in anyone else theyve looked at?

yellow400ex05
08-14-2008, 11:20 AM
sometimes you just gotta know the right people, and fortunately for this person his parents are "those people". Although, it may not always be the case.. It could tie him into being a good rider, then getting noticed, then making it become more publicised because of who his parents are?. I'm not sure.

08-14-2008, 11:24 AM
you win the award for "Longest Run-on sentence in ATVriders 08. That was hard to read.

chris46250r
08-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I read your little rant and it is quite funny to me. If a rider has to be interviewed to thank everyone that they should, they should be dropped. Pick the damn phone up and call them every Monday and tell them how well you did and thank them for the sponsorship. I dont think that sponsors of young new riders expect to be seeing TV commercials and radio adds of thier riders. Word of mouth about thier products and being seen at the races with thier products is mainly what they are after with the young new riders. Be glad for the kid that got an interview and help the ones that you think should be next. No matter who his daddy is, I bet if he sucked at riding he wouldn't have got the interview. Every kid at the races has the potential to be interviewed, but most will never get one, thats just life. If they are racing just to be interviewed they are doing it for all the wrong reasons. And yes I also think you might be a little jealous.

represent618
08-14-2008, 11:53 AM
I for one would likely not be impressed with anywhere you have been, have raced, etc. Propably not going to be impressed with any of your injuries, trophies, or anything you have done in your "big" life.

So be happy for this kid, start your own Web Site dedicated to spotlighting riders that you see "Qualified".

Hey I have been racing for 20 years, pick me!!!!

dehner47
08-14-2008, 01:19 PM
your all just missing my point.the only reason the kid is spot lighted,is the fact of whom his father is.and for the ones who have not famous fathers,never will get the recognition they deserve.

and as for the dude who calls it my "BIG" life,you got no clue bro.i have been on teams with pro riders, been places some of yall will never be,and know dudes you wished you knew.but thats here nor there.all i was trying to state was that some of you guys need more publisity and more recognition then he does.thats it.thought maybe some of yall would understand that.but i guess not.guess maybe i just need to delete this post.cause my intentions were never to look jelouse or dog this kid in any way.i cant do that cause i dont even know him personally.so if thats the way it came across,i appoligize.just think that some dudes(not me) deserve some recognition sometimes.

ALAMX37
08-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Did I miss something the kid races Pro-am and has a factory ride. If thats not enough then show me someone else who races Pro-am with a factory ride and I will do the damn report myself. If you earn a factory ride it doesn't matter who your daddy is, you can ride, period. You should recognize what this young man has accomplished.

gbcap
08-14-2008, 01:37 PM
never heard of the kid....where are the articles?

if you want to put your name out there start writting articles about yourself. or you can visit plenty of websites that publish stuff about lower class riders.

here is an article about myself...i am not a pro by any means, i have no factory backing, i have no famous father. but i still get something published about myself.

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/gncc2008-greg-condon-09-atv-race-report.html

if you want something done, you have to do it yourself sometimes. get over it bubba and move on.

gbcap
08-14-2008, 01:39 PM
[i]just think that some dudes(not me) deserve some recognition sometimes. [/B]

www.atvexposed.com

amateurs getting wrote about all the time.

maybe you should right for them so you can help people get thier name out. if your not willing to help then just sit on the sideline and deal with "punks" getting things they don't deserve.

Quad18star
08-14-2008, 01:43 PM
your all just missing my point.the only reason the kid is spot lighted,is the fact of whom his father is.and for the ones who have not famous fathers,never will get the recognition they deserve.

Again ..... do you know for a FACT that this kid was interviewed only because his dad races cars? :rolleyes:

dehner47
08-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Again ..... do you know for a FACT that this kid was interviewed only because his dad races cars? :rolleyes: your correct.i dont know that for a fact.but,what other c class rider has had there interview done.not once,but a few differnt times.kinda ironic dont ya think.

and for the dude that says he's a pro-am rider,where did you see that? it says in all the interviews,production c.not pro-am with factory backing.

Quad18star
08-14-2008, 01:54 PM
your correct.i dont know that for a fact.but,what other c class rider has had there interview done.not once,but a few differnt times.kinda ironic dont ya think.

Various mini racers have had their time in the spotlight , middle of the pack B racers have been interviewed , heck even Greg Condon (gbcap) has been interviewed a few times . If that ain't giving amateurs exposure time , then I don't know what is.

Ruby Soho
08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
sounds to me like some of this story is a little exaggerated:D

Scro
08-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Various mini racers have had their time in the spotlight , middle of the pack B racers have been interviewed , heck even Greg Condon (gbcap) has been interviewed a few times . If that ain't giving amateurs exposure time , then I don't know what is.

Not to mention all the GNCC morning race reports. If Pappy knows who you are, he'll throw your name out there if he uses the pic. And I'm sure there are more than just a few people reading it.:eek2:

Quad of the Month, Atvriders' sister site ATVracers.com...there are more than enough ways for amatuers to get their name out there.

My advice to you is to stop waiting on your bucket of gold to fall from the sky. If you want to get recognized, you gotta work for it and not worry about how everybody else is getting there.

gbcap
08-14-2008, 02:11 PM
your correct.i dont know that for a fact.but,what other c class rider has had there interview done.not once,but a few differnt times.kinda ironic dont ya think.

and for the dude that says he's a pro-am rider,where did you see that? it says in all the interviews,production c.not pro-am with factory backing.

he could have done his own interview and his own write up. seen that on more then one occasion.

again, sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.

gbcap
08-14-2008, 02:12 PM
heck even Greg Condon (gbcap) has been interviewed a few times . If that ain't giving amateurs exposure time , then I don't know what is.

what you trying to say there? heck...am i that bad of a racer that i don't deserve some spotlight?:p

dehner47
08-14-2008, 02:14 PM
last time.its not for recognition for me.i was just sayin some of "you guys/girls" deserve some spotlight more then he does.thats it.i dont need the recognition.i'm far from needing it.last time i will explain that.trying to voice my opinion for the people who deserve it more.guess i'm the dick.what can i say..

Quad18star
08-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
what you trying to say there? heck...am i that bad of a racer that i don't deserve some spotlight?:p

I was trying to put it nicely , but .... ;) Just mesing with ya. How did you end up making out this year? Last I read you had podiumed at an event. Still riding the Grizzly??

Quad18star
08-14-2008, 02:22 PM
dehner47.

Here's what I don't get.

You repeatedly say that you don't know this kid , you've never met him , yada yada yada .... but you go on to say that he doesn't deserve the spotlight.

So my question is , WHY doesn't he deserve the interview? What makes him any less deserving that others?

For someone who has never met the kid or know him , you sure have a strong opinion of him not deserving to give a shout out to his sponsors.

dehner47
08-14-2008, 02:39 PM
dehner47.

Here's what I don't get.

You repeatedly say that you don't know this kid , you've never met him , yada yada yada .... but you go on to say that he doesn't deserve the spotlight.

So my question is , WHY doesn't he deserve the interview? What makes him any less deserving that others?

For someone who has never met the kid or know him , you sure have a strong opinion of him not deserving to give a shout out to his sponsors. your right with what you say.he does deserve some recognition.but,i have read a few stories on this kid.my issue is,wheres the interview with the kid that won the c class in tn? and i even read one about him suppose to be somewhere and he wasn't there cause of bike issues or something like that.and you can say there were informing us that he got injured.ok,well what about the rest of you racers that got hurt? they didn't get no interview.

and i will take something back.maybe i shouldn't say he doesn't deserve an interview.cause maybe he does.but i have read 2 things on here about him.everyone needs there turn,but while there interviewing him,theres other riders like yourself that deserve an interview.and i'm sure you'd be stoked with one.let alone 2.and the first one about him,was before even went to a national event.

Scro
08-14-2008, 02:41 PM
last time.its not for recognition for me.i was just sayin some of "you guys/girls" deserve some spotlight more then he does.thats it.i dont need the recognition.i'm far from needing it.last time i will explain that.trying to voice my opinion for the people who deserve it more.guess i'm the dick.what can i say..

Sorry - must've skipped over that part. But there are plenty of way for "us" to get our name out there without an interview.

Quad18star
08-14-2008, 02:58 PM
dehner47 .... no one wants to read an interview with me.... it would be pretty boring to say the least.

I'd have to give a shout out to my sponsors ... Visa .. thanks for their 8% interest rates ... my Bank .. thanks for their willingness to give me a 5 year loan at prime + 3% on which I'm still paying for on a quad I no longer own.

Like I said , I don't know the criteria that Admin has for interviews for this website ... if there is any. Maybe the interviewer knows this kid personally, maybe he pitted beside him, maybe he was easy to interview the first time and made a good candidate for a 2nd interview or maybe he was just in the right place at the right time.

I don't know and you don't know ... so let's stop speculating until the Interviewer chimes in on this issue.

We've got 2 options .... I can leave this thread open until Admin chimes in and let's you know why the interview with Dalton was conducted ( if he wants to) or I can close this thread and no one get's an answer.

Sound good enough?