PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Built 85 Toyota Crawler

wake440
08-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Up for sale is a 1985 Toyota extended cab pickup(clear title) that has been bobbed. The truck has a fuel injected 4.3 with a TH400 transmission and a dana 300 transfer case with twin stick shifter. The front axle is a Dana 44 with full hydraulic steering. The front springs are mounted in a slider setup for extreme flex. The rear axle is a corporate 20 with one piece alloy axles and disk brakes. The gear ratio is 4.56 and the truck is locked front and rear. It has aluminum Trailready beadlocks and 36 inch IROCs . Chevrolet rear leaf spring conversion. The truck has been wheeled and does have some rash but is in overall good condition for a crawler. The price is $6000. I will trade for a sport quad of equal value. Will also consider classic cars or trucks, or large street and trail type motorcycle. Truck is located in Double Springs, AL 35553.
Pictures at this link
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/i...av_album_album

trick450r
08-16-2008, 08:40 AM
interested in trading for a 03' ktm 525 sx? Its in good shape overall, needs a chain and a rear tire.

That itsnt street legal due to the hydro steering and other things correct?

could you e-mail me more pics at trick450r@gmail.com

wake440
08-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Is the KTM street legal? I am only interested in a motorcycle if it is something that I can ride to work occasionally. The truck is not street legal due to the hydraulic steering and the beadlock wheels.

trick450r
08-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by wake440
Is the KTM street legal? I am only interested in a motorcycle if it is something that I can ride to work occasionally. The truck is not street legal due to the hydraulic steering and the beadlock wheels.

the ktm can be street legal if you were to add mirrors and lights...also since its an sx its a 4 speed...5th and 6th can be put in out of an exc or xcr model. Goes about 85 in 4th gear. Im not too too familiar with hydraulic steering...how easily removable?

would it be possible for me to see more pics.

i had an 88' yota on 35's locked fr and rr etc etc...i got a bronco 2 now but i feel the itch to get back in a toyota rig.

wake440
08-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Here is a link to all the pics that I have right now. If you need anything more specific just let me know.
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/Blaine34/?special_track=nav_tab_my_albums

trick450r
08-17-2008, 10:27 AM
well i live in connecticut...but could i get your address so i can see how far of a road trip this would be? feel free to pm it to me for privacy on your end.

As far as the hydro steering goes, is it easily removable? is it actually hard to drive on the road with that or is it illegal because its not factory?

pics of the ktm

wake440
08-17-2008, 07:33 PM
The Chevrolet rear spring conversion will be completed by mid-week and the truck will be ready to wheel. No longer available as a project.

wake440
08-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I have driven the truck on the road but it is really not a good idea, if you were to blow a line you would completely lose steering. You could go back to a factory style steering setup, you would need the steering box and some linkage. I don't think that you would want to put this rig back to regular street duty. You will have more in it than what you could buy a streetable 4x4 for. If you want something that will take you just about anywhere this truck is for you.

trick450r
08-18-2008, 10:31 PM
nah i just need it to drive it a few miles to a few different spots.

wake440
08-19-2008, 10:24 AM
You would not have any problem driving a few miles to the trail. I always try to drive slow so that if there was a problem I could get stopped. I should have most everything back under the truck tonight.