PDA

View Full Version : Athena and Falcon parts ?

cypher333
08-13-2008, 05:46 PM
I just picked up a 400ex that had some work done to the engine but I am unsure if it is legit. The person who sold it to me said it has a athena piston put in as well as a falcon crank at around a 14:1 compression running 505cc . The thing is i didnt see a athena cyclinder head or any external markings, but it does seem to be running a rather high compression. I tried googling these companies but didnt find much info. Any info would be great, thanks

justin1022
08-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by cypher333
I just picked up a 400ex that had some work done to the engine but I am unsure if it is legit. The person who sold it to me said it has a athena piston put in as well as a falcon crank at around a 14:1 compression running 505cc . The thing is i didnt see a athena cyclinder head or any external markings, but it does seem to be running a rather high compression. I tried googling these companies but didnt find much info. Any info would be great, thanks

um i am not 100% sure of this. but last time i checked athena only made pistons and cylinders for the 450s. even strokers i dont think athena makes a kit for them.

cypher333
08-13-2008, 05:52 PM
yeah thats why i asked, all the other parts on the quad are legit, it came with curtis sparks carb, x6 exhaust, etc so i was hoping the engine had some good mods on it was well. They put some big bucks into it.

justin1022
08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
who cares whats in it then just as long as it runs then if once you blow it or whatever you cand find it all out.

well i guess you kidn of want to no because of race gas.