PDA

View Full Version : new shocks for xc

BossHogg420
08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
looking at some new suspension for my 07 for xc racing next year. Found a set of rebuilt remote rezzie works triple rate in mint condition. rebuilt to around my size but for recreation/mx jumps with no compression/rebound adjustment. I can get them for around 450 but i wanna make sure they would be good for xc w/o the adjustments and being set up for recreation/ mx...any thoughts would be great!

REDRIDDER
08-13-2008, 03:07 PM
If it were me and I was serious about xc racing I would want to be adjustable, but on the other hand those works are way better than stock I guess.Or I would buy a used set of 450r shocks send them in to C&D or GT THUNDER to have them set up for your style of riding and you probably would still be under $450 bucks or a little over. just my opinion though.:)

Lonestar_R
08-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I have a set of Rebound and Compression adjustable piggyback Elkas for sale. I am wanting 350 shipped from them. They were on a 400EX I bought as a project but am not gonna do anything with now. I figure they need serviced at least. They were on stock arms. I don't know what they are set up for but are in decent shape

coryatver
08-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I would not bother with works if you are planning on racing. They are not that high performance but good trail shocks.

If I was getting shocks for a 400ex I would go with HLS. http://www.hlssuspension.com/

When I had a 400ex I ran GT Thunder rebuilt 450r front shocks and they worked awesome. HLS shocks are the same internals just there own bodies which saves you from having to buy 450r shocks.

If you go to a race they will let you test the shocks out for a race and you can see yourself how they perform.

Johnny Minehan
08-17-2008, 07:36 PM
PEP!