PDA

View Full Version : Looking for best deal on stroker kit

Nillious
08-13-2008, 10:21 AM
im looking to build a stroker for my trx (400ex) and was wondering if any of you had any places that have decent deals on stroker cranks and or kits.

I want to keep it cool and was told it you keep the compression down and use a stroker with a smaller big bore kit it will help with the running temp. I have been told full built 460s will over heat in the woods.

any help you can give on this would be much appreciated. Thanks

drew416ex
08-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Powroll makes all the parts. I got the hotrods +4 crank and powroll 87mm piston because I didnt want to wait to get the crank stroked. Also if powroll installs the short rod, you can use pretty much any 400ex piston.

odog
08-13-2008, 04:10 PM
i found mine on lukesracing.com i just ordered it yesterday i didnt order it from lukes racing because no one answered the call but i left a message and the guy just called me back about an hour ago but they have a good kit i just got all the parts i need out of there kit and order mine from another dealer

ben_400ex
08-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Yea i got my 460 kit from lukesracing.com, found them really great to deal with.

rideracelivemx7
08-14-2008, 08:57 AM
i was seraching on that site a minute ago and i spotted this "and the counterballance shaft will have to be modified,
Instructions for the counterballance shaft mod are included with the Hotrods Crank. "

what mod is this? i havent recalled seeing that around before.

ben_400ex
08-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Yea that was only with the old hotrods stroker crank, the "new" hotrods crank which comes with the kit from lukesracing now does not require the counterbalance mod, i asked them the same question when i was getting mine.

08-14-2008, 04:07 PM
$600 for a 460 stroker done by my friend lol. idk what parts he is using but he keeps telling me "when your ready just give me $600 and you'll be beating almost anything. 460 stroker and i'll give you my edelbrock 440 carb." lol then he tells me about making too much power and I will have to keep buying clutches, no thanks