PDA

View Full Version : how does it handle

upyours
08-12-2008, 07:55 PM
ok i race cross country and usually blow threw corners pretty fast i was just wondering how it cornered i dont have any friends that have one for me to ride and base a opinion on does it corner as well as a 450r or what i mean if i bought one i would be putting shocks and steering stem and dampener on it but i just want to hear what everyones opinion is on the cornering im a big dude and it felt layed out right for me when i sat on it at the dealer but to drop 7800 bucks on something im not to sure about when i all ready have a modded to hell 400ex and 450r just want some insight thanx

scuzz
08-12-2008, 10:08 PM
I'm a big guy too, and I've found that transitioning my weight to the front when cornering works best.

I'm 6'6" and 260...

plumbum
08-13-2008, 06:54 AM
if you are coming from a 450 you will have to adjust your driving style. it does not corner the same. but it should be faster in the corners once you get used to it. slow down before the corner and power through. dont try to powerslide though, it wont happen. the 700xx has alot of traction evrywhere.

upyours
08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
i was wondering cause with a plus 1 steering stem that thing would fit me like a glove thanx 4 the input on both of my quads i usually have to run plus 2 stems and i still feel bunched up i think im gonna buy one and get it ready for next season thanx again cheers