PDA

View Full Version : Clutch shuttering??

eastside 400
08-12-2008, 06:37 PM
i have an 05 450 and the clutch is shuttering when im leaving from a stop, especially when i have the rpms up like at the gate but it also does it when im just riding around leaving at normal rpms. I start letting the lever out like 1/2 way to load it up and the clutch graps hard like i just dumped it but the quad doesnt launch, it just bucks like 1" and holds again. i took the plates out and cleaned them and made sure nothing was worn or broken, and it still does it, i swapped the springs from my practice bike which is working fine and it still does it, im noticing now that it only does it when its colder, when i get everything hot it doesnt want to act up. im thinking a clutch basket now but it seems to have about the same amount of bushing play that my other bike does. this basket has only about 1/2 a season on it. The one that was in before that lasted me 2 seasons. Im using the same oil that i have been using for over a year and im running it in both bikes and my other bike has none of these problems. im not sure whats going on. Anyone have any idea? Thanks

hendershot106
08-14-2008, 11:07 AM
was your inner steel plates discolored or blackened??????

eastside 400
08-14-2008, 04:57 PM
no the plates looked fine, but thats what the problem was, i swapped the plates and discs out of the practice bike and everythings good now so that was it i guess, prolly warped