PDA

View Full Version : newbee

CAN-AM DS450 X
08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
hi, i am a new owner of can-am ds 450 x (from quebec = i am french)

i read a lot ..evry one cut that pink wire but.

i dont understand this pink wire, what i do ... ? (what is the function of this pink wire )

and if i cut it a would keep my waranty or not

and other thing,
i do my fisrt oil change. it ok

but when i do my second oil change, i have found a litle bite of metal chips in my oil filter, (the chip of metal 2 mm lengh )

the metal chips is like a spiral, this seen like when you drill aluminiun,

i will post you a picture for the next week

WesDS450X
08-12-2008, 03:11 PM
welcome to the fourms! hope you enjoy your DS450X, about the pink wire, it does NOT void your warrenty dont let them push you around like sayin it does, it basicly adds around 5-6 hp, i just cut mine threw on my K&N filter took off my airbox lid and removed the baffle outta the stock exhuast and its like another machine, pulls way harder and will want to wheelie like none stop, about the metal chips, could be your piston or w/e gettin warn in im not 100% may want to take it to the shop and get it checked out or maybe somone esle here has some advise

Drewltr450
08-12-2008, 05:08 PM
The metal shavings if very normal for your first couple oil changes. It is just your engine breaking in.

CAN-AM DS450 X
08-13-2008, 12:03 PM
HI , AND THANK ,a will go to my dealer can-am ,but a dont like her...i think i would say that normal ...it dummp people

i have a other question ..i would like to put a exhaust pipe or a fully exhaust systeme

but i run my quad in federal trail... a fully exhaust systeme will be tolerat or not and a slip on

wich slip on will u recommanded , if i dont whant to much noise, but just more trollte reponse a low and mid range rpm

thank . (it not easy to write in englich)

m. french guy :D

CAN-AM DS450 X
09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
HI , i bought a velocity air filter ,and i cut the pink wire.
the engine zip more a mid range,you dont wait to have power but nothing else.
a bottom end rpm i think i have no gain hp

white the pink wire fix i have more zip at bottom end
like a 2-stroke engine (i like that)

my air box is stock (no lid off) and the stock exhaust whit the spark arrestor on

i dont think it good benific to cut this pink wire, if your atv is stock ...

i would like to have more mid range and top end power
whant kind of slip-on exhaust , do you recommand to me
or you guy ,think a slip on exhaust dot have a gain of hp