PDA

View Full Version : DS450X problems

WesDS450X
08-12-2008, 12:44 PM
aight so basicly im having a reacuring coolent leak, basicly what happens is i have all my hoses on tight, then i go out for a full day of riding and when i put bike away and come check it in the morning for leaks, theres coolent all over the place, my motor is good and all my gaskets are perect, im confused about this and starting to get on my nerves, then im having a false N, i go to put it in gear and it doesnt click when u usly go from N to frist, then when i start letting out the clutch at about 60-65% out the N light pops on then it goes into gear just fine, does anyone got any advise about these problems? the dealer where i got the bike are ****ing morons and clueless =[

fastford
08-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Dont have the Netural problem but the best way to look at the coolant issue is to dye test it. Go to like NAPA they should have dye and buy a black lightbulb. Wash the quad and then add in the dye. Dont run a whole day on the unit just need a bit and then stick it in the garage at night and hit it with the black light. Anything leaking will glow. Should pin point where it is coming from. But make sure ya ride it just enough to leak. If you ride it all day there wil be dye everywhere and you will have to repeat.

Punk'd
08-13-2008, 02:26 AM
Check the top right side of your motor. The tiny coolant line tends to leak alot. As for faulse N. I have that too, but mostly when I'm drag racing.

ds450racer
08-23-2008, 08:11 AM
call up your local can am dealer about the neautral. I had that problem. Its pretty easy to fix.

WesDS450X
08-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ds450racer
call up your local can am dealer about the neautral. I had that problem. Its pretty easy to fix.

yeah i did that, they told me i wasnt hitting the shifter hard enoufh but i was, its only N-1st so i said w/e i can ajust to it, got the coolent fixed good this time wewt

ds450racer
08-24-2008, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by WesDS450X
yeah i did that, they told me i wasnt hitting the shifter hard enoufh but i was, its only N-1st so i said w/e i can ajust to it, got the coolent fixed good this time wewt
Theres 2 little bits you replace in the gear box that fixes the problem. Ill find out what they are called later.