PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injection?

Crazy lil punk
08-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey guys,
I am currently a yfz guy, but I am looking to make the switch to an LTR. Could you please explain to me how the EFI on these bikes works? I know what EFI is, but I need to know how complex and tune-able it is on this specific model. For example, could I plug my lap-top into the EFI system and change fuel maping /configurations and such? Please help!

thanks, Joe

QUADSQUAD7
08-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Suzuki has an excellent EFI system. The LTR fuel injection was based on the same setup used in the GSXR street bikes. It is easy to program your fuel delivery, but you will need an aftermarket, piggyback, programmer such as a powercommander, or a yoshimura PIM. With the PIM you will need the FIMAK from Yosh to program the PIM. I use the PIM and FIMAK on my bike.

miller821
08-12-2008, 01:06 PM
The EFI on these bikes is very user friendly... Like stated you just need to run an aftermarket controller if you plan much engine mods. I use the Powercommander (PCIII) and you simply mount it, download a program for your set up (Easy to find), and plug in. Just like when jetting though, you may not be spot on the first attempt, and it is recommended to get it dyno tested for best results.