PDA

View Full Version : Cam help

TRX_450
08-12-2008, 09:08 AM
ok so after a month of headache and no riding i finally got my 440 put in with my stage 2 hotcams. it runs perfect, but it sounds terrible! ive readjusted the valves 5-6 times and it still ticks horribly. ive got them set at .005 and .006 like the hotcams website says, but it just doesnt seem right, im thinking about trying .004 and .005 but was afraid of hurting something, but theres no way the motor is supposed to have this much valve noise. i know its the valves and not the cam chain so ive already ruled that out. has anybody had this problem before? please help!!!

rooster300ex
08-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Aftermarket cams usually have more valve train noise.

REDRIDDER
08-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I have this same problem, it's weird though cause when i rebuilt it about a year ago or so I forgot when putting the hot cam back in that i had set the valve lash to the stock clearance.I didn't notice it because it was quiet and while one day i was doing rutine maintenance I discovered that the valve lash was at .004 and .005 when with the hot cam it's supposed to be .005 and .006 I adjusted them to the proper clearance and my engine did sound top end noisier but runs great.and still holding it's valve lash nicely thanks to Kibblewhite.