PDA

View Full Version : broken throttle cable?

rmuscle
08-11-2008, 09:16 PM
my son had his first race sunday , was going great he won the first moto in his class and in his second moto he was running second wich would of placed him 1st over all, on his second lap he came off a jump landed and then lost throttle , and had to get towed out. anyway i havent had a chance yet to really look at it yet , but i did take off the throttle cover on bars to see if it was broke and it wasn t , where would i look next , some one told me it could have came off in the card . any info would help

thanks ron

drxracing
08-12-2008, 02:00 AM
check inside the carb were the needle is

odogracing
08-20-2008, 08:31 PM
I too just got done fixing a throttle cable problem myself. The little metal tuble that goes into the top of the Sun World carb was screwed up, it would not stay mounted tight in the hole. Cause the cable to stick WTFO! So, I used a OKO 21 carb cable, and tapped the top of the Sunworld carb and threaded in the cable end. I now have a OKO 21 cable on a Sun World 16! It works great, and has 1/2 the tension while openeing. The downside, is it cost double!

QuadJunkies
08-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by rmuscle
my son had his first race sunday , was going great he won the first moto in his class and in his second moto he was running second wich would of placed him 1st over all, on his second lap he came off a jump landed and then lost throttle , and had to get towed out. anyway i havent had a chance yet to really look at it yet , but i did take off the throttle cover on bars to see if it was broke and it wasn t , where would i look next , some one told me it could have came off in the card . any info would help

thanks ron
We just went threw the exact same thing at the races this past wk end with Brandons,but it turned out to be broken under the cover-luckily it happended in practice.
Thats the 1st one we have broke in a very long time,but Im thinking it might not be a bad idea to buy a back up one now .lol :p

rmuscle
08-22-2008, 06:21 AM
yea ours broke on the end of the single cable that pulls the 2 for the carb and injection but i took the injection off and went with single cable , but i agree i def going to keep one or two in trailer just in case. luckly when it hapened it was his last moto