PDA

View Full Version : Wheels rubbing a-arms

MtnEX
08-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I have plain front rims on right now and they rub the backs of my a-arms when I turn full left or right.

What's up with that?

400exMO
08-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Check your toe settings, might be alittle out. Also check your camber. Another thing people will do is grind down on the steering stem for a tighter turning radius. Check all that or else a bent spindle maybe.

MtnEX
08-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Well, I'll be checking into all that.

I don't think it's toe or camber. The camber looks pretty stock and the toe... if anything is helping... it's gotta be toed in some in the front.

The wheels hit the back of the a-arms... turn all the way left and it's the left wheel that rubs. All the way right and it's the right wheel that rubs.

Is it possible that what I'm thinking is the stock front wheels might not be?....

That's what I have on the brain now. Could be that these wheels have too much negative offset.

Or it could be someone did do something to make it turn sharper.
What would I be looking for there?

400exMO
08-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Yea I didn't think it would be toe or camber, but might as well check them. Check the bottom of the steering stem at the stop to see if they've been ground down. Also check the peice on the frame where the steering stem rides. See if that has been ground down enabiling the steering stem to be turned more than stock.

400exrider707
08-12-2008, 02:13 PM
If toe and camber is set, you may have a steering stem that has been grinded for sharper turning. A true 4:1 wheel still shouldn't do that. You may be better off getting aftermarket fronts, as they will be a touch narrower.

bigredisb
08-12-2008, 07:15 PM
My 07 was delivered to me brand new from the dealer and I also had this. I checked toe and I needed to bring the front in. Never had a problem after that.

MtnEX
08-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I did a quick-check on the toe and if anything I am OVER toed in, which I had already suspected.

I'll look at the stem in a minute.