PDA

View Full Version : 450r shocks help!!!!

budman1
08-10-2008, 09:06 PM
I have the opportunity to buy these 450r shocks for my 07 400ex. I noticed however the monting holes on the bottom shock doesn't match up or align? Is this ok?? Thanks

08-10-2008, 09:28 PM
they just twist shouldnt be a problem

lilyamaharacer4
08-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Dont forgot youll also have to grind down the shock eyes about a eighth of an inch

450Rchaser
08-11-2008, 09:21 AM
If you do get them go ahead and have them resprung and revalved by GT Thunder. Will ride a ton better than stock!!!

Ruby Soho
08-11-2008, 09:57 AM
you dont have to grind the shock eye.

knock the nut off that holes the fender bracket on with a screwdriver, and put a flat head bolt in instead, no need to grind the shock

08-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
you dont have to grind the shock eye.

knock the nut off that holes the fender bracket on with a screwdriver, and put a flat head bolt in instead, no need to grind the shock

mine wouldnt knock off even with a 3lb stone hammer and a punch lol I took the dremel with the little grinding wheels ground the bolt a little as far as i could then it knocked off with the stone hammer and punch. I did grind my shock on the inside edge because the gusset for the shock mounts cut into the shocks. It cut into the shocks only so far but I ground it down a bit where it cut in just so there wasnt any binding that ever occured. As for my fender mounts I JB welded them the 1st time and I guess it was too thin so it broke within 15 minutes of pounding whoops. Then I used zip ties which would break, then I went to zip ties and paper clips twisted through and cut and that held on but its too un professional for me so i'm going to try JB weld again for find someone with a welded to do it. Great upgrade though even without having them rebuilt. Just play with them and tune them in and it will ride pretty darn good.

Ruby Soho
08-11-2008, 12:07 PM
;)