PDA

View Full Version : Back axle.

monkeyballs
08-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Ok I have a honda 400ex 2002.

I just blew my back right bearing. Then this caused more damage to my bearing carrier.

I just got a new carrier but im worried about my axle ont the left side there is absolutely no whearel but on the right side there is a verry small amount of where caused by the bearing that blew.

I am wondering what I should do about this. Any thing at all? I was thinking of putting lock tight (blue the only stuf I have) on it. And I realy dont feel like getting a new shaft.. ty

Exrider434
08-10-2008, 09:16 PM
you want to put loctite on the axle?

justin1022
08-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by monkeyballs
Ok I have a honda 400ex 2002.

I just blew my back right bearing. Then this caused more damage to my bearing carrier.

I just got a new carrier but im worried about my axle ont the left side there is absolutely no whearel but on the right side there is a verry small amount of where caused by the bearing that blew.

I am wondering what I should do about this. Any thing at all? I was thinking of putting lock tight (blue the only stuf I have) on it. And I realy dont feel like getting a new shaft.. ty

just leave it it should be good when u put the axle through the new carrier just check if it has play but i garrenty you it wont.

08-11-2008, 06:29 AM
i have not been too critical as of late, but the spelling, or should i say correct word usage, to this point has been horrendous...typos are a different story than gross misuse or misspelling. even on the internet

"where" in the op's post should be "wear"

"garrenty" should be "guarantee" in the reply...

now after figuring that out, i am still not sure what you are asking/describing. are you saying that the right side has minor damage from running with a bad bearing while the left has none? if that is the case, how bad is the damage to the right side? if it is not bad, clean it up and put everything back together. once together, see if there is any play in the axle. if there is, you may have worn the axle down and it will need replaced. if there is none, then you will be ok. or you could check the run-out with a micrometer or caliper to see if it is within spec. i am not sure what the run out is on a 400ex axle so i can't tell you that. sorry.

blaaze416
08-11-2008, 06:51 AM
At least he used some punctuation. I can deal with bad spelling, as long as I know what they mean.....but when there's bad spelling and no punctuaion (periods, commas., etc.), I just remember that not everyone was so lucky to graduate high school from a national school of excellence....(let alone graduate).

BTW, Locktite?? mmmm, no.

08-11-2008, 06:58 AM
it don't need to be "the national school of excellence"...this is stuff my 7 yr old picked up on as being incorrect...grade school stuff...so much for the presidents no child left behind policy huh...

not that it would work, but i would have expected to be asked about jb weld before loc tite...

blaaze416
08-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
...so much for the presidents no child left behind policy huh...

:uhoh: DOH! (lmao!)

krt400ex
08-11-2008, 08:52 AM
i have not been too critical as of late, but the spelling, or should i say correct word usage, to this point has been horrendous...typos are a different story than gross misuse or misspelling. even on the internet

now after figuring that out, i am still not sure what you are asking/describing. are you saying that the right side has minor damage from running with a bad bearing while the left has none? if that is the case, how bad is the damage to the right side? if it is not bad, clean it up and put everything back together. once together, see if there is any play in the axle. if there is, you may have worn the axle down and it will need replaced. if there is none, then you will be ok. or you could check the run-out with a micrometer or caliper to see if it is within spec. i am not sure what the run out is on a 400ex axle so i can't tell you that. sorry.

you hit the nail on the head. i am getting annoyed with people not using proper spelling or punctuation. run on paragraphs are a PITA to read.

anyway, i agree with what you said about the axle being in spec. that would have been my suggestion

justin1022
08-11-2008, 09:26 AM
so you guys are mad cuz i said where and not wear? lol

08-11-2008, 09:31 AM
it is not just you...there are a lot of people that ask for help and then we have to try to decipher what the poster is trying to say. how hard is it to use the correct spelling and words? i have no problem with it, nor do many others. being young or on the internet is not an excuse. i agree that being on the internet does allow some leeway away from correct grammar adn leaving typos is not as big of a deal. after all it is not a graded paper, but if i am going to help someone, don't make it harder for me by making me try to figure out what you want...

justin1022
08-11-2008, 09:37 AM
adn

ha just messing wit you. ya i get you but ANYWAY i was saying that the axle shouldn't be a problem i rode bout 50km on mine without bearings in it and it was perfect still just all shined up. dont ask why it blew apart in the woods.

monkeyballs
08-11-2008, 06:53 PM

now after figuring that out, i am still not sure what you are asking/describing. are you saying that the right side has minor damage from running with a bad bearing while the left has none? if that is the case, how bad is the damage to the right side? if it is not bad, clean it up and put everything back together. once together, see if there is any play in the axle. if there is, you may have worn the axle down and it will need replaced. if there is none, then you will be ok. or you could check the run-out with a micrometer or caliper to see if it is within spec. i am not sure what the run out is on a 400ex axle so i can't tell you that. sorry. lol uhh ty? Any who, yeh I checked it with a micro m. The right side is no more then 1mm less then the left side. I dont remember the actualy specs but now im not realy worried.. There is almost no "wear" :D. TY. Thought a pm would of been nice. Finally my friend wants 2 sell me his back axle
(+4) for his 450r for 150$ and he said he payed 400. Good deal? peace

monkeyballs
08-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Yeh I agree with you guys that I cant spell.. But there is no need 2 freak out.. Like you guys could also lern to save face.

blaaze416
08-11-2008, 08:21 PM
oh....hey monkeyballs! It's funny when the thread gets so twisted from the original post you have to go back and see who posted it! :huh ......
I wouldn't even worry about it. Some people just have different kinds of issues than others......glad you figured out yours. :cool:

monkeyballs
08-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by blaaze416
oh....hey monkeyballs! It's funny when the thread gets so twisted from the original post you have to go back and see who posted it! :huh ......
I wouldn't even worry about it. Some people just have different kinds of issues than others......glad you figured out yours. :cool:
lol yeh... Now idk if you are being sarcastic. I hope ur not.. Any who, personally I realy dont give how bad my spelling is.. Then its pretty sad how twisted some convos get its almost like some ppl use this form as a way to express there emotions. HA! finally im happy that my problem is just spelling lmao 8-)

blaaze416
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
to know me is to love me.....gotta love sarcasm. Always in good humor though!

monkeyballs
08-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by blaaze416
to know me is to love me.....gotta love sarcasm. Always in good humor though! I love you 2 '-) but seriously all depends how you look at it..