PDA

View Full Version : riding in kentucky

mavrck
08-10-2008, 07:17 PM
looking for some people to ride with i'm about 30mins from lietchfield and/or louiville

smr
08-11-2008, 06:38 AM
try this link

www.kentuckyriders.com

I have meet them a few times at turkey bay, great bunch of guys to ride with.

mavrck
08-12-2008, 05:55 PM
anybody

smr
08-13-2008, 05:56 AM
am I nobody?

mavrck
08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
na, i was just messing around but i tried that forum but i couldn't get on it

smr
08-14-2008, 07:13 AM
you have to register to enter the forums. Most of the people on the forums are from around Louisville. Really nice guys to ride with.

the main page does have a nice were to ride section.

Do you ever ride at clarkston?

mavrck
08-14-2008, 09:32 PM
yeah i go there sometimes but i have good place to ride about 20mins from there and its free.I can't get anybody to go to any new places hardly that is why i'm trying to find some new people to ride with.we are thinking about going somewhere for labor day they want to go to black mtn.but we already been once this year and i just wasn't that impressed.I' m thinking about the badlands or coal creek

smr
08-15-2008, 06:20 AM
have you ever been to Turkey bay?

that's where we will be on Labor day weekend.

Badlands is OK but I don't really think it's worth the drive.

mavrck
08-15-2008, 06:49 PM
i have never been there but my friend has and he liked it. is there plenty of riding as in you won't ride the same trail in a day.i heard that it was as far as black mtn. but i don't see how it took 5hrs to get there for us

smr
08-18-2008, 06:27 AM
turkey bay is a great place to ride. You can ride all weekend and not get bored. The only trail you will most likely ride twice is the main trail. There are so many trial there it's imposible to ride them all in one weekend.

turkey bay is about 2 hours from lietchfield.

mavrck
08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
well me and a friend are taking off thursday and going down for the day i would like to go for the weekend but he's got things to do.if it is as good as you say i going to try to go labor day to.

smr
08-19-2008, 06:21 AM
do the main trail first and that will teach you the terrain. Stay away from the lake, it's real rocky down there and the trails aren't that great.

The main trail makes a loop and most of the good trails are inside the loop.

If you decide to go labor day let me know, I should be there all weekend.

mavrck
08-19-2008, 07:02 PM
alright thanks i'll let you know if i do.I'll be sure to watch out if i get by the lake i hate real rocky terrian it beats me to death on my 450

smr
08-20-2008, 08:28 AM
like I said, stay away from the lake..it's bad. Most of the good trails are inside the main loop.

If you come down labor day weekend look for me. I'll be driving a white F250 pulling a white inclosed v-nosed trailer with the #12 on the door.

I ride a blue yfz450 and my son will be on a yellow and gray 300ex.

I usually camp out by the entrance to stay out of the dust.

mavrck
08-22-2008, 11:02 PM
got back from lbl and wasn't very impressed pretty well had everything rode in 3hrs

z400ACDC
08-27-2008, 07:51 AM
I am thinking about going to LBL Saturday, even if I have to drive down by myself. I may see some of you there.

smr
08-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
I am thinking about going to LBL Saturday, even if I have to drive down by myself. I may see some of you there.

sounds good..I'll be driving a white F250 pulling a white enclosed Trailer with the #12 on the door. I ride a blue yfz450 and my son has a 300ex.

I've been riding there since I was a kid and I think we can find more than 3hrs worth of trails.

mavrck
08-28-2008, 10:10 PM
well good luck i'll stick with black mtn. lbl is alright to take your family to but its just not a place for me and in 3hrs i did ride the park i guess i just don't take as many breaks as some people

fastredrider44
08-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by mavrck
well good luck i'll stick with black mtn. lbl is alright to take your family to but its just not a place for me and in 3hrs i did ride the park i guess i just don't take as many breaks as some people

Sorry dude, but theres no way you rode ALL the trails in 3 hours. We ride hard, and we can't get them all in in a day. Some trails you will inevitably get on more thatn once or twice, but there's a lot of trails that most people don't even see, let alone ride on.

mavrck
09-01-2008, 08:36 PM
yeah your probally right i didn' ride on every inch of the place but but for the most part i covered the majority of it. say what you want to i just wasn't impressed.

fastredrider44
09-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by mavrck
black mtn.but we already been once this year and i just wasn't that impressed.

You said you weren't impressed with black mtn. earlier, but now you seem to love it. All I'm saying is you might have to go more than once before turkey bay grows on you. I didn't like it until I went with someone that knows all the trails. It made the ride totally different.

smr
09-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Sorry dude, but theres no way you rode ALL the trails in 3 hours. We ride hard, and we can't get them all in in a day. Some trails you will inevitably get on more thatn once or twice, but there's a lot of trails that most people don't even see, let alone ride on.

I thought the same thing when I read his post. No way he even came close to covering that place in 3 hrs. I have been riding there for 20 years and I still find places I have never been. We just road for 4 days and road a different area each day. You really have to get off the main trails to ride the good stuff.

Good to finally meet you fastredrider44. Let me know when you are going again and we will try to hook up.

z400ACDC
09-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I have ridden at Turkey Bay over 20 years and I saw a lot of trails saturday that were new to me. You just got to get off that Fire Road! Thanks!

RTJ
09-02-2008, 10:12 PM
3 HOURS, NOOOOOOOOO WAY

smr
09-03-2008, 06:29 AM
I have ridden at Turkey Bay over 20 years and I saw a lot of trails saturday that were new to me. You just got to get off that Fire Road! Thanks!

I agree with you 100%. Most people think turkey bay is just about the three main trails and the trails down by the lake. You get off the main trials and it's like a whole different place.

Pojo450r
09-08-2008, 06:08 PM
if you think u covered turkey bay in 3 hr u must have lost track of time u need to hook up with different people down there and learn the trails u probabaly rode the main loop we try to stay off of it till were ready to go take a break but to each his own

budmc77
09-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Does anyone live in Eastern Kentucky?

smr
09-09-2008, 06:25 AM

Hey Todd..when you gonna ride with us again? I think we are going again this weekend. Gonna have several kids with us so we want be as agresive as we were last time...we will still ride fast enough to have fun.

z400ACDC
09-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by smr
Hey Todd..when you gonna ride with us again? I think we are going again this weekend. Gonna have several kids with us so we want be as agresive as we were last time...we will still ride fast enough to have fun.
Don't hold back buddy! Say what ya feel! I got to ride the kid trails:( :macho :blah: ha ha. I might. My motherinlaw is having surgery tomorrow. I will know later in the week. THANKS!

smr
09-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Don't hold back buddy! Say what ya feel! I got to ride the kid trails:( :macho :blah: ha ha. I might. My motherinlaw is having surgery tomorrow. I will know later in the week. THANKS!

Hey..you had no trouble keeping up last time. Everytime I looked back you was right there. Considering you was the only one on a 400 and the rest was on 450's thats pretty impressive. I was just warning you encase you came down expecting to ride like we did last time.

z400ACDC
09-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by smr
Hey..you had no trouble keeping up last time. Everytime I looked back you was right there. Considering you was the only one on a 400 and the rest was on 450's thats pretty impressive. I was just warning you encase you came down expecting to ride like we did last time.
Thanks for letting me keep my manhood. I will let you know.