PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Riders (Near DC)

Maryland 400EX
12-06-2002, 11:02 AM
There's some Primetime Riding in this area... I Would like to get a group of guys together and show them real quad territory! My group already consists of 10 quads and we ride power lines, train tracks or highway median strips to get to different hot spots in a 10 mile radius. Feel free to PM me.

12gofast
12-06-2002, 04:40 PM
where are you at

DoctorRags
12-08-2002, 05:13 PM
Where you at it Maryland. I am from Gaithersburg (15 miles north DC) and ride regularly with 3 other riders. I know at least 5 other riders that would also be interested in getting together.

Just wondering if the riding area you are talking about is the Pits in Laurel.

Pappy
12-08-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by DoctorRags
Just wondering if the riding area you are talking about is the Pits in Laurel.

haha...i am forever banned from there...lmao.....the police have my name...licsence # and tag numbers:devil

Maryland 400EX
12-09-2002, 03:58 PM
What a coincedence, I work in Gaithersburg... I'm talking about riding in the Upper Marlboro/ Clinton area. If you and your friends get the chance, come on down and I'll show you guys some fantastic trail riding. E-Mail me at Garyzworld@aol.com

goldfish
12-09-2002, 08:03 PM
Im in westminster, and i'd love to go riding someplace on a weekend. But of course my only method of transportation is my dad so i'll have to ask him. I know like 2-3 other people that might want to come but i dont know how much we can shove into my dads small truck and trailer...

Pappy
12-09-2002, 08:04 PM
westminster is like 10 minutes from me:p

not2hi
12-10-2002, 07:19 AM
As soon as the weather breaks here, we're in...(i'm the Dad to which Goldfish was referring to)...I'd also like to go back to SM ATV park if it ever reopens.

Pappy, if you are interested, we are also planning a trip to a private track near Fred-neck this spring.

YLW400
12-10-2002, 07:32 AM
I need to get up with you guys sometime for a ride. I am over here in Delaware.:rolleyes:

Pappy
12-10-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by not2hi
Pappy, if you are interested, we are also planning a trip to a private track near Fred-neck this spring.

if its the one in thurmont ...i will have to pass. not a bad spot mind you....but 3 trips there netted me three flats......and i only rode the mx track:eek:

but if your interested in any trips to mountaineer ....breezewood......tower city......the landing mx.....hatfield mccoy....let me know!!!!:D

bertman
12-12-2002, 09:12 PM
you guys ever ridden Cardinal dr in manassas , at the 95 and 234 exit ? What is the breezewood place like , I've heard about it but havent been able to find out any details ...

00400EX
12-14-2002, 07:30 PM
I RODE CARDNAL DR FOR YEARS. BEST RIDING IN THE STATE. BUT HAVENT BEEN THERE IN A COUPLE OF YEARS . HEARD IT WAS BASICALLY SHUT DOWN. HOPE NOT . WISH SOMEONE COULD FIND OUT FOR SHURE, I WOULD RIDE THERE EVERY WEEKEND.

BRIAN:D

bertman
12-14-2002, 11:59 PM
brian,
? are you located in N. VA , thats where I am , we ride there all the time .. You just have to know where to park . Thats the only time anyone has ever said anything to us , lots of people still ride . where do you usually ride around here ? I'll try to let you know next time we are going , we usually have anywhere from 5 to 20 bikes with us at a time

4punksdad
12-15-2002, 02:47 AM
let me know when the next cardinal drive ride is. I might join you. I too used to spend lots of time there.

yellow_ho_01
12-15-2002, 06:48 AM
ive been to cardnal acouple times.... but i stopped going after i had a couple other friends get tickets out there. now i ride in a couple places south of stafford.

bertman
12-15-2002, 08:06 AM
didnt they shut stafford down also, are you talking about the spot that goes between 95 ?

Sportrax 400EX
12-16-2002, 07:59 AM
There are tons of places near Stafford and Fredericksburg. We go to a place off of Rt 17 in the woods behind GEICO. Has some pretty good high speed trails to. Massaponax has a few good spots also. By the way where is a safe place to park at for Cardinal drive? I haven't been there in a while because i heard it got busted. Although I hear it's cool now if you park in the right places.

D.

4punksdad
12-16-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax 400EX
There are tons of places near Stafford and Fredericksburg. We go to a place off of Rt 17 in the woods behind GEICO. Has some pretty good high speed trails to. Massaponax has a few good spots also. By the way where is a safe place to park at for Cardinal drive? I haven't been there in a while because i heard it got busted. Although I hear it's cool now if you park in the right places.

D.

2 of my buddies got criminal trespass tickets behind geico.

Sportrax 400EX
12-17-2002, 05:13 AM
4 punks, I heard the cops bust there sometimes to. We don't ride there much because of that but the trails are awesome so we risk it from time to time. you just have to know where to park. :)

For the most part we ride near widewater in Stafford or at Massaponnax. There are some nice jumps and hills to climb there and we have yet to see a cop ever. There is a little MX style track off of 17 that we hit now and then also. They have a pretty good table top and some doubles. the woods trails are cool to but very muddy. I'd like to go up to Cardinal drive more but need to get the low down on where to park. :)

bertman
12-17-2002, 08:24 AM
we need to try and set up a ride there , if I tell you guys where to park it may not be much of a help because you would still have to know how to cut across to cardinal dr, we park all the way over on dale blvd

Sportrax 400EX
12-17-2002, 08:28 AM
Parking behind the hotel/7-11 there on 234 is bad? Like in that dirt area?

D.

Motocox
12-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Yea, You don't want to park behind the 7-11 and the motel. They have also bulldozed a huge hole on the trail so you can't get a truck back there. But if you park off of Dale Blvd no one can see your truck.

Eben
KTM 200

4punksdad
12-18-2002, 04:05 AM
when I used to live in dale city I could ride from my house on forestdale, cross dale blvd, and hit the trails from there. Or we used to cut in behind the k-mart on dale blvd.

Sportrax 400EX
12-18-2002, 04:36 AM
I have heard about K-Mart also, but hear the cops ticket you there now. Maybe i can find a "soccer mom" to drop me off so i don't have to park. :)

bertman
12-18-2002, 01:05 PM
4 punks, now your on the right track , you get in and get out from dale blvd down by the kmart ,, we actually rode there last night till about 8or 9 , that cannondale is unreal !!!! maybe we can set something up soon , **** I might even know you if your from this area down here and rode there alot !!!!

4punksdad
12-18-2002, 04:26 PM
bertman,,,,,,,,we might know each other, but I doubt it. I never was one to stop & chat with strangers on the trail. Especially when trespassing :o

you coming out to front royal to ride this sunday?

BIG ORANGE
12-18-2002, 07:28 PM
Hey , you can count me in!!:p ;) :D

4punks...do you ride at your place EVERY w-end? I have been looking at your pix and would love to come over and check out some of your trails. Just cant do it THIS w-end....toooo much shopping left to do! :mad: :huh :eek:

Sportrax 400EX
12-19-2002, 04:29 AM
Do you guys park down by the McDonalds?

bertman
12-19-2002, 02:33 PM
ya , you gotta be careful when you r going in and out though, do you know how to get to cardinal from there ? Where are you in N VA.

4punksdad
12-20-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by BIG ORANGE
Hey , you can count me in!!:p ;) :D

4punks...do you ride at your place EVERY w-end? I have been looking at your pix and would love to come over and check out some of your trails. Just cant do it THIS w-end....toooo much shopping left to do! :mad: :huh :eek:

bag the shopping.............lets RIDE

AtvMxRider
12-20-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

haha...i am forever banned from there...lmao.....the police have my name...licsence # and tag numbers:devil

Whodlum!:blah :devil

Sportrax 400EX
12-27-2002, 05:07 AM
I'm in Alexandria.

4punksdad
12-27-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Sportrax 400EX
I'm in Alexandria.

join us for our saturday ride this week...........front royal isn't far away :D

Sportrax 400EX
12-27-2002, 05:39 AM
No ride on Sunday this week? I might be able to do Sunday. Saturday I promised the kids I'd put together all the crap they got for Christmas. :)
Me and a few friends were talking about trying to get out your way some time soon. Looks like you ave some nice trails out your way.

D.

4punksdad
12-27-2002, 05:42 AM
I will probably ride both days. but I think wyndzer and pappy might be coming out on saturday, so I invited all the guys that day. If you show up on sunday............its less likely we will have a crowd.

Sportrax 400EX
12-27-2002, 05:45 AM
The regulars I ride with total 5 including myself so even if it was just us coming out it might make for a decent group. Let me know if you decide to go sunday to and I'll see if I can get the guys to come out.

D.

4punksdad
12-27-2002, 05:46 AM
ok let me think about it......................

ok, I decided to ride sunday too!

Sportrax 400EX
12-27-2002, 05:48 AM
When you get a sec PM me your address and I'll put it into map quest. I'll try to get back on tomorrow also to let you know for sure if we'll be out there.

D.

Dirty400ex
12-28-2002, 08:58 AM
4PunksDad, Haven't I seen you over on Sea-Doo.net? I'm in Maryland near Baltimore. Damn I wish I had the places to ride like you do! Great pics!

4punksdad
12-29-2002, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Dirty400ex
4PunksDad, Haven't I seen you over on Sea-Doo.net? I'm in Maryland near Baltimore. Damn I wish I had the places to ride like you do! Great pics!

I will check out sea-doo.net
we are riding today at noon if you wanna give it a try.
hit me with a PM if you need directions.

4punksdad
12-29-2002, 07:03 AM
.a pic from yesterday :D

bertman
12-29-2002, 09:17 PM
sport 400 , ? in Alex. thats where I am from and alot of the people I ride with still live down there , I'm from woodlawn, mt vernon area, 4 punks, still workn on getn my crap together and get up there , would like to get some more time on this cannondale ...

4punksdad
12-29-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by bertman
sport 400 , ? in Alex. thats where I am from and alot of the people I ride with still live down there , I'm from woodlawn, mt vernon area, 4 punks, still workn on getn my crap together and get up there , would like to get some more time on this cannondale ...

we should be doing it again next weekend

kaneman23
12-30-2002, 07:06 PM
I have been trying to get you down to 234 for the last year!! My brother in law and I both live right off 234 so we can hit the trails from our house. However, there isn't much parking in his neighborhood. Behind the Hampton Inn or at the Econo lodge is a good spot. Lately, I have seen several trucks parking on the service road behind the shell and exxon. The best place to park is in a neighborhood off of Benita Fitzgerald Dr(right off of Dale Blvd). There is a trail that leads to Cardinal drive. You can either stay on the cardinal drive side or cross to the 234 side. We have been out there almost every friday and saturday night up until last month. Both of us have started to tear our bikes down for rebuilds.

234 is being eaten up by all of the construction but there are still a few good riding places. If you cross Rte 1 you can go all the way down to the river. It's a beautiful ride, but also risky on that side because there are some nesting bald eagles on the powerlines., so the Rangers patrol frequently(Ive never seen them). I think the cops only patrol the trails during the summer because I haven't seen their van w/trailer and quads lately. Also, they ride utilities, so they can't catch you unless you wreck or break down. I've only been chased once and it wasn't even close. :D

4punksdad
12-31-2002, 04:06 AM
justin..........I though you fell off the earth! Good to hear from ya. Mauricio has been out a few times & he was here on sunday. He claims he is coming back next weekend too. We can all hook up for a 234 ride whenever you want. We are just worried about parking someplace un-cool & coming out of the woods to find the cops leaning against our truck :D.

drop me an e-mail if you want to ride.

Sportrax 400EX
12-31-2002, 04:35 AM
If you guys don't mind i'd love to join you for the 234 ride. Fill us in if you decide to set something up.

D.

4punksdad
12-31-2002, 04:36 AM
I don't mind a bit.........I guess we should use this thread to set a date.

Sportrax 400EX
12-31-2002, 04:38 AM
I'll see what dates i have the kids this month and post them. Hopefully one of the free weekends I have will work for you guys.

Thanks
D.

kaneman23
12-31-2002, 02:56 PM
I haven't been on the board much lately. I had a bunch of stuff going on at home and with my job. I would like to ride out to your place again soon. My POS is starting to show it's age and is begging for a rebuild..haha.. What is Mauricio up to? I haven't talked to him in months. Take care and hope to see ya soon.

Justin

bertman
01-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Dont do the hampton in , my buddies parked there last weekend and when they came out to load up they all got tickets , what time you guys plan on going this sat ? Maybe I can meet you somewhere back there at a certain time or something ...

4punksdad
01-01-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by bertman
Dont do the hampton in , my buddies parked there last weekend and when they came out to load up they all got tickets , what time you guys plan on going this sat ? Maybe I can meet you somewhere back there at a certain time or something ...

i will be riding in front royal this weekend..........maybe 234 next weekend?

lakotagal
07-21-2003, 03:12 PM
Just an FYI on 234 / Dale City...The Prince William County Police and Sheriffs are not playing anymore about illegal riding on 234. A guy we know was busted behing the 7-11. It was his 1st offense. His bike is in storage ($63.00 a day) until his court date and he has to pay a $200 trespassing fine. He is looking at $1800 to get his bike back!! :eek:

The cops are saying they are tired of warning people to stay off those trails. No more warnings - they will fine you and take your stuff. :(

chrchofdrt
07-21-2003, 03:48 PM
i have not read all the replies, any other good spots??? i have a few and a ramp if anyone is interested. just have to find or build a suitable landing.
i live in stafford Va.
PM me if you want to go ride.

landon

kaneman23
07-22-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by lakotagal
Just an FYI on 234 / Dale City...The Prince William County Police and Sheriffs are not playing anymore about illegal riding on 234. A guy we know was busted behing the 7-11. It was his 1st offense. His bike is in storage ($63.00 a day) until his court date and he has to pay a $200 trespassing fine. He is looking at $1800 to get his bike back!! :eek:

The cops are saying they are tired of warning people to stay off those trails. No more warnings - they will fine you and take your stuff. :(

Where did you get your info?

lakotagal
07-24-2003, 03:10 PM
From the guy who's bike (KFX 700) is sitting in the impound lot.

I am sure he feels like this ------ > :mad:

Just doesn't sound like it is worth it anymore, unless you have permission.

kaneman23
07-25-2003, 01:52 AM
Lakota,

That sucks for your friend! Last year I had a riding buddy that was caught riding there and they impounded his quad. They just charged $250.00 to get it out and I believe it was a $100.00 trespassing fine. I used to ride there twice a week(2 years ago)but I've never seen any police. However, I met the 2 police officers that patrol the trails. They park in a remote location and patrol the trails on Honda Recons. I saw them filling up gas at the police station over on Rte 1 so I stopped to talk to them. I asked them about the trails and they said if you had written permission from the land owner you could ride back there(they wouldn't give me the owner's name). He then pointed at the traffic light off of Cardinal Drive where there was a flat bed towing 3 ATV's and a couple of dirtbikes they had just impounded! He told me that he would impound my quad if I was caught! I don't know about you guys but I'm not stopping for no Honda Recon and there is no way they're keeping up.....:D Seriously, I don't ride there much anymore after talking to those officers because it just isn't worth it to me. I still have friends that ride that area and will continue to do so... I've got too much to lose if I'm caught..

chrchofdrt
07-25-2003, 04:35 AM
it wont stop me from riding there either but i have a few other good spots for now and that is a last resort place to ride. but i agree, i dont think a recon could keep up with my bike or my quad. but you know im a law abiding citizen and of course i would stop to let them give me a ticket.

ride on
for the locals i hear 17 is still open and i got permission to park at a buddies in quantico and ride the trails and track by his house.

kaneman23
07-25-2003, 05:25 AM
We are going to have to hook up for a ride when I get my quad back together...

chrchofdrt
07-25-2003, 08:31 AM
cool let me know when its done, i should be trying a new spot this weekend, and im going to hit rt 17 and massaponix also and maybe the private track if i have time.

4punksdad
07-25-2003, 02:12 PM
my quad is growing cobb webs...............all work and no play makes joe a dull boy :(

chrchofdrt
07-25-2003, 02:44 PM
hey joe i wa going to call you, butim broke so i got no gas money for my pig of a truck.but this sounds serious cobwebs on your quad is never a good thing. i planned on riding tomorrow and sunday. tomorrow i was going to either rt 17 or the new spot i rode two weekes ago (track in the woods) two seperate sets of trails and one small hill climb. and sunday well a bunch of us are getting together but we dont know where we are riding mabe masaponix but thats not for sure.i would really like to come up there and ride. i need to get the wife and kids out of the house.they usually dont go with me when i go with the boys. what did you have in mind? sunday? your place? i might have a few guys with me on sunday me and 3-5 others. whats good for you man? let me know. i would call you but its almost 10

landon 540 657 2338

kaneman23
07-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by chrchofdrt
cool let me know when its done, i should be trying a new spot this weekend, and im going to hit rt 17 and massaponix also and maybe the private track if i have time.

I definitely will! Keep in touch. My email is jkane71@comcast.net

kaneman23
07-25-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
my quad is growing cobb webs...............all work and no play makes joe a dull boy :(

I haven't rode much since the last time I rode with YOU! That was well over a year ago.. WAAY TOO LONG.. When I get my POS back together we are going to have to Ride. I will bring Mauricio too.. How are things going?

4punksdad
07-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by kaneman23
I haven't rode much since the last time I rode with YOU! That was well over a year ago.. WAAY TOO LONG.. When I get my POS back together we are going to have to Ride. I will bring Mauricio too.. How are things going?

things are going well. This is my busy time of year for work and I am swamped. Mauricio has been out here about a dozen times to ride but his bike was apart the last time I spoke with him. He should have it back together by now. I have to work today, but maybe we can ride next weekend?

4punksdad
07-26-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by chrchofdrt
hey joe i wa going to call you, butim broke so i got no gas money for my pig of a truck.but this sounds serious cobwebs on your quad is never a good thing. i planned on riding tomorrow and sunday. tomorrow i was going to either rt 17 or the new spot i rode two weekes ago (track in the woods) two seperate sets of trails and one small hill climb. and sunday well a bunch of us are getting together but we dont know where we are riding mabe masaponix but thats not for sure.i would really like to come up there and ride. i need to get the wife and kids out of the house.they usually dont go with me when i go with the boys. what did you have in mind? sunday? your place? i might have a few guys with me on sunday me and 3-5 others. whats good for you man? let me know. i would call you but its almost 10

landon 540 657 2338

if you want to bring the wife & kids out sometime before school starts that would be great. I am sure my punks would enjoy riding with some other kids. The women can do whatever they do while we supervise the kids :)

kaneman23
07-27-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
things are going well. This is my busy time of year for work and I am swamped. Mauricio has been out here about a dozen times to ride but his bike was apart the last time I spoke with him. He should have it back together by now. I have to work today, but maybe we can ride next weekend?

Sounds good to me. I would like to replace my clutch this weekend and I have a 416 kit on the way. If I can atleast get the clutch in, I may take you up on your offer! Keep in touch.

Later,

Justin

lakotagal
07-30-2003, 03:25 PM
Yea - sounds like 234 is just a trap anymore. I guess we are lucky - one of the guys we ride with has permission from the land owner, but he rarely rides anymore :( So lately it has been Taskers Gap (dented my rims & put a good dent in my A-arm 2nd day I had my Lakota) and Green Ridge up in Maryland...harder packing up & driving 2 hours rather than 10 minutes.

I see lots of people over off of Rt 17 in Falmouth riding. We drive past it every week on the way to my mother-in-laws. My hubby was down there a couple months ago having fun on the table tops. There is some kind of construction going on right next door -houses we think...hmmmmm. :ermm:

yellow_ho_01
07-31-2003, 12:32 AM
just s thought,... i have been going to the "track" off rt 17 since it was nothing but i circle in the field. last i heard the owner( a good friend) DOES NOT want anyone back there unless he knows you. he has had TOO many people coming back there without permission,.. and if you have not noticed,.. there are about 10 NO TRESPASSING signs you have to go by to get in there. I would recomend staying away from there. ... and yes, you probbly have been seeing people there riding... but like i said, unless you know him and are a friend, i wouldnt bother triing!!

chrchofdrt
07-31-2003, 02:54 AM
my buddy is friends with gene and told me the same thing. i found a ton of other spots to ride one is a way better track with a ton of doubles. i also found out about some other trails off rt17 that my friends have been riding.they must be good because they have not been at the usual riding spots.

yellow_ho_01
07-31-2003, 02:58 AM
gene is a great guy, and i dont blame him one bit for not allowing people in, no one listens to what he says. ive riden at a couple other places on 17, one being on the powerlines between 95 and rt1, another being about 5 miles west on 17 from 95,.. but that one was mostly private,.. with a pipeline,.. and riding on the river. wheres this track at that you mentioned... ? if you got aol IM me at pray4th

kaneman23
07-31-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by lakotagal
Yea - sounds like 234 is just a trap anymore. I guess we are lucky - one of the guys we ride with has permission from the land owner, but he rarely rides anymore :( So lately it has been Taskers Gap (dented my rims & put a good dent in my A-arm 2nd day I had my Lakota) and Green Ridge up in Maryland...harder packing up & driving 2 hours rather than 10 minutes.

I see lots of people over off of Rt 17 in Falmouth riding. We drive past it every week on the way to my mother-in-laws. My hubby was down there a couple months ago having fun on the table tops. There is some kind of construction going on right next door -houses we think...hmmmmm. :ermm:

I just now noticed that you are from Woodbridge. I used to live in the Featherstone area but I moved to Dumfries(234 area) over 2 years ago.

kaneman23
07-31-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by yellow_ho_01
gene is a great guy, and i dont blame him one bit for not allowing people in, no one listens to what he says. ive riden at a couple other places on 17, one being on the powerlines between 95 and rt1, another being about 5 miles west on 17 from 95,.. but that one was mostly private,.. with a pipeline,.. and riding on the river. wheres this track at that you mentioned... ? if you got aol IM me at pray4th

Are the powerlines between 95 and Rte1 near Quantico? I saw a bunch of dirtbikes come out of the woods and cross Rte 1 last weekend.

yellow_ho_01
07-31-2003, 06:33 AM
the ones im talking about are on rt 17,.. where are you talking about

kaneman23
07-31-2003, 07:12 AM
the ones im talking about are on rt 17,.. where are you talking about

These are a few miles before the quantico exit on Rte1 going South(maybe stafford co). They came out of the woods on the 95 side and crossed the road and into a parking lot where they hit another trail system. I was in awe because there were about 10 bikes and I haven't road in forever!

Have we road together? I think you met me at my brother in laws house and road with us on 234 last year?

yellow_ho_01
07-31-2003, 07:21 AM
i still can think of where you are talking about... you ar e talking about south of the base, on rt 1,... before garrisonville rd?.... yes we rode togather, with wishertdf.... when i had the yellow polaris.

lakotagal
07-31-2003, 02:35 PM
just s thought,... i have been going to the "track" off rt 17 since it was nothing but i circle in the field. last i heard the owner( a good friend) DOES NOT want anyone back there unless he knows you. he has had TOO many people coming back there without permission,.. and if you have not noticed,.. there are about 10 NO TRESPASSING signs you have to go by to get in there. I would recomend staying away from there. ... and yes, you probbly have been seeing people there riding... but like i said, unless you know him and are a friend, i wouldnt bother triing!!

Hi yellow -
I never got a chance to ride down there at Gene's. Probably won't now. I showed hubby your message - he was down there in December or January, so it prb wasn't that crowded. Said some guys started a fire in a big barrel & everyone stood around & shot the sh*t. We totally respect the fact he wants to keep the crowds down.

yellow_ho_01
07-31-2003, 03:24 PM
last time i was there to ride was jan,.... since then a guy has died out there.

4punksdad
07-31-2003, 03:28 PM
no place like home :D

kaneman23
07-31-2003, 03:34 PM
i still can think of where you are talking about... you ar e talking about south of the base, on rt 1,... before garrisonville rd?.... yes we rode togather, with wishertdf.... when i had the yellow polaris.

Yes it's South of the base. There is also a small parking lot for a few small businesses... It's kind of close to the Jesus statue also.

I thought that was you! How is wishertdf? Do you still have that Polaris. That thing was a freakin Beast.. Do you still have the tape of us jumping that hill @ the construction site? Dude, we need to ride again soon! What are you doing on Sat? My quad needs some work but I will ride that ***** anyway..

3x440ex
08-01-2003, 12:34 AM
Hey DJ......last time i talked to you, you were selling your quad. i thought for sure you had gotten rid of it by now. i have been riding Massaponicks lately, we should hook up there.

yellow_ho_01
08-01-2003, 01:08 AM
i would like to sell it,... but i havent been advertising it much. I wont be around much longer, i go back to maine aug 27,. FOR GOOD. ive been really busy lately with packing and all that fun stuff. and alos getting my medical and dental taken care of,... yesturay i just got my 4 wisdom teeth pulled,.. it doesnt seem to hurt as much as everyone said,.. i took one percaset ( i dont know how you spell it) yesturday,.... and they dont hurt at all.

chrchofdrt
08-01-2003, 05:05 AM
the track and trails i was talking about are off telegraph road then you turn on widewater and they are a few miles down. you have to know where to park.i have a new spot off 610 and someone wants me to ride some trails off 17 somewhere off
holly?something? road.i might check it out this weekend.i have to get someone to watch the kids cause the wife is in tahoe.

yellow_ho_01
08-01-2003, 05:40 AM
i think i know what track and trails you are talking about, the trails are fine,.. and the track is cool,... but i belive the owner doesnt want either anyone on it,.. or atleast NO quads on it...

250rmike
08-01-2003, 10:01 AM
4 punks when i get some tires that are suitable for riding in the woods me and my dd are gonna have to take a trip down to your house i love all the pics from your rides and wanna go real bad.

i wanna ride in the pits near laurel so bad that place is huge. but theres no where safe to park. we were told by some people that they had ermission to park behind some industrial buildings but you have to drive accross the roads to get there and every time i have been there i have seen a bunch of cops.

has anyone ever been to patuxant(sp) trails there nice near odenton or bloody pond near brooklyn off of ft. smallwood road(prolly havent been here unless you live close to it.

08-01-2003, 10:26 AM
better watch it there also Mike, I know a guy who busted back there ..:(

3x440ex
08-01-2003, 01:54 PM
It's holly corner rd. There's on ton of trails back there. My parents live back there so i don't have to worry about finding a place to park. I havn't been back there in a while since they started cracking down on all the quads that were tearing up the river banks where the canoers camp.

I heard there was a track in Manassas off of Prince William parkway and 234. If it's true i want to check that out...i heard it was sweet.

250rmike
08-02-2003, 03:38 AM
where dave yea people get busted everywhere i ride but its the only places i got within reasonable drive for a few hours of riding. we used to ride on the oposite end of ft. smallwood but they put a golf course on the one side we rode on and 400,000$+houses on the other side

chrchofdrt
08-02-2003, 02:30 PM
i guess the guys i know have a good spot because they go down there alot and have not got in trouble yet, and yellow i have a rm 125 also that i rode on the widewater track after eating the bars on my quad.

Turtle
08-21-2003, 04:57 PM
any places anyone knows to ride? Haven't heard anything on here in a while. Kurt - i am from around the howard county area