View Full Version : 400ex Loose Caliper Mount

outcastcolt
08-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Ok I have a 1999 honda 400ex that bought about a month ago. I was going through tighting bolts and just doing routinge maintance. When I came to the rear caliper mount I noticed that there was substantial amount of play in the mount. The one thing that I need to know is this possibly an incorrect part or just possibly has to much wear and tear.

I am posting a video to show you what I am talking about.

Thanks,

Youtube video of Rear Brake Caliper Mount (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kKla2OQaDY)

drew416ex
08-10-2008, 12:30 PM
looks worn out to me. There is also a o-ring that goes inbetween the caliper mount and carrier that could be gone.

outcastcolt
08-10-2008, 12:40 PM
I went back and double checked for the oring. There was no oring, but with the oring in place how much play would be reduced.

Ruby Soho
08-10-2008, 02:18 PM
mine has play up and down, try rapping some tape or somehting around the peice that bolts to the swingarm (in the middle)

its not a problem really.

justin1022
08-10-2008, 03:34 PM
mine has about the same amount of play but its becuause my bearings blew out a ways from home and by the time i got home the carrier was honed out the spacer in there was about 1mm thick and streched right alogn the axle!