PDA

View Full Version : Motor building

DesertRat2478
08-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Just posting to ask which engine builder do you guys recommend that does fabulous rotax engine work can make the motor on the ds450 really come alive and pull like a freight train???

Reason why I ask Is that I'm planning on purchasing one of these bikes in the next few months aiming to get the 09 mx version (cool looking bike) whenever they come out.

And from what I read on various sites is that the motor doesn't seem to put out that many ponies as the other bikes do in race form. So thats why I decided to see if anyone on here knows of any known or independent engine builders that can make the motor come alive more.

WesDS450X
08-10-2008, 01:10 PM
trust me it will put out as many ponies! cut the pink wire on yea 09 if they include that on that model

fastford
08-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Slip on, stock filter and "snip" beats 4 of 5 Hondas with HRC kits.

racerMX
08-17-2008, 06:50 PM
We have a full list of parts for your ds450. We have been working on the quad for a full year and have made tons of progress. We have all the different pipes, an air filter system, compleat intake system, power commanders, pistons and cams. Plus a great flowing port design for the head. Any questions just ask. I don't like to talk HP numbers but you can be anywhere from 45-58 depending on your money situation.

TM Motorsports

www.myspace.com/tonymommone

BasicBajaX
08-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I would get in contact with Mrhorsepower. He has the skills with the rotax DS650 to make it the fastest single four stroke in the country for the past four years, against the fastest....He has already cracked open the 450 and knows what he would be capable of doing with the design of the engine. It's looking very promising...

Off-Road Maniac
08-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by DesertRat2478
Just posting to ask which engine builder do you guys recommend that does fabulous rotax engine work can make the motor on the ds450 really come alive and pull like a freight train???

both DASA and Rage have been working with the factory MX team all season long.

tuefelhunden
08-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Rossier Engineering has done a lot of work on them
Rossier (http://www.rossiereng.com/products.php?category=403000)