PDA

View Full Version : i need quik answer 2 this header pipe question

S.A.J
08-09-2008, 08:31 PM
okay heres my delima,im get my 400(the 01) made into a 440 wth 12:5:1 n cam n port n polish n so i gota get an exhaust system since i only gots a slip on...now my question,can if id get a fmf hi-flow header wld it fit my t-4 slip on cuz if it wld id save myself a buncha money n i wldnt hav 2 buy a whole exhaust system or if n e one has ne ideas or knows of a good used exhaust system or headers or knows wat fits wat id RLY apreciate it cuz id like 2 hav it here by end next week cuz he'll prolly hav it done thn n thn need 2 tune it for me n i need it asap thn...so yeah much thanks in advance

peace out

BlackTrx440ex
08-09-2008, 08:52 PM
hey man to tell you the truth i had a 400 built more than ures and i only ran a yoshimura slip on exhaust and it ran great, no problems at all just needs to be jetted just right.

S.A.J
08-09-2008, 09:14 PM
yeah i know itd run wth just the slip on but the guy thts doing it for me said it wld b betr n id get alot more outa it if i wld run a header though....do u think a pro curcuit header wld fit it,cuz the slipon is made 2 go wth the stock header pipe so do u think it wld fit an aftermarket header?

Chin_Chilla
08-10-2008, 03:27 PM
First of all I can't read half of what you are typing. If I read everything correctly, you want to install a slip-on pipe on an aftermarket head pipe.

To answer your question, you first need to understand a few terms here. First is slip-on. The reason it's called a ''slip-on'' is because it's made to slip-on your stock header, hence the name ''slip-on''.

The only aftermarket header I know of that will work with a slip on is the FMF Powerbomb, it's the same diameter as a stock head pipe. Other than that, most of the aftermarket ones won't fit.

Also it looks like you need to go back to kindergarden and learn to spell...

S.A.J
08-10-2008, 09:22 PM
thank you very much for the info i rly apreciate the tech information n about the other stuff,my apologys,i txt round 5000 a month and wen you text u try 2 make it as short as posible plus i nevr learned 2 type so add tht all up and you get this mumbo jumbo stuff i type,and ima 8th grade drop out(yeah i was tht smart) and tht may add 2 it but i aint ashamed of it and seems 2 me you got wat i was saying fine cuz u gave me the answer i needed and thank you very much for it,you prolly saved me round $200 so yup thanks man... peace

400exrider707
08-11-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm pretty certain the FMF headers are NOT the same diameter as the stock ones. The FMF slip-ons have an insert that goes in the midpipe to mount to the stock head pipe to take up the extra room. The FMF headpipes are among the most universal for this reason, so if you were to get one, I'd go with an FMF hi-flow. (not a fan of the powerbomb). I'm pretty sure the Pro-circuit and others use a different pipe for a slip on, than they do with a full system.