PDA

View Full Version : ? About installing rath racing nerfs?

08450ER
08-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey ok,

So I installed my rath racing monster pro peg nerfs a little while ago. It says you have to drill holes. I drilled holes on each side of pegs and put a bolt and a locknut so it doesn't slide of where the footpegs are. Now, do you also have to drill to holes up front where it attaches to the front mount?, so that it doesn't slide off the front mount or is it long enough to where it wont come off??

allstock
08-09-2008, 02:00 PM
its optional. you really dont need it

laeger2fiddyr
08-09-2008, 06:37 PM
i didnt do mine last year but i did this year. just incase!!!

08450ER
08-09-2008, 08:33 PM
I rode around with these things on and all I can say is wow. I major difference in feeling. I feel as though I can shift my weight better because of the monster pegs and i can put my foot way out on the peg and lean my *** over. Those pegs are razor sharp!! Don't want you foot to slip off.

Is it weird for yall the first time you rode a quad with nerfs. Does it take some getting use too, not being able to put your foot down on the ground.. It's kinda weird..

08-10-2008, 07:01 AM
I didn't put the bolt through the peg shaft or up front. The heal nets are bolted to the subrame and peg. As for upfront, I had to use a rubber mallet hitting the nerfs with a rag in between to get them on. I would hang that thing by the ceiling attatched to the nerfs and would have no worries whatsoever about them comming off. Just remember, those pegs are aluminum, they are going to wear down pretty quick.

Dave400ex
08-10-2008, 09:26 AM
I would at least put the one through the peg shaft. I have it front and rear on mine and it is more solid.

The pegs actually are not aluminum, they are stainless. They hold up very well! You have to take a hammer or grinder to dull them if you don't want them so sharp.

08450ER
08-10-2008, 09:56 AM
I know dude. they are like freaking razors. Its going to suck if you slip off those things!!

gcart2
08-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by 08450ER
I know dude. they are like freaking razors. Its going to suck if you slip off those things!!

i love it.:)

they leave a hurtin on your boots though :scary: