PDA

View Full Version : Killswitch working in reverse ... :s

JohnBeton
08-09-2008, 09:01 AM
When I bought my trx I got a killswitch with it, but it wasn't connected. The wires were cut and the guy told me he didn't have time to reconnect them.

So now I connected them and the killswitch works in the opposit way... So when I pull out the killswitch the engine runs. When I plug it back in, it stalls ...

I know there are normally open and normally closed switches. I don't know which one this is, but the guy I bought the quad from told me it worked normal before.

Is he just fooling me or did I connect it wrong ?

Dave83
08-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Is this a pro design style switch or one of the ones that has the rubber stopper for a "key"?Shouldnt matter,if it has 2 wires.One should go to groung(I go straight to the frame) and the other needs to tie into the black wire (hot side) of the coil.Sounds to me like you have spliced the hot wire only thru your switch.hence,when its pulled out or closed,hot wire is made and it will run.Remember,if it is a pro design switch,take the wire coming out of the aluminum end to ground and the one from thr plastic end to the hot wire,otherwise,it can shock you when you touch it.

Creech52
08-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Like said above, it should be a two wire set up, have you tried reversing the way you have it connected now. If all else fails and you know the brand you can call the manufacture and have them send you some directions.

With the shocking you deal, I had a dirtbike push button kill switch on my old 230 for awhile and if u were touching the bars when you pushed the rubber button it would jolt you. That was interesting :D

C-LEIGH RACING
08-12-2008, 09:09 AM
You must have it hooked up to the wrong wire in the harness, but, if you connected the grounding wire from the switch to the frame, then it shouldnt run at all unless you put the clip in.

The black wire with white stripe is your main ignition wire in the harness from the stator to the CDI box.
Neil