PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Sand Dunes

dune250r
11-10-2001, 01:30 AM
I have started a site that reviews all the Nothwest dunes I have been to. Please take a look and let me know what you think. http://sandboxtoys.tripod.com

Chef
11-10-2001, 02:21 PM
there is an area of the site that talks about a "Psycho Trike" i think there is a slight error in where it says "quarter mile in range of 4 seconds" or something like that, i think you may need to change that, other than that, your site is the bomb.

just saying, not trying to start a flame or anything here, just wouldnt want someone that doesnt have much knowledge of that kind of stuff being mislead, cause after all, that would mean that quad was running 250+ miles an hour! :devil

dune250r
11-10-2001, 04:13 PM
My mistake. I called a friend of mine that was a tech at Dune Fest. The track is 100 yards and that time was a little over 4 seconds. I fixed it on the site. I want to be as true to fact as can be. It is good to be corrected otherwise, like you said, I would be misleading people. Thanks for correcting me.

Chef
11-10-2001, 04:49 PM
you should go to the chat room, the link is in the open forum under "chat room"

rhandw69
11-10-2001, 09:18 PM
I go into your site quite often, i actually was at your camp this past Memorial day weekend. I stopped by just to introduce myself since i recocnized your camp and setup from previous ones.
Very very good site,
Rhan

dune250r
11-10-2001, 11:21 PM
We usually go to Sand Lake for memorial. We will be at Coos Bay this coming year at Horsfall campground. If you are in the area stop by and say hi.

rhandw69
11-11-2001, 10:30 PM
we were camped just north off the beach approach, there was a little track there that the kids could ride around, but anyways, we were all camped and hovered around that.
This past labor day weekend we were in the same spot.
We had the strobe light and the tunes on quite a bit throughout the night and we tend to bounce our time from our camp to the bowl back to camp or over to Cliff Robinsons camp.
Rhan

rhandw69
11-11-2001, 10:40 PM
here is just a quick pic of me at the lake.
rhan

dune250r
11-11-2001, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I remember the track. We were camped next to the Full Bore camp. Too bad their dance got shut down.

rhandw69
11-13-2001, 12:14 PM
Yeah, we were all pretty excited for the dance thing. My wife and me even brought our own babysitter so we could hang out for the festivities.
I pulled into the camp, and everything was covered up.
Rhan

out4sand
11-14-2001, 03:17 PM
The full bore folks sure know how to throw a dune dance party with style. Below is a picture from their Memorial day party. Not the greatest picture but you get the idea - dance stage, lights, DJ mixing tables, and enough speakers to make the ground shake!

Mitch400EX
11-14-2001, 05:09 PM
love the site dune250R. I'm all too familliar with beverly and moses lake dunes. Been to southern oregon dunes, it was the best 4 days of my life. Gotta try St anthony sometime. Seeing as how were all from the same area (sort of), did any of you guys race the Friday night SIR MX last season?

Mitch
00 400EX FMF pipe, busted works shocks

dune250r
11-14-2001, 05:57 PM
No, I have never raced there. Actually have never raced at all. I only live about 10 minutes away from it and have watched the races. I actually have a friend named John Kiebler that races two wheelers there every one and a while.

rhandw69
11-15-2001, 09:59 AM
I keep hearing about the races at SIR, but i cant find anything on the internet about it.(schedule,times etc.)
I know of the hare scrambles out in oakwood arena, but id be interested in the sir if they offer amatuer classes for 4 strokes.
Rhan

out4sand
11-15-2001, 02:49 PM
I am not sure how they break up the quad classes but I know that by the end of this season they had at least 4 gates running for the quads. You might check any of the local cycle shops, the races are mixed the 2 wheelers so any good shop should have some answers for you. If that fails you might call Seabrook cycle and ask for Angelo Moore (253) 922-8296, he raced banshee's up there for the last couple years and might have some better info for you. I did hear that the current owner of the track, Clem from Enumclaw Yamaha, sold his rights to the track to Devol Racing if I recall correctly. So who knows what will happen next spring when race time rolls around. You might also check the AMA I think you have to be a member to race but once again that may change with the new ownership. Hope that helps

dune250r
11-15-2001, 03:44 PM
good info Out4sand.

Mitch400EX
11-15-2001, 07:59 PM
Contact Jeff Mcgahan at Enumclaw Suzuki. He was in charge of the quad racing last season. The quad classes keep getting bigger and bigger so I'd imagine that they're still going to run it next year. It started in May of last year and went all the way through august. It was mixed with a whole bunch of 2 wheeler classes, which resulted in really long waits between your races, but last year they were considering doing a quad only series on a different day of the week. Hope that happens.

Mitch
00 400EX FMF pipe busted works shocks

11-18-2001, 06:13 PM
I raced at SIR about two years ago before they changed the track. I personally think that now the track is more flat track than anything. When I use to race, there were doubles and triples. Now there are just smooth hills of dirt. It is worth it to try though. Next year they are starting a Saturday night, Quads only races, it should be pretty cool. Right now they race three classes, 4- stroke, 2-stroke, and open. Usually the winners from the two and four stroke compete in the open class. I believe there are 12 races all season and a dealers race. You can win a jacket and trophy at the end of the season. But it is a little spendy to race.