PDA

View Full Version : 450er carb

katch26
08-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Well I bought this to put on my predator and its all (with a little work and custom cable etc) buttoned up but Ive never jetted an FCR and if someone could explain to me what/ where all of the jets are it would be appreciated

So far I installed a 165 main changed the needle out and "slow jet" (I used the HRC jet kit) I haven't touched the pilot or apparently there's one more in there (leak?). With just the bike running, no load, it pops pretty good almost like there is an air leak around the intake but its on there solid, so are the headers. The weird part is the idle adjust (the tube off the top by the throttle cable?) doesnt make a bit a difference one way or the other. I read online that too lean (small) of a pilot jet would keep the carb from idling down on its own would that also effect use of the idle circuit altogether?

I'm using the stock pred intake tube couple to a large K&N filter with outerware. I used the noss adaptor so I had to grind a little off of the outside of the fcr intake and drilled the Noss for a set screw and dimpled the outside of the carb for the screw to rest itself in.
Any ideas?

ok depending on where you get the info the leak is also called the slow or accelorator bypass jet and the pilot is also called the slow. I ll just call them leak and pilot from here out.

08-08-2008, 05:29 PM
what eleveation are you at?:confused:

katch26
08-15-2008, 12:00 PM
see level maybe 10 ft above