PDA

View Full Version : What steering stem?

YZROOSTINYA
12-06-2002, 04:46 AM
I need to knowe where to get a aftermarket steering stem. i just bent my second stock one.

i have pro tapers right now that i took off my yz

looking for +1 forward and +1 higher or possibly +2

i need to get it a inch higher than it is now. i have it mounted to the stock stem with adapters which puts it basically about stock. i dont know if the big rubber clamps will make it too high if i go +1.

i want the rubber clamps for the pro tapers to ease vibration and shock. just dont want to spend 2 billion aon a stem.

what are good brands and how much did you pay?

thanks ladies and gents:)

CHAR250R
12-06-2002, 06:26 AM
Magic Racing. 1 800 999 4594. I got a Roll Design lengthened stem (+1 1/4") in chrome, anti vibe clamp for Pro Tapers bars, and a Pro Taper bar pad for $299.00 + shipping. Duncan Racing and Roll Design get $349.00 for it + shipping, and the clamp and pad are extra. I have one on my 400ex and I love it. I have one in the box for my 250r. I have Pro Tapers on my EX, and another set for my R. All the stock ones do is bend. Alot of people say it's better to use the stock stem, so if something bends, it will be the stem and not the frame. What are these guys doing to bend the frame? Jumping the Grand Canyon? I love to jump my EX. I'm not Evil Knievil, but I get my fair share of air. My Roll Design stem is as straight as the day I got it. Laegers makes very good stems too, if you can get one. Every time I called to get one, I was told I had to wait 6 weeks. Any stem you get will be better then that stock one. I think the stock one is made of tinfoil! Good luck.

12-06-2002, 06:34 AM
Laegers!...@"Kellners Motor Sports"..in Pa.
I was there a few days ago he has a few rt now & cheaper .@$280.00..give Tony a call 570 366-1804
he is a geat guy & can help w/any tech advise ..:D

YZROOSTINYA
12-06-2002, 07:06 AM
2-r's

is that the whole set-up?

stem, clamp, pad?

where in pa is that?

12-06-2002, 07:17 AM
YES, but before going be sure to call Tony he will fill you in,answer all questions etc ,& give ya directions to his shop also.
not far from TCTRI ...& you'll find many more pcs/parts ...
everytime I go there I find something more to buy .. :D

YZROOSTINYA
12-06-2002, 07:35 AM
is it the yamaha shop? near tower or a differant one.

maybe i will take a ride up there tomorrow.

12-06-2002, 07:41 AM
no:)
check your pms..

Sick0
12-06-2002, 07:47 AM
I think all the aftermarket stems are good, haven't been able to see any real defreacnes in streath. I would ether buy the cheapest one you could get or buy the one thats looks the coolest to you. From whats I seen they are all buy using the same metals, same diamater pipe, simalair designs. I don't see paying an extra 100 dollars because of a name.