PDA

View Full Version : reed to makita suzuki

250r rider 88
08-08-2008, 11:27 AM
chad reed has signed with makita suzuki for next year, so as far as the big four is concerned if the rumors about stewart are true heres what we are looking at for next year

Suzuki: Reed
Honda: Windham
Yamaha: Stewart
Kawasaki: Villapoto

its gonna be an awesome year thats for sure, any one of those guys can win the championship whats everyone thoughts on it?

heres the link to the article on reed also:

http://www.motocross.com/articles/article/news/20080807/chad_reed_joins_team_rockstar_makita_suzuki-16016.html

dehner47
08-08-2008, 01:56 PM
you know zuki was gonna have to pick reed up after ricky finally retired.they needed someone who was gonna match james speed in supercross.and for next years supercross season,my $$$$ on windham if he on a factory honda.experience always over comes speed and big kahuna's anyday..

travis spader told me once and it has always stuck in my head..
"speed wins races.consistancy wins championships"

and on that note, no one is more consistant then kdub..

250r rider 88
08-08-2008, 02:58 PM
i totally agree about windham he came so close this year and im ready to see honda have another championship but you also have to think about villapoto: same team, same sponsors, just a bigger bike, and btw he put up lap times as fast as the 450s on his 250 at some of the nationals this year

something else to consider we still dont know exactly where bubbas going to, and we have no info on the new crf450, with all the other 450s having efi i would pray honda does the same with their 450, the suzuki riders are swearing by it, yamaha has their 450 with it( more than likely with development help from reed) and kawi has (stewart/villapoto probally helped with that as well), so with windham being the only guy staying on the relatively same bike especially if he helped develop hondas bike for this year has the best chance for the championship hands down as long as he remains healthy until the season starts

and last but not least, where does mike allesi end up next year? will it be reed for supercross and allessi for outdoors? i would like to see reed come outside and run outdoors next year just to see if he can do it

Mxjunkie
08-09-2008, 05:39 AM
It's going to be weird seeing stewart on a yamaha! :bandit:

450raider
08-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
It's going to be weird seeing stewart on a yamaha! :bandit:

agreed, i was a fan of em at one time and he may have single handedly revived kawi as a serious race threat but i read in multiple mags that hes a real a** when it comes to fan interaction, so him leaving isnt a heart breaker... ill be rooting for villapoto, good for him and reed and windham at least theyve all earned where they are...JMO

powermadd400ex
08-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by 450raider
agreed, i was a fan of em at one time and he may have single handedly revived kawi as a serious race threat but i read in multiple mags that hes a real a** when it comes to fan interaction, so him leaving isnt a heart breaker... ill be rooting for villapoto, good for him and reed and windham at least theyve all earned where they are...JMO
ive heard that about stewart as well. ryan villopoto was and still is my favorite rider. ill be rooting for him and kevin this year.

ZeroLogic
08-09-2008, 09:47 AM
All I know is that this is going to be a killer season. I wonder how Villapoto will hang in there with the big dogs now.

FHKracingZ
08-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Dont be so sure about stewart on a Yamaha yet. While it is likely there has been information pointing L&M Racing going towards a Honda factory ride also..

Windham is consistant but to slow in my mind to win a championship... Talk about consistantly dominating how bout Bubba. He has won i believe 16 out of 16 motos this year in the MX class... That is astounding.

As far as stewart and fans.. Stewart is 10x better with fans then ricky will ever be.. Goto a national, stewart walks around the pits talks to people and is nice along with his family. Ricky rides, does an autograph session and sits in his RV, personally a dick in my mind.

yfz450bb07
08-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Who is L&M racing???

Would Stewart be going with factory yamaha or a team with factory support?? What about gibbs racing they have the money plus his old mechanic?

mine
08-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Windham is'nt close to being hondas top rider any more, they have short, millsaps [when he's not complaing about shaved legs or monkey but] and they still have townley and tedesco. Whindams in the retiring years of his career, the guy hauls the mail but he was looking at retirement last year already, his glory days are over.

Sadly.. suzuki's main guy indoors is going to be reed, If reed does do out doors it will be a guarranteed battle with him, alessi and Villopoto [ Thats if bubba doesnt do outdoors next year].

L&M is the same as san manuel, same team.. everything, stewart already has a multi million dollar deal signed with them, the only thing is L&M is a satelite team, whci means they get unlimitied factory support, but they can also switch teams from year to year or however there contract with that company works, so no, stewie will not be on a factory yamaha.

I'd love to see J-law train his *** off with this one year he's got off and run a 450 next year. That would make for some controvorsey :devil:

AtvMxRider
08-10-2008, 08:01 AM
L&M is not sure what bikes they will have next year. Bubba hasn't officially signed with them yet.

FHKracingZ
08-10-2008, 08:04 PM
bubba has signed with L&M Racing. Except L&M racing has not signed with a factory yet.

Im preety sure L&M head guy Larry Brooks will sign with Yamaha again though.

250r rider 88
08-10-2008, 10:54 PM
L&M will more than likely sign with Yamaha, if not i could see them going with Honda,

and i think that the AMA will stand behind their decision even after the review at the end of the season and J-Law is done racing end of that story the kid had so many chances and never could get straight

joe bryd aid it best in NBK, "when you want to be at this level of racing you cant go out partying and drinking with buddies every weekend, we stayed home and trained and worked on bikes"--thats not word for word either but close enough

FHKracingZ
08-10-2008, 11:13 PM
I cant disagree more about the Jlaw subject. I was with Jlaw at the time of his incident at redbud and it was b/s.. Im not gonna get into the whole subject, but theres only so much somebody can do when a guy comes at you looking for trouble and swings at you..

Jlaw is what this sport needs. There is to many "franchise" riders, they are all boring and jlaw mix's things up. He will be back for 09 superX you can bet on that... The kid is super fast and never trains. He could be the fastest 250f rider out there, mark my words.

IOWAracer
08-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Im a J law fan have been for a while my cousin is debating on running Pro Nationals next year his name is Alex Malot he is a local mo kid signed with a team and back by KTM road with many top riders and is very fast idk what his plans are right now but i talked to him today and they are moving to florida to train year round.......

mine
08-11-2008, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
I cant disagree more about the Jlaw subject. I was with Jlaw at the time of his incident at redbud and it was b/s.. Im not gonna get into the whole subject, but theres only so much somebody can do when a guy comes at you looking for trouble and swings at you..

Jlaw is what this sport needs. There is to many "franchise" riders, they are all boring and jlaw mix's things up. He will be back for 09 superX you can bet on that... The kid is super fast and never trains. He could be the fastest 250f rider out there, mark my words.

Glad to see there are actually some Jay lovers out there, over on thumpertalk they make him out to be the saddam hussein of motocross.

tt racer
08-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I think Stewart is an ok guy for the most part but omg his dad acting like a total fool when his son wins. He rants and raves like he is some sort of a king it makes me sick to see it he needs to check himself.

gcart2
08-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by tt racer
I think Stewart is an ok guy for the most part but omg his dad acting like a total fool when his son wins. He rants and raves like he is some sort of a king it makes me sick to see it he needs to check himself.

punctuation.;)

think about it though. their whole life is notox. i mean for heavens sake they live on a motocross track. where big james lives is about 10 acres or so which is 100% mx track. about three years ago they used to wake me everyday at 6:30am to the sound of exhaust pipes.

then again it was nice when school came around. instead of having to listen to an annoying buzzer from an alarm clock i got that =)

mine
08-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by tt racer

You're 33 years old, i guess you don't have kids? If I get to see my son prove that he's the most talented human on a motorcycle in the world week in, and week out, id bug the eff out too. He's a proud father whos living the dream as well, big James used to race back in the day too but obviosly never made it as far as his son. Alot of parents live there dreams through there kids in the 2-wheel motocross scene.