PDA

View Full Version : tranny install

QuadRacer18
08-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Im in the process of rebuilding my 06 tranny. I already did the tranny mod and im about to put the tranny in the case. When i read the manual, they didnt specify if the two halves of the transmission need to be meshed at a certain point on each of the gears. Is there a specific way to slide the gears together, or do you just make it so the gears mesh at any point, and then just slide it into place?

also, do the shift drum and forks go in before the tranny or afterwards? thanks!

08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Set the drum in there. Then place the shafts with the gears in place. It all has to kinda be dropped in as one unit. To install the forks and rods that hold the forks in, you need to lift the gear shafts up and spread them slightly and tilt the drum a little. Then drop it all in place. You almost need 3 hands to do it.

QuadRacer18
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
ok, but do the two tranny shafts with the gears on them need to be positioned together in any certain way? Like do the gears need to be meshed at a certain point before sliding it into the case? lemmie know if this doesnt make sense lol

KEVIN132
09-27-2008, 06:47 PM
im doing my tranny and was looking for agood link thanks everyone