PDA

View Full Version : 440ex general question?

bjg696
08-08-2008, 06:15 AM
I am looking at getting something for my 440ex that will tell me the temp of the oil at all times. Would a digital temp dipstick or a trail tech Vapor on board(speed temp,rpms,etc...) be better?

blaaze416
08-08-2008, 06:53 AM
If you want more for your money, go with the vapor. BUT, I've heard the temp sensor is somewhat inaccurate. AND, if you get one, make sure to get the billet carrier for it. I had a trail tech that i guess i hit with a branch while riding, and knocked it clean off my bike. It was mounted using the plastic mount they provide...cheap! I'd go with a digital dipstick. More accurate and cheaper. Though if you ride a lot of water or mud, you should put your stock dipstick back in or risk wrecking the digital one. I thought about getting the digital dipstick and somehow sealing it.

bjg696
08-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Yea, ive seen the digital dip sticks. They say they are pretty accurate. But id like to have a vaper to thought. they say the come in handy on the trails. I do alot od MX riding and i didnt know if the vapor would hold up to that abuse. But i am never in the mud or water. So they are not water proof?

XSR03Preddy
08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by bjg696
Yea, ive seen the digital dip sticks. They say they are pretty accurate. But id like to have a vaper to thought. they say the come in handy on the trails. I do alot od MX riding and i didnt know if the vapor would hold up to that abuse. But i am never in the mud or water. So they are not water proof?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

blaaze416
08-08-2008, 09:22 PM
^^^maybe he lives in a desert, or death valley...

but no, they are not waterproof. I talked to a rep about them not too long ago.

I just picked up a Garmin GPS thingy form REI.com for a 130, and so far I like it. It is waterpfoof too! All I wanted the trail tech for was speed and distance. The maintanence intervals were nice too. But with the Garmin, I have all that(- matainence reminders), plus I don't get lost!! I can just go......and not worry, as long as I have some gas! Thought I'd pass on my find.

bjg696
08-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Yea, ill go on there and check them out. I havent made my mind up yet but i am going toward the dipstck. But i mite get the gps too and not run the temp setup...

XSR03Preddy
08-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by blaaze416
^^^maybe he lives in a desert, or death valley...

No, I've seen him ride.......... LOL!

:cool:

blaaze416
08-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by XSR03Preddy
No, I've seen him ride.......... LOL!

:cool:

DOH!!

bjg696
08-11-2008, 12:39 PM
yea thats right xsr03preddy........You know how i roll......