PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions

250Renvy
08-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Pappy, I figured this was the best way to contact

Just wondering what the extent of your welding capabilities are?

1.Wondering if you can tig weld and if you were provided the pieces, could you cut off some pro-peg mounts and weld on some 88/89 style footpeg mounts for an aftermarket 250R frame?

Just wondering if I can save a step.

2. What's your zip?

3. Do you have a color that matches fighting red? I've been to a couple places and had a frame coated and it doesn't match the fenders - too dark. It was a stoplight red.

Pappy
08-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Yep, I dont see much of a problem with the exception of removing the existing mounts. Can you get me a picture so I can see what I might be getting into...lol

The closest red to 250R fenders is Baron Red as far as I know.

25427 is my zip

(also, reason you want the 88/89 peg mounts due to nerf availability for the pro pegs?)

250Renvy
08-08-2008, 09:55 AM
What I'd want cut off is the pro-peg mount on the footpeg area as well as the front mount and made to look kinda like it wasn't there to begin with.

Here's a pic.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i289/250Renvy/For%20sale/DSCN2550.jpg

The reason is that the nerfs are no longer available and I prefer footpegs so I can put my feet down to back up or roll.

Also, this would take some coordinating but if everything was scheduled pretty far in advance could the powder job be done in 2-3 days turnaround?

Pappy
08-08-2008, 10:06 AM
well the rears could be cut off flush, over welded and ground flat in preperation for the peg mount

the front could be easy or difficult depending on how much room is available to get to the weld. i would use a plama cutter, then weld in and sand off the area to try and make it look like it never existed etc

in reality, your looking at aleast 2 weeks due to the frame being already coated. i can always try and do it faster, but make no promises as i try and not rush any of the process

250Renvy
08-21-2008, 11:04 AM
O.k. so it turns out that welding/cutting will be a chore.

This Baron Red that you have - what would be the closest RAL number?

Apparently I got something called Signal red which was slightly dark with a RAL # around 3001

Based on Columbia coatings website, they list a Tomato Red RAL 3013, and Traffic Red RAL 3020 which would be closer?

Pappy
08-21-2008, 11:39 AM
not sure off the top of my head, and i never trust the ral color charts....they are usually way off