PDA

View Full Version : Need help - 2008 HRC kit

quad2xtreme
08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Got this kit from Yamaha of Troy via e-bay. Supposed to be new but the cam shaft bag was already opened. I can't believe it because I already installed the rest of the kit. I saved the cam for last since that is what I am least comfortable doing.

So, the big question is how do I tell if I actually have the correct HRC cam shaft? The one that is in there doesn't seem to have a single marking. It is definitely new.

Is there a way for me to measure it? Or, is my best option to take it to the local Honda shop?

/jon

Crusty450er
08-08-2008, 09:57 PM
dont take a chance on putting it in if you can return the hrc kit back to troy. i would go to your local honda and have them compare it. they should have a kit on stock and bring a calibration tool to measure the lobes to see if they are the same. i dont see Troy doing something like that but better safe than mad as heck when your quad runs the same. i put a stage 2 hot cam and it was like night and day. good luck.

quad2xtreme
08-09-2008, 06:13 AM
The good news is that I sent the cam back to Yamaha of Troy. They apologized because they didn't know it was opened and totally understand my concern. I assume a customer bought it then returned it and they didn't notice it was opened already. They even offered to pay the shipping both directions.

Crusty450er
08-09-2008, 02:11 PM
that is really good news. smart man and troy are good people to do business with.