PDA

View Full Version : Awesome support from Hiper

quad2xtreme
08-07-2008, 11:24 AM
I screwed up an 8X8" double beadlock wheel because I forgot to torque the lug nuts.

Called Hiper on 8/4. They sent me a new center for $55 plus $12 shipping.

I think the price for the aluminum center is very reasonable and nice not to get raped on the shipping and handling. The part arrived today so they shipped the same day too.

Almost makes me wonder if you couldn't order all the parts individually and beat the price of a new wheel. :D

/Jon

bwamos
08-07-2008, 01:45 PM
LoL.. not likley. ;)

But I bet the combined cost is pretty much about what you'd pay for a full assembly.

Basically you're getting charged a fair market value instead of the normal 3x gouging part cost.. lol.

I also agree I love dealing with Hiper. I will never own a different wheel as long as they stay the way they are.

JRP
08-07-2008, 02:37 PM
hey jon, since i couldnt make it to LL because of my elbow, im going to go to NCMP saturday(most likely) to see how it feels. Just wanted to see if you wanted to meet up?

quad2xtreme
08-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by JRP
hey jon, since i couldnt make it to LL because of my elbow, im going to go to NCMP saturday(most likely) to see how it feels. Just wanted to see if you wanted to meet up?

It is possible but I didn't have a great time last weekend since my quad is still down. I turned Connie's stock bike into an mx bike the best I could with my wheels and tires. I am currently installing the HRC kit on it. If I don't need cam shims then I could make it. I definitely have to be careful though. You know what it is like to come off an aftermarket quad and go back to stock...well sort of, at least your Suzuki was still wide and low.

I called Houser today as I was thinking of having a set of a-arms overnighted if they had them in stock so I could put them on Connie's quad. I already have 2005 hub and spindles on there. Turns out the new a-arms take 20.25" LT shocks whereas mine are like 19.5" LTs. I figured 3/4" was a big difference and I didn't want to invest in new shocks too.

Check your private messages. Tell me more about the status of your 450r.

/Jon

quad2xtreme
08-07-2008, 04:02 PM
I planned to race this Saturday at Rolling Hills but can't now...that was why I tested hers last weekend. I was hoping to make 9 of the 12 GCS races. Missing this one now puts me at 9 of 11 and I was planning to head to Breezewood or Florida for Labor Day which would make it 9 of 10 races. The GCS series hasn't even started and I already know I won't make enough races.

They need special exemption for people over 40 who can show they have a damn job!!!

quad2xtreme
08-07-2008, 04:04 PM
BTW, saw Stanton's picture in Dirt Wheels. That was pretty cool that Thomas sent that in.

Those guys heading to NCMP too?

08-07-2008, 04:10 PM
pick me up ill go:devil:

08-07-2008, 04:15 PM
i cracked a rim they wouldent do crapppp for me

quadracer707
08-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Cracked a rim 2 years ago, they sent it overnite, with a box for me to send back the cracked one NO CHARGE. Although I do think the are over rated.

450Rchaser
08-07-2008, 06:52 PM
I ordered 2 center for $95 before. Atleast they sell individual pieces so your not buying a whole new wheel.

JRP
08-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
BTW, saw Stanton's picture in Dirt Wheels. That was pretty cool that Thomas sent that in.

Those guys heading to NCMP too?

didn't see that pic, dont get dirtwheels anymore lol.

nah they actually went to LL. thats why im so bummed out about my elbow, everyone is going to be there! Im gonna be really mad though if i go ride and my elbow dosen't bother me, then i know i missed out...:ermm:

bwamos
08-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by walshyfz86
i cracked a rim they wouldent do crapppp for me

What rim?

The Tech3's are warrantied.

quad2xtreme
08-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Connie's quad is still down. I installed the whole HRC only to discover the cam package was already opened. With no real way to tell if this was truly a 2008 HRC cam, I sent it back today. Yamaha of Troy took it back without questions and is replacing with an unopened cam. They were so nice to deal with I will most likely start ordering future Honda stuff from them. They apologized for the oversight and offered to pay the shipping both ways. I was impressed with the customer service.

JRP
08-08-2008, 05:00 PM
hey jon, i will be at NCMP tomorrow, till about 3. From the time they open till 3 ill be there so hopefully ill see you there!

quad2xtreme
08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Jordan,

I definitely won't be there unless I show up on a bike. I was toying with buying your quad but I've really been thinking about getting a bike. In fact, I will probably go look tomorrow. Of course, I've been toying with getting a street bike too but Connie is way more against that and I have to respect that to a point since she is the one who takes care of me every time I get hurt. She wouldn't care one bit if I got an mx bike tomorrow. She would actually prefer I ride a bike for mx and a quad for trail riding anyhow. If I really got into the bike more then I could just convert my 450r into XC.

I can't believe you still have your quad at that price. I would put it on ebay and here is why. You get so many more people looking. Put a right to cancel due to local sale. You still pay a little to do this but it is chump change compared to the newspaper. Craigslist is for bargain shoppers. With ebay, you will get people who contact you and want to look at it. They will offer to buy it on the spot and then you cancel the auction. The down side is the ones who don't buy it will come later and steal it. :eek2:

08-08-2008, 05:41 PM
i need a riding buddy in NC:devil:

JRP
08-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by hondarider661
i need a riding buddy in NC:devil:

come to ncmp tomorrow.

and i understand completely jon. Bikes are awsome, i rode a cr450f the other day, and they are fun as hell, just im a crazy goon on it, hahah. Its hard going from a quad to a bike, wayyyy different. But ya screw getting a streetbike, its not you thats dangerous, its the other drivers! and i will talk to my dad about putting it on ebay, im sure we are going to have to sometime or later if we can't sell it.

08-08-2008, 05:53 PM
1: i dont have my license
2: i dont think my parents would let me.

haha i wish, carolina adventure world is cool to

hondaracer31
08-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Jordan,

I definitely won't be there unless I show up on a bike. I was toying with buying your quad but I've really been thinking about getting a bike.

You traitor!:eek2:
HAHAHA If I didn't suck so bad on a bike I'd have gone back one long ago.:ermm:

quad2xtreme
08-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
You traitor!:eek2:
HAHAHA If I didn't suck so bad on a bike I'd have gone back one long ago.:ermm:

LOL, well I will have to like it a lot before I will switch the 450r into a trail machine. I am thinking the 250 4 stroke is plenty for me but I remember how much I liked the power of my WR400.

outacontrol
08-09-2008, 07:33 AM
been a quad rider all my life. never even threw a leg over a dirt bike till about 4 yrs ago. I bought a new Ktm 250f, and love the bike ON TRAILS! Took it to breezewood and after like 3 laps i want to get off of it to ride my LTR and jump stuff. Just so different to switch on a mx track. I know most kids grew up on bikes so they had the background, and everything was new to me, Good luck Jon if you buy one, but i think you will miss the comfort level of your 450r on a track..